Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wth:

we should always remember him for bringin us some wins and some great games but its getting boring and we should look to replace him.
Instead that we get stronger I got a feelin that we'r goin down, and in this case first one to blame is the coach.
How do you invite a player such as Duro that doesnt play 2-3 matches whole season with Arminia to start such important games...
There have been talks that Brigel has some secret agreements with players, so when the sign for any club he would get some % from their new contracts...first I didnt want to belive in such things, but it clearly explains it. Duro is one of his favorite players, they both together were seen many times and they both went to Verona...Duro 'was' known for his speed and crosses but I didnt see nothing from him these two games..and it clearly explains his totaly out of form, so why the hell does he still play ?
He goes and calls Altin Rraklli ?! (what did this guy do against Greece ? did he touch the ball ?) a player that couldnt settle in Turkey and came back to Albania...instead of callin Fatimr Vata who is regular with Arminia and one of the most high rated players every week ?!
I dont give a shit if Brigel hates him or had problems with him... I just want to see 'best' players in pitch.
Than one of his biggest mistakes, goes for "alla Brasil" tactic in Georgia... with a pretty game, lots of chances...and gets punished by 2 counterattacks !!!! Georgia gets 3 points and we get some compliments for a beautiful games and everybody forgets it tomorrow.
HELLLOO - Tare is not Ronaldo, and our defenders are not Carlos and Lucio...you cant play a game like that with this team.
I would fire him imidiatelly, a new coach should be in now. I dont know who :wth:

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I agree, Duro belongs on the bench in international matches. Vata should have his place! Instead of Rraklli or Bushi Skerdi Curri should be on the bench. Albania doesnt have too much talent but Briegel doesnt even utilize whats out there.

Briegel's performance as coach has given us these great results:
Albania 2 Greece 1
Albania 3 Russia 1
Albania 0 Rep Ireland 0
Albania 0 Switzerland 0
Albania 2 Sweden 1
Estonia 1 Albania 1 (away draw to a decent team, not bad)
(i didnt include smaller wins like the kazakstan away win or Alb 3 Georgia 1)

But also these horrible results
Albania 0 Ukraine 2
Albania 0 Denmark 2
Turkey 2 Albania 0
Greece 2 Albania 0
Georgia 2 Albania 0

Briegel and Duro are great friends. This is definitely true. But the main reason the players like Briegel is because he tries to get them contracts in Germany. A few weeks before the Greece game Briegel was trying to get Dallku and Osmani on teams in the Bundesliga!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
You are where you are suppose to be, under the top 4 teams...did you expect to top the standings? i mean every team has it goals... some are realistic some are not...

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Football results aren't defined by logic. Its spontanaeity is what makes it interesting. Now plz, show some etiquette and let Albanians talk about Their football matters.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
BlackHell said:
You are where you are suppose to be, under the top 4 teams...did you expect to top the standings? i mean every team has it goals... some are realistic some are not...
Dude, I'm really getting pissed of by your atitude. I guess you enjoy putting Albania down, don't you little f*ck? If you wanna add something positive or negative about our coach please do so & stick to the topic, but don't come in here like you're some type of superior bitch. Anyway yes we are where we're suppose to be. Did we expect to top the standing? You never know in soccer. Our group is tough, but not as tough because none of the teams are what you would call European superpowers. I don't think any of the teams in our group can pass the group stage in WC.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I don't know how you played in the rest of your qualifying games, but surely the coach must have some kind of responsibility for the shambles Albania was in Athens two days ago. I know you're a much better team than them, but not even Kazakhstan was that bad when we played them. At least they were trying to attack. Albania has some good players like Cana, Skela and Xaxhi so Briegel should have made something better than that out of them. Edwin Murati was in the press room during the match, and the Greek commentators said that during half-time he was really upset with Briegel and his tactics.

On the other hand, Albania really had no shot in this group and that was quite clear from the beggining so Briegel was always going to be judged on a performance rather than points basis. So if your team has played reasonably well, perhaps he deserves another shot...

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
From the results he deserves another shot no doubt. And he has done a lot to "discover" new NT players. But what worries us is the way he has handled the team. For example Erion Bogdani, which is our best striker(even though he can't find the net), was only called for the Ukraine game(and on). And how in hell can Briegel call a finished player like Altin Rraklli(who frankly for his form might be suited only to our shitty league) and not call a guy like Fatmir Vata(who constantly performs in the Bundesliga) who can play in any positions in midfield or attack and still got something left. He's a prick, that's the problem.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Players opinion

Briegel - it's time to walk away

This is how most of the players of Albanian National team feel after the last two devastated losses. "Briegel has disappointed us as players. When he started this job, we really believed in him. Not any more. His ability to coach is poor. His knowledge is not at the expected level of a coach and he has made some horrible decisions, including some inadequate adjustments from one match to the other. It is time for him to resign".

The players who appeared to be very angry and disappointed with the losses and the way their game plan was played out, don't think Briegel will be in the position of” coach” for much longer..

Mistakes made by the coach in the last two meetings, against Turkey and Greece

1- Activation of Dallku against Turkey- causing two goals, that apparently were the two and only goals of the match.

2- Dallku should have been substituted immediately after those errors and not left in the game. This was another sign of insecurity in our defense.

3- We shouldn't have played in defense against Greece if we had nothing to loose. We needed to play open and attack if we wanted to beat Greece.

4- We lost against Ukraine in set pieces goals. We never made any adjustments to the style of players and we were again punished by the same type of goals from Greece.

5- Another poor decision of the match was having Dallku enter the match last 6-7 minutes and he did what he does best; help the opposing team score more goals. He entered the match, Greece scored a goal.

6- Playing without forwards was big mistake. We needed to score. Why enter a striker and replace a striker. Tare, Bogdani and Rraklli should have been there from minute one. We would have won only if we had players to score and not players to defend.

7- We never play with a real vision of the match. No technical or tactical lessons are given during practice or before the match. All practice sessions are held behind closed doors, because Briegel doesn't want anybody to see his coaching techniques.

It will be better for Albania if Briegel leaves. This is our opinion.

·
Banned
845 Posts
I Think He Should Finish This Fifa 2006 And See How We Do If We Keep On Lossing And Not Callin Our Good Players Then Amigo Bye Bye.

·
Registered
396 Posts
How about calling Fortuzi? he has played pretty well for Iraklis scoring some goals.. he is old but i think he is good enough to at least be in the bench.

Doctor: i dont have any attitude in here... i am just saying there was no chance for Albania to take the 4th place or better... its not a bad comment... the coach must be judged from the player he has...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
There was big chances to get the 3th place for the moment coze we had not lost home in more than 3years before and than came the first loose against Danes 2-0 and Ukraine right after 2-0 wich made made this unpossible so dont say that we couldnt get better.And remeber something we have played 4 games now without 4mainplayers! Hasi,Aliaj,Murati and Beqiri who came back in the end.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Albanias above Georgia and Kazakstan now, but we couldve done better. I think our performance in this qualifying places us on a higher tier in European football?

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
BlackHell said:
How about calling Fortuzi? he has played pretty well for Iraklis scoring some goals.. he is old but i think he is good enough to at least be in the bench.

Doctor: i dont have any attitude in here... i am just saying there was no chance for Albania to take the 4th place or better... its not a bad comment... the coach must be judged from the player he has...
Furtuzi could have becomed one of the best albanian players, but he lacks motivation. Anyway, he would be a much better choice then that other guy, but he doesn't speak german :howler: . Agree with what u say, that the coach should be judged by the players he has. The problem, as i mention above, is that even though we have about 10-11 good players he still omits one(or two) of them.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didnt want to open a new thread about Brigel, I knew there's an old one. Reason I opened this again is bcz lately there are rumors he might be back at Kaiserslautern, this time as coach.

Here's a full article

Hans Peter Briegel kandidat për timonin e Kaiserslautern

Trajneri i Kombëtares së Shqipërisë, Hans Peter Brigel, ka shumë mundësi të largohet nga drejtimi i kuqezinjve. Shkak për këtë mund të bëhet një vendimi i tij për të drejtuar skuadrën e Kaiserlauternit, e cila e shikon Gjermanin e përfaqësues sonë si një nga kandidatët e mundshëm për të zënë vendin e trajnerit të dorëhequr Michael Henke. Pas humbjes 1-3 në ndeshjen e luajtur në shtëpi përballë një rivali direkt në luftën për të mos rënë nga Bundesliga, Nurenbergun, Kaiserslauterni ka parë trajnerin e saj të japë dorëheqjen. “Unë nuk mund të vazhdoj më kështu, pasi këtu nuk punoj dot më në qetësi”, - ka thënë ish-trajneri Henke në momentin e deklarimit të dorëheqjes së tij. Por, një gjë e tillë nuk është kaluar lehtë nga tifozeria e skuadrës vendase, e cila ka dalë me pankarta “Të ikë Jaggi nga Kaiserslauterni”, duke kontestuar kështu presidentin e klubit, të cilin e konsiderojnë si fajtorin kryesor për këtë gjendje të vështirë që po kalon skuadra e tyre e zemrës. Dhe menjëherë pas kësaj, vjen edhe tërheqja e presidentit Rene C. Jaggi. “Unë nuk jam në gjendje, që në këtë situatë të gjej një trajner. Gjëja e vetme që duhet bërë tani ka të bëjë me kalimin e të gjitha kompetencave në dorën e Bordit drejtues të klubit K”, do të thoshte Jaggi. Largimi i trajnerit Michael Henke dhe tërheqja e presidentit Jaggi e kanë çuar Kaiserslauternin drejt kaosit më të madh në historinë 105-vjeçare të këtij klubi. Aktuliash skuadra renditet në vendin e fundt në tabelën e klasifikimit me 9 pikë në 13 ndeshje.

Brigeli kandidat i mundshëm

Edhe pse në kaos drejtuesit e mbetur në klub kanë filluar të mendojnë në minimizimin e pasojave të kësaj situate të vështirë. Dhe emergjente është gjetja e trajnerit të ri, i cili do të duhet të drejtojë Kaiserlauternin në këtë pjesë të mbetur të sezonit. Në qarkullim kanë dalë dhe emrat e parë, mes të cilëve qëndron edhe ai i trajnerit të kombëtares sonë Hans Peter Brigel. Tekniku i Shqipërisë, së bashku me Klaus Toppmëller, Volfgang Volfdhe Verner Lorant janë kandidatët më favoritë të momentit. Të gjithë këto kanë një të kaluar të lidhur me këtë skuadër. "Volf, Toppmëller apo Briegel, njëri nga të tre mund të jetë trajneri i ardhshëm",- kanë pohuar dje drejtuesit e Kaiserlauternit. Të tre janë emra që kanë bërë historinë e kësaj skuadre”. Mundësi që trajneri gjermani i Shqipërisë të mërrë postin e trajnerit të Kaiserlauternit është e madhe. Në këtë zgjedhje të Brigëlit mund të ndikojë nostaligjisë së këtij të fundit për ish-skuadrën, që e bëri të njohur si lojtar, por edhe si trajner. Po ashtu për të një gjë e tillë do të thoshte një rikthim në shtëpi, ku tifozët e konisderojnë idhull. Por, për momentin pengesë për të mund të jetë kontrata që ka me FSHF-së, e cila skadon në 30 qershor 2006. Gjithsesi më shumërreth kësaj çështjeje do të pritet të mësohet në ditët e ardhshme

Edhe pse ndodhet në Shqipërië që prej të premtes, zëri i trajnerit gjerman Hans Peter Brigel dëgjohet në Gjermani, pasi nuk flitet për një skuadër dosido, por pikërisht për skuadrën e tij të zemrës, Kaiserslauternin, që aktualisht po kalon situatën më kaotike në gjithë historinë e saj. Pas dorëheqjes së trajnerit Henke dhe tërheqjes së presidentit Jaggi, tekniku gjerman ka komentuar situatën, duke fajësuar tërësisht ish-presidentin Jaggi dhe dhënë mendimin e tij për zgjidhjen e saj. “Jaggi nuk e ka dëgjuar kurrë këshillin drejtues, madje ka ndërtuar një bord, i cili vetëm ka shkatërruar klubin, - ka nënvizuar dje për “Die Welt” Brigeli, i cili ka qenë dhe kundërshtari kryesori i Jaggit gjatë kohës kur mbante postin e drejtorit teknik të Kaiserslauternit. – Disa anëtarë të bordit drejtues duhët të ikin, pasi me ta nuk mund të ndërtohet asnjë fillim i ri. Kjo pasi Jaggi për të ardhur deri në degradimin e klubit, ka bashkëpunuar me disa prej tyre”. Ndërkohë që Brigeli në prononcimint e tij për gazetën gjerman, nuk ka prekur fare problemin e trajnerit të ri, ku mes kandidatëve të mundshëm qarkullon edhe emri i tij. A. Manallari

SKEDA

HANS-PETER BRIEGEL

Datëlindja: 11.10.1955

Gjatesia: 187 cm

Pesha: 82 kg

Pozicioni: Mbrojtës

KARRIERA SI LOJTAR

Klubet me të cilat ka luajtur: TV Rödenbach (1965-1973), SV Rödenbach (1973-1975), FC Kaiserslautern (1975-1984), Verona, Itali (1984-1986) Sampdoria, Itali (1986-1988), FC Glarus, Zvicër (1988)

Bundesliga: 240 ndeshje e 47 gola te Kaiserlauterni

Serie A: 106 ndeshje e 21gola te Verona e Sampdoria

Me kombëtaren e Gjermanisë: 72 ndeshje e 4 gola

KARRIERA SI TRAJNER

Klubet që ka drejtuar: SG Wattenschied 09 (1994-1995), Beshiktash, Turqi (1999-2000), Trabzonspor, Turqi (2001-2002)

Trajner kombëtareje: i Shqipërisë (2003, 2004 e 2005)

Kontrata: skadon më 30 qershor 2006

Suksese si lojtar:

Kampionati Botëror: 2 herë nënkampion bote me Gjermaninë (1982 e 1986)

Kampionati Europian: 1 herë kampion europe me Gjermaninë (1980)

Kupa të Gjermanisë: 2 herë në finale me FC Kaiseslauternin (1976 e 1981)

Bundesliga: 1 herë në vendin e tretë më Kaiserlauternin (1979), 3 herë në vendin e katërt (1980, 1981 e 1982)

Seria A:1 herë kampion i Italisë me Veronën (1985)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I think that he'll get there ! It's an amazing chance for him to coaching in Bundesliga and Kaiserslautren is also he's prefered team ! That's not bad for us because I think we need a better coach than Brigel ! The German showed some terrible lacks during his period with us ...

Hope that FSHF will engage as soon as possible a decent new coach !

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
He is good enough to manage a bundesliga team but he is not good enough to manage the Albanian NT, when the hell did we become such a big team to afford a better manager.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I hope Briegel stays...I really like his style.

Rudi Vata isnt gonna get the job..so Briegel might as well stay.

I wouldnt mind seeing Kola there however...

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
he will not join K'slautern because they have already choose a coach i think the ex Nunberg coach

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Hans Peter Briegel - Albania is moving toward the right direction

Posted: 2005 Nov 23 - 00:05
• The head coach of the Albanian national team gives a rare and exclusive interview to albaniasoccer.com.

He talks candidly about his 3 year experience with the red and black team and what’s to become of his future in Albania that has yet to be determined until February 2006.

Q. Mr. Briegel, You have accomplished some impressive achievements with the Albanian National Team: 13 points total and a placement in the fifth vase in the “Euro 2008” drawing. What does this mean to you particularly being a foreign coach?

A. These are very important accomplishments. After some pleasing scores during the qualifiers of “Euro 2004”, we created a strong group of players for the World Cup qualifiers and had some serious success against some tough teams. Unfortunately, we were also presented with circumstantial obstacles, like injuries or suspensions, so I have had to compromise player’s positions for the sake of the game: i.e. a midfielder has had to play in defense, etc.

Q. As two remarkable scores we would single out the win against Greece- reigning European champions, and the draw with Ukraine-the first European team to qualify for the World Cup.

A. You are correct. They are big successes; they even got the attention of the international soccer press. The win against Greece was huge, because not only was it the very first time the Albanian time had defeated a European champion, but that champion just happened to be the next door neighbor. And the draw with Ukraine came at a key moment in Ukrainian soccer: it was their last game, even though whatever the score would play very little affect to their outcome.

Q. You are an internationally known footballer: key player at Kaiseslautern, twice World Cup runner up (1982 & 1986); once European Champion(1980), as well as Italian Champions with Verona(1985). How does Briegel – the coach see Briegel – the player?

A. There is a big difference between being a player (at a young age) and being a coach. Personally, I feel that a good player has every opportunity to become a good coach. Being a coach was hard for me in the beginning, until I accumulated the necessary experience. I can certainly tell now some of the mistakes I made as a player when I watch some of my games. The point of view of a coach is very different from that of a player, and never mind a hot bloodied one like me.

Q. It was the first time that the fate of three teams for the World Cup finals (Turkey, Denmark and Greece) rested with Albania. It must have been a lot of pressure for you also. How did you feel about it and how important to you was the game against Turkey (0-1)?

A. It was one of the toughest games for us, no doubt. I had to remind myself of the loss in Istanbul (0-2), and at the same time try to focus on the very different situation we had in Albania. Denmark’s fate depended on Albania and Greece was pretty much out. We played a decent and fare game against Turkey and did the best we could, especially in the first half, while during the second half, we grew tired physically due to the game with Ukraine shortly ago. I do however believe that the team did everything they could and they gave it their all in all the games abroad from Denmark to Greece, regardless of the score.

Q. You voted for Oleg Blloh as the best coach in the world for 2005.What are some of his qualities in your opinion, for him to deserve to be the coach of the Albanian team?

A. I remember him as a great player and a great coach. He managed to create a very strong team and accomplish great success against opponents in a very strong group, ultimately placing first in the group. I was obviously proven wrong not to think of Ukraine as one of the strongest opponent in the group, tougher than Denmark and Greece. I always saw Ukraine placing third or fourth, but never first in our group.

Q. Mr. Briegel, You have participated as a player in the two most important soccer activities: World Cup and Euro Cup. How would you like to participate as a coach?

A. Anyone would love that!As you know, there are over 50 European teams fighting for 14 spots in the World Cup and for 16 spots in the Euro Cup. Being the coach of the Albanian team, I am well aware of the desire for the team to be represented in either of events. This must become the objective for FSHF. It must do everything in its power to ensure Albania’s participation in Euro2008 in Austria & Switzerland. It is absolutely critical that we get points abroad; we’re strong enough at home, but still weak away, and we need all the points we can get, in or out. I truly feel FSHF should work harder in this direction.

Q. Some of the players in the current team have been discovered by you, such as defenders Dallku and Osmani or the attacker Kapllani. Are you working on the next generation of the national team?

A. There are always new players coming into the national team, and I totally disagree with the media’s opinion that it is over for this national team. There are at least ten new players in the team now: Elvin Beqiri, Adrian Aliaj that plays in France, Lorik Canaj, Lika, Hidi and others that have joined the team since I started coaching it. In the past three years, we have created a solid base of young players, and I believe this will be a very different team within five years.

Q. The Albanian sports media has been quite skeptic of your coaching and at times even critically aggressive. Do you think you have won some of it back with your “so- far” record?

A. To be honest with you, the press is always prone to criticize the coach right after a game. It’s natural in Germany and the same goes for the press here too.

The difference with the Albanian team though, is that progress has come a little slower and in much smaller steps. One can not fix everything in 24 hours, or start from 0 and turning it around 100% like that. Even though in small steps, I do believe we’ve made progress and Albania is moving toward the right direction. Everyone dreams of being a world or European champion, but it’s not that simple and we must be realistic. When it comes to the press, not all journalists have been realistic in acknowledging Albania’s capabilities or lack thereof; and as for the skeptics- well, they would be like that even if it were one of their relatives doing the coaching.

Q. Everyone involved in Albanian soccer form pros to fans, is hoping for our team to play against Germany in Euro2008. How hard would that be for you, given how it might specifically play out in the German press if we were to win a game against Germany?

A. It would no doubt be interesting! However it’s the draft that will determine the strong teams Albania might play against such as Italy, Germany or Holland.

Albania has always played great against big names like that though!

Q. There are quite a few Germans coaching national teams outside Germany (i.e.Oto Rehegali in Greece or Lotar Mateus in Hungary). Do you keep in touch with them?

A. Yes. I saw them most recently during the game of Bajern/ Munic against Juventus/Torino for the Champions Cup. We congratulated one another on the results of the qualifiers. We also talked about friendly games between the national teams we respectively coach, but I’m not sure if that will work.

Q. Oto Rahagel just renewed his contract with the Greek Soccer Federation, for 2 more years?

A. Martin Olsen of Denmark also renewed his…

Q. Have you thought about renewing yours for two more years, with FSHF?

A. Yes, I’ve thought about it and have had some preliminary talks with the president. We decided to wait until the January 2006 drawing for Euro2008, and talk contract come February 06. Besides, my contract does not expire until May 06, and until then, there is plenty of time for Albania to play some friendly matches with some European team preparing for World Cup finals.

Q. Mr. Briegel, did you ever think that you would be the coach with the most records (7 in total) of all times for the Albanian National Team? (Number of games played; number of wins; number of points accumulated, etc.)

A. Ah, I wasn’t aware of all that! All that is irrelevant though. What’s important is that we create a solid base of the team for the games to come, that we try to succeed in our efforts to reach higher.

Q. You have been in contact with Albanian soccer and its level in the Superior League. Do you see any changes from when you first got here?

A. When I signed up to coach the Albanian national team, the timing wasn’t the greatest; I had to replace another foreign coach and face Russia in the very next game. It was tough for me, but I had faith in the players and some of them played in Germany. We did have some understandable difficulties the first year, but there is a big difference to now days, three years later, since we have established the core of the team.

Q. We understand that amongst following the German Bundesliga or other European leagues, where Albanian players play; you also find time to check the Albanian Superior League (Besa vs. Tirana & Teuta vs. Lushnja).What is your opinion on the Albanian Championship?

A. Even though it is not considered one of the strongest leagues in Europe, I think that Albanian soccer has advanced a lot. It is still sometimes very physical, but yet enjoyable (for example, Tirana-Besa, wasn’t the best game, but a lot of fanes came to see it)

There are a lot of foreign players here. In my opinion, if the foreign players are not better that the domestic ones, then there is no need for them to even be here. It makes sense to encourage and support domestic players; after all it will be their responsibility to ensure the ongoing success of the National Team, as it is my duty to stress just this.

Q. Any thoughts on the fact that some Albanian players are doing excellent in foreign leagues?

A. Kapllani has been playing great this season. He scored a super goal in his last game, and if he continues to keep this up, we will soon see him in Bundesliga 1. The same goes for Cana of OM. And let me not forget Bogdani of Siena. It is important for these players the opportunity of friendly matches with the national team, so they can get accustomed to playing together. Equally important is bringing in new talent, and FSHF is doing a good job here through offices throughout Europe to discover the Albanian talent abroad.

Q. Thank you for your time and good luck!

A. Thank you, as well!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts