Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Young Slovenian player (now 17) Newcastle signed from NK Domzale.

He is a typical number 10 attacking midfielder/playmaker, but is tall (1m 88), quick,strong and has a wand of a left peg. He underwent trials at Milan before Newcastle nipped into sign him about a season or so back. Reportedly interesting Man Ure lately.

Unfortunately he had a big injury (5-6 months out) so hasn't had much playing time this season but nevertheless someone to watch out for in the future.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slovenian? :mad: He still hasn't decided wether he will play for Slovenia or BIH
He was born in Slovenia and has represented Slovenia at all youth levels so far (U-17/18/19).....

But fair enough...I take your point. Any news on which country he might favour more?

Bosnia certainly have some exciting players now which could sway his decision.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
He was born in Slovenia and has represented Slovenia at all youth levels so far (U-17/18/19).....

But fair enough...I take your point. Any news on which country he might favour more?

Bosnia certainly have some exciting players now which could sway his decision.
It's hard to tell.

From one side he tells the Slovenian media what they want to hear: "I'll play for Slovenia" while he tells the Bosnian media that he's still to make a decision.

On his fb profile he has for example joined a million groups like "I love Bosnia"

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's hard to tell.

From one side he tells the Slovenian media what they want to hear: "I'll play for Slovenia" while he tells the Bosnian media that he's still to make a decision.

On his fb profile he has for example joined a million groups like "I love Bosnia"
if he can`t decide, then i don`t want him anywhere near our national team.
i mean, you invest in some player from early childhood, raise him, give him a chance to play for all categories, and then he suddenly thinks that he should care more about his parrent`s country than about his own.

·
Registered
40,564 Posts
Top Slovenian talent! :thumbsup:

And lol at the BiHocrits. When someone like Bilbija is mentioned, Serbs become the devil, but getting your own foreign exports back is ok? :D

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
Rene Krhin is a bigger Slovenian talent, even though I am normally against the EU, they get aided here as it is easier for their players to transfer and develop in foreign countries, which is why their league is one of the weakest in all of the region, even weaker than BiH's I'll even say (stronger the Macedonian though)

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Top Slovenian talent! :thumbsup:

And lol at the BiHocrits. When someone like Bilbija is mentioned, Serbs become the devil, but getting your own foreign exports back is ok? :D
Actually, you are wrong. When the case of Ljajic came up, 95% of us said that he should play for Serbia. He was born there and is Serbian. Nobody wasted a breath on this nor did we have a big debate. The same goes for Bilbija. Nemanja is born in Bosnia and we consider him ours.

Players of Balkan origin that are displaced are a totally different subject. If BIH and Serbia want to fight for players that have some connection to our countries, I don't see anything wrong there either.

I think it be different if these players left normally but in BIH over million people were displaced do to the aggression on BIH. They had to leave and most of these people still feel very patriotic towards BIH.

·
Registered
40,564 Posts
Bilbija's family is from Sanski Most though, a city where my kumovi are from and which was overtaken in the war (they moved to BL, like a lot of others, including Bilbija's family). How some of you fail to recognize that a lot of Serbs feel the same way is beyond me. Otherwise Koroman, Krstajic, Milosevic and co would have played for Bosnia, believe me. Also, I've visited a lot of NT games in Serbia and let me tell you, sometimes it feels as if the majority is from RS in the stands.

As for Ljajic, you could claim him, but he's also mixed (Adem Bojan Ljajic) and born in Serbia, not misplaced either. The thing is though, if you can't prove a direct link to Bosnia, he has no chance of switching nationalities. As successors of Yugoslavia, we do have the right to players born all across former YU, with Serbian links. That in itself isn't fair, I agree, but then again, the rest all seceded.

And for the record, I've been among the group who said we should respect Bilbija's decision either way and I'm only using him as example here. I don't think he'll switch, but if some Serbs hope he does it doesn't make it any different from people hoping Vuckic still ends up playing for Bosnia.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
So you're telling us that it's wrong to take our players in who were raised in neighbouring countries but it's not a big deal when Serbia does it over talents who went through all the ranks in BIH?

And I don't remember anyone saying a bad word about Serbia when it came to Bilbija. All we said was that if he doesn't want to play for us then he can piss off, no one would shed a tear.

·
Registered
40,564 Posts
No dude! I meant it's the same thing (and it's OK!), first post was basically a provocative joke! :D

But as always Manijak misunderstood.

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
No dude! I meant it's the same thing (and it's OK!), first post was basically a provocative joke! :D

But as always Manijak misunderstood.
Misunderstood? My opinion on the matter is different, there is no misunderstanding here.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Actually, you are wrong. When the case of Ljajic came up, 95% of us said that he should play for Serbia. He was born there and is Serbian. Nobody wasted a breath on this nor did we have a big debate. The same goes for Bilbija. Nemanja is born in Bosnia and we consider him ours.

Players of Balkan origin that are displaced are a totally different subject. If BIH and Serbia want to fight for players that have some connection to our countries, I don't see anything wrong there either.

I think it be different if these players left normally but in BIH over million people were displaced do to the aggression on BIH. They had to leave and most of these people still feel very patriotic towards BIH.
LOL sure. I was born in Bosnia, I happened to be a Serb and all of the Bosnians consider/call me as Serbian because I am not Muslim. Now I imagine if I become some kind of superstar I would immediately be praised as the biggest Bosnian.

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
LOL sure. I was born in Bosnia, I happened to be a Serb and all of the Bosnians consider/call me as Serbian because I am not Muslim. Now I imagine if I become some kind of superstar I would immediately be praised as the biggest Bosnian.
LOL based on who you support and your avatar..good call by the bosnians, no? lmao

·
Registered
693 Posts
Ljajic will never make it anywhere with Slovenia, nor with Bosnia nor Serbia. He might as well give the only capable ex-yu country (Croatia) a call if he wants whats best for his career.

·
Registered
647 Posts
LOL based on who you support and your avatar..good call by the bosnians, no? lmao
LOL yeah, because I wear my avatar in real life? Maybe the online world is the real world for you, but I don't mean to insult if you are hiding in a closet on your pc (or mac).

Just so you know, YOU don't know me, WHO I am, WHERE I've lived, WHERE I come from, WHAT I've been through and WHAT I believe.

You should know, so you quit stereotyping me that I do consider myself a Bosnian, but also a Serb, and also a Yugoslavian. I love all of the people from ex-Yu like my brothers for many reasons and I support all the teams. I support all of the Yugoslavian teams and I have wear shirts from every team as my real life avatars if you will.

Next time quit judging me, I haven't done anything to judge you, and I have seen your posts and there is plenty to judge you on based on your personal and mental difficulties and that's as nicely as you would be diagnosed in Bosnia.

·
Registered
693 Posts
LOL yeah, because I wear my avatar in real life? Maybe the online world is the real world for you, but I don't mean to insult if you are hiding in a closet on your pc (or mac).

Just so you know, YOU don't know me, WHO I am, WHERE I've lived, WHERE I come from, WHAT I've been through and WHAT I believe.

You should know, so you quit stereotyping me that I do consider myself a Bosnian, but also a Serb, and also a Yugoslavian. I love all of the people from ex-Yu like my brothers for many reasons and I support all the teams. I support all of the Yugoslavian teams and I have wear shirts from every team as my real life avatars if you will.

Next time quit judging me, I haven't done anything to judge you, and I have seen your posts and there is plenty to judge you on based on your personal and mental difficulties and that's as nicely as you would be diagnosed in Bosnia.
Stop being a pansy, you're a Serb, accept it. I'm sick and tired of ex-yu people (especially Bosniaks) trying to force an uneasy coexistence with each other. Our peoples just don't mix, Croats cleaned out Krajina, Bosnia is trying to get the Serbs out of RS, RS Serbs are trying to succeed, ect.

Even football wise, Serbian Grobari mobbed up on and severely injured many innocent Croatian fans when Partizan faced Dinamo in Switzerland, Croats killed a Bosniak fan sometime this year, I'm sure the Bosnians did something to another ethnicity this year as well.

Get over it bro, our people can't mix.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yeah I won't waste my time with another pointless argument like this again. Like who you like, think what you think, your opinion will change the world.

Haris Vučkić .......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts