Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, this month of february is hard for the leaders.
chelsea
barça
lyon
juve (even if they still win)
maybe bayern is the only one which is still in a good run.

except the injuries, do you see a good reason for this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jern Lizardhous said:
maybe they are relaxing before the big CL games?
well, i'm thinking to juninho. which was in brazil for the hollydays. since, he is nomore decisive.
of course he need to relaxe. but seems it's more an handicap than a benefice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42,582 Posts
When the draw was made for Lyon vs. PSV, most were predicting a victory of o'l...

but those people couldn't predict the massive problems in defence that Lyon would experience, among other things.

PSV will win, IMO. Farfan is in hot form.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ILA said:
When the draw was made for Lyon vs. PSV, most were predicting a victory of o'l...

but those people couldn't predict the massive problems in defence that Lyon would experience, among other things.

PSV will win, IMO. Farfan is in hot form.
i have a bad feeling too about this match.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,208 Posts
mali said:
without kidding, i'm seriously worried for the cl match. lyon doesn't look that dominator.
You surely weren't expecting for Lyon to cruise through now were you? You're undefeated in the group stage with 5 wins and one draw! That's like bending over mode in the knock-out. You're gonna get it good. Just wait and see. :stuckup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haroon said:
You surely weren't expecting for Lyon to cruise through now were you? You're undefeated in the group stage with 5 wins and one draw! That's like bending over mode in the knock-out. You're gonna get it good. Just wait and see. :stuckup:
yes, but like said ILA, for those match we missed only abidal. now we have to face a strong psv with a decimed defense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42,582 Posts
Mali, the defence that started vs. Lens, was obviously makeshift. Will you recover any regulars for your clash with PSV, or will you be left with only Cris as the sole first-choice defender?

Clerc Cris Muller Malouda

Was this the back-four vs. Lens? I'm not 100%.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it was.
cris is amazing, so he can take the control of the center.
clerc surprised me, for a young player, he is really good. he has been perfect for the last match.
muller do have enough experience. i'm worried for the left back. malouda isn't the right man for this post. but i think abidal will be back, i have to check it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42,582 Posts
mali said:
but i think abidal will be back, i have to check it.
The return of Abidal is very important for Lyon since he's replacing the weakest link in the back four.

And, of course, with Malouda returning to his customary position for Lyon...well, maybe you're a slim chance vs. PSV ;)

Another thing to take into consideration: PSV have been poor away from home in CL. Twin 3-0 defeats vs. Fener and Schalke, and dominated by Milan who couldn't capitalise.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
18,453 Posts
Mali...

Forget who plays and who doesn't...

The real match is between Hiddink and Holliour, and I
am afraid the Dutch master will have Gerard for Breakfast
in terms of tactics and match awarness...

However Lyon need to win the home game by a good
margain and play a defensive game in Eindhoven :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
because i would like to know what is his way to prepare his players. i remember the legs of korean players in the 2002wc, they didn't have such legs one year before. that's all i will say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ILA said:
Oooooooooooooooooooooh, I get what you're saying... hehe

I love Hiddink, he was instrumental in Australia's qualification to the WC :) And he did it in only a few months too.
suspicion...
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,208 Posts
mali said:
because i would like to know what is his way to prepare his players. i remember the legs of korean players in the 2002wc, they didn't have such legs one year before. that's all i will say.
Maybe Bernard Tapie visited the Korean camp with a goodwill message! :eekani: :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haroon said:
Maybe Bernard Tapie visited the Korean camp with a goodwill message! :eekani: :tongue:
bah! are you surprised?
how do you think stuff works in this ideal world?:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,208 Posts
mali said:
bah! are you surprised?
how do you think stuff works in this ideal world?:D
I am surprised a bit. I don't think it happens frequently by entire teams but in short bursts to maybe a few players. I think the performance enhancing is done on the edge, slightly over the limitation but not excessively over.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top