Xtratime Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hakan Sukur complained to reporters that he's not getting any passes from midfield, and midfielders playing to theirselves. He also said that "I will play in elimination games but not in the finals, not anymore"

I have to say I agree with Hakan Sukur. The guys is not supposed to come to defensive box to get a ball. If you don't pass what do you expect. When I say "pass" I don't mean to kick the ball from 50 meters away and expect him to create a goal.

This is WC finals nobody would let a player do that:rolleyes:

Besides, he also right that our players trying to market themselves. I wouldn't mind any player running and trying to make a difference like Emre did in the last game, but when their game harm the team, that's gotta stop:eek:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
As a single forward and a player with a big reputation, he will be marked through out the game. This may be the reason (I'm guessing) he doesn't receive the service he desires. Solution? Play 2 up front?

I hope something is done soon. I do like Hakan and would wish he'd return to his old form. He needs more confidence, and I doubt he'll get it continuing playing in Serie A.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Only Fatih Terim can make Hakan Sukur a good player. Ever since he separated from Terim Hakan has gone down hill. I have a love-hate relationship towards Hakan, but I want him to be successfull. When is this idiot Senol Gunes realize that he has to play Hakan and Ilhan together. That is why Hakan can't perform. He has like 3 defenders around him, he is all alone. Against Chile he played with Ilhan and they were looking good. But regardless Gunes has to go. The world cup is probably for us only because of one man and that is senol Gunes. You can't blame the players, because it is Senol Gunes is job to fix their errors. But this idiot probably can't even spell his own name.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I agree that many players are trying to show themselves off, thus harming the team nd him may not be getting the passes, but I think this was a terroible complaint on his behalf, being our probably greatest player of all time.

He didnt need to do this, at least until the wc was over. He could talk about it inside the team but not outside to the whole world, a player of his level should know that, he is 32.

I dont trust any of the,. Thye just cant play team football. What I have seen in the last 2 games really disappointed me, i thought i was going to see a lot of attacking football and good quality play but this is just shameful.

I dont know who to blame...but I think the biggest problem is federations, handing the team over to a coach who has had no succes in his career in Turkey, let alone europe or the world. He coached Antalya 2 years ago:rolleyes:

How is it possible that you hand the team over to somone who does not have such ambitions?

Like he sai in the press conerence "this is our fist wc in 48 years, thats already a big sucess, we scored our first goal last game and our first point today...but noone talks about this.."

how ridicilous?

if you couldnt qualify to the word cup from that group, you could as well go commit suicide! what a group that was! the easiest group of all the aulkifications...

and now the easiest ever group in world cup history probably..talk about our first point...against who??

COSTA RICA!

the lowest ranked team in the wc after china!!

i really dont even care of we pass now because the football they play has just ashamed me...we were outplayed and humiliated....

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like he said in the press conference "this is our first wc in 48 years, thats already a big sucess, we scored our first goal last game and our first point today...but noone talks about this.."
What do you mean?

These are the words coming from a man full of ambition, he's thirsty for success:tongue: :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Sukur hits back in Turkey quit row

Tuesday 11th June 2002

Turkey striker Hakan Sukur has rubbished reports claiming he has vowed to quit the national team after the World Cup because his team-mates are too selfish.

Turkish daily Hurriyet published quotes from Sukur on Tuesday stating that he was furious with the lack of service he had received during Turkey's opening two matches.

But the Parma forward insisted: "This is complete nonsense. What that newspaper has printed is crap. I haven't said anything like that.

"They are claiming that I have said I am fed up with being criticised by the media all the time. What rubbish. I have lived with the criticism for almost 15 years and I can handle it now.

"I am Turkey's highest profile player, so when the country does not do well it is only natural that I get blamed. But when a paper actually quotes you as saying stuff like this it is really hard to accept.

Sukur added: "As long as I can walk I will play football and I will make myself available for selection for my country. By the same token, as long as we still have a chance of qualifying for the second round, I will do my very best for Turkey."

Sukur has been a major disappointment in Turkey's opening games against Brazil and Costa Rica, and Hurriyet quoted the under-fire striker as saying: "I am mercilessly criticised... I cannot stand it anymore.

"I am fed up. It is true I was not able to create any goal opportunities. But look at that team. All players in the midfield think only about themselves.

"They play to show up and draw attention on themselves. How am I supposed to receive passes under such conditions?" Sukur allegedly asked.

Turkey can still progress to the second round if they beat China and Brazil beat Costa Rica on Thursday, and Internazionale midfielder Emre Belozoglu explained on Tuesday that the whole camp was trying to stay positive.

"First of all, it should be said that we are confident that Brazil will beat Cost Rica," said Emre, who was on target against Costa Rica.

"People are all saying that Brazil will not try and they will field a weak team, but we have to believe that whatever side Brazil put out they will win. But we also have to make sure we beat China."

onefootball

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ilhan is on the bench and Hakan is in the starting line up in every game. Time is up for Hakan . Wake up and smell the coffee you idiot Senol. I feel bad for him, he is like a puppet... Somebody is pulling his strings very hard. :fero:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I don't know what is more ridiculous: the fact that Hakan will be given the opportunity to go 0 for 5 in the World Cup, or the fact that we have two forwards on the entire roster:rolleyes: .

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the fact that we have two forwards on the entire roster
I think that's the problem. :rolleyes:

Gunes made two big mistakes when he was selecting players.

First mistake is to pick Okan and Mustafa Izzet. I heard that Okan was injured he knew that and he still took him.

For Mustafa with so much talent in midfield I wouldn't risk the team by trying him here in WC.

Who could have come instead?
I would go for Serhat and of course Tayfun, however I don't think any of those players would change the fact that Hakan Sukur doesn't have any alternative:eek:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
We should have tried alternatives in the friendlies. Hakan's too secure in his role and needs some serious competition. And like I mentioned in another thread, it just seems typical that he'll score some crucial goal (and everyone will love him, blah, blah, blah).

I would definately have chosen Serhat or Umit Karan (if he's not injured).

And Aragon???? New avatar, without permission????:howler: :howler: :D Nice.:)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And Aragon???? New avatar, without permission???? Nice.
I still think your avatar is better. In fact, I am gonna use one of your fan pictures very soon;) :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts