Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CNN WEbbie:

Hands off! English clubs fend off transfer bids from Spanish powers Click here for more on this story
Michael Owen's youth is one of the main attractions for Real Madrid. Ross Kinnard/Allsport
LIVERPOOL, England (AP) -- Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier on Saturday told Real Madrid they have "no chance" of signing Michael Owen. Owen was at the center of transfer speculation with the Champions League holders claiming they wanted the England striker for 25 million pounds (US$37.5 million), following Nicolas Anelka's departure for Paris St. Germain in a 22 million pound (US$33 million) deal. "Owen is the player I am interested in. I would love to have him at Real Madrid," said Real president Florentino Perez. "I like the fact that he is still very young and he could play for me for many years. "I need to offload some players in order to raise some money, but Owen is the player that I am after." But, after watching his shadow side lose their opening friendly 1-0 at Stoke City, Houllier brushed aside Madrid's interest. "I heard a rumor last night that Real Madrid were supposed to be in Liverpool. I can understand that' it's a nice city for tourists," joked Houllier. "But as far as coming to visit our club, that's not happened." "We have struggled to get Michael fit and back to what he used to be, and he is looking very close to it," he added. "Any transfer? No chance." Owen will join the rest of Liverpool's squad when they leave Sunday for a weeklong training camp in Switzerland, where they will play one match next weekend before returning to Britain to play in the Belfast tournament in early August.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I'll only *phew* when Perez got Owen off his MIND!!

A

·
0 Posts
its all over
i guess so.
i dont think liverpool will sell him
they have got a dream attack(according to liverpool) in
fowler-heskey-owen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts