Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard Halil Altintop from Kaiserlautern is part of their recent good form. Although he isnt scoring goals he is a player who starts every game and i read he also makes a lot of assists lately. Can someone who follows he Bundesliga more closely tell something about Halil Altintops recent performances. Is he ready to start in the Turkish national team ? What are his strengths and weaknesses...

thanx

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
He is indeed a talented player, fast and skilled, good ball control. He is mostly played as a support striker in Kaiserslautern, can also play as attacking right winger. But his main problem is scoring, seemingly he doesn't have the nerves to stay cool in front of the net. He has only scored 1 goal from 17 matches so far this season.

I don't know what kind of players your NT needs for the attack at the moment, but guys like Nihat or Tuncay are way better than Altintop.
If you need a fast support striker, your coach should try Altintop, but don't expect him to do miracles and to score. Maybe he's the ideal player to throw onto the pitch if your team is already leading and then wants to use counter attacks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes indeed i dont expect him to score a lot of goals. But he seems a strong player and with players like Tuncay, Nihat or Necati around Halil Altintop, i dont think we'll have trouble scoring. I wonder if he can fill in the position of Hakan Sukur. Ok Hakan scores a lot, but his presence allows other players to score too. The one who now plays in this position: Fatih Tekke...he doesnt impress me. I personaly think we should give Halil a chance, because our stupid coach keeps ignoring Hakan Sukur.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
that's IF our moronic coach Ersun Yanal ever decides to use Hamit :rolleyes:

·
Banned
12 Posts
Manny said:
The thing is that Hamit is a right back in Schalke 04 these days.
WHAT??

He has one of the best shots in the Bundesliga. I thought he always played right winger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts