Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
21,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a fan of his, nor am I a fan of signing players from Milan.

But given the financial circumstances at the club, and the fact that Eriksen is unlikely to play for us again, he is about as good as we could hope for.

Medical is tomorrow.

He's on 5m a year BTW.

·
Registered
71,396 Posts
Yeah this clearly means Eriksen isn't playing football again unfortunately, so the club moved on that basis. A free agent who knows not only the league but the city, that's pretty decent tbh. And he would give us goal threat from shots and set pieces.

Trying to remember the last player we signed from Milan directly. Cassano I think it was in 2012, swap with Pazzini.

·
Registered
71,396 Posts
I am seeing some heavy photoshopping on Facebook

Our last Turkish player was Caner Erkin in 2016 but he never actually played.

·
Registered
24,744 Posts
I guess he is going to be your "Luiz Alberto" for Simone Inzaghi. IMO he only worked out well when he fit well into the team. I can see this going anyway for you. But leaving for you with this small margin in higher wage is more than a little scummish.

·
Registered
21,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's a good player, no doubt. I never bought the hype around him (at all) but he is technically good and has vision. He played an exceptional first half against us in the first Derby last season.

I would take Eriksen over him every day of the week and twice on Sundays. God only knows how good Eriksen might have been in the 'Luis Alberto' role but he will clearly never play for Inter again.

I hope he can continue his career - if it's safe and that's what he wants- but it clearly won't be in Serie A.

·
Registered
19,133 Posts
I guess he is going to be your "Luiz Alberto" for Simone Inzaghi. IMO he only worked out well when he fit well into the team. I can see this going anyway for you. But leaving for you with this small margin in higher wage is more than a little scummish.
Agree with all of this, both about filling well as the Luiz Alberto and about this being scummish. I'm kind of disappointed that Inter gets this little stain on its team but I'm sure people will adjust quickly enough. It's a business in the end...

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath on the set pieces, but he's a decent AMC, and when he is in form he can be pretty devastating -- he played some incredible games for us. He's pretty poor in most other roles, though, and generally can't really keep the strong form for more than ten games or so.

·
Administrator
53,802 Posts
He is nothing special. Above average player with decent creativity, good set pieces (more creating then scoring these days), is versatile enough to be used in multiple ways in midifeld (an AM that can defend). But dont expect much individual impact or x factor ability from him. More of a functioning cog then a main piece in team.

With little to no transfer budget this summer, its smart signing tho. But you will get what you will pay for so dont expect too much (and he leaves for 5m a season, thought Milan was offering that haha). Will very be consistently decent, but rarely a difference maker.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
He is nothing special. Above average player with decent creativity, good set pieces (more creating then scoring these days), is versatile enough to be used in multiple ways in midifeld (an AM that can defend). But dont expect much individual impact or x factor ability from him. More of a functioning cog then a main piece in team.

With little to no transfer budget this summer, its smart signing tho. But you will get what you will pay for so dont expect too much (and he leaves for 5m a season, thought Milan was offering that haha). Will very be consistently decent, but rarely a difference maker.
I think it's the opposite. He is extremely inconsistent, but can be the difference maker.

He does work hard though, but he's just not very good in the AML or CM roles, so the work rate is a bit less useful.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Given the circumstances( no idea if eriksen will play again and not being able to rely on sensi playing 5 games never mind a season) this was a sensible move.
He will basically take naingolan's spot on the wage bill, so there isn't much risk. Not like he could contribute less to inter then naingolan does...

·
Registered
48,795 Posts
Good point @stefan9 re: 9golan.

I'm still puzzled about the circumstances of this transfer but, given what happened to Eriksen and given our financial situation, this looks like a good move for us.

·
Registered
71,396 Posts
He has had 18 assists in the last 2 seasons in Serie A. If he gets 9 with us in 21-22 it would be very good.

·
Registered
71,396 Posts
I don't remember many if any Eriksen assists last season though he did play deep in second half of the season

·
Registered
21,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
21,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Given the circumstances( no idea if eriksen will play again and not being able to rely on sensi playing 5 games never mind a season) this was a sensible move.
He will basically take naingolan's spot on the wage bill, so there isn't much risk. Not like he could contribute less to inter then naingolan does...
Eriksen won't play in Italy again

Hakan will presumably take a spot in the first 11 unless Sensi can prove his fitness, which he most likely won't do.

Priority now should be a left back and getting Vidal off the wage bill.

Nandez would be nice as RWB/DM cover but I doubt the cash is there to fund that

And we are crying out for a back-up striker. There are central defenders out there that have scored far more career goals than Salcedo and Pinamonti combined,

·
Registered
71,396 Posts
VIDEO: CALHANOGLU BEGINS INTER MEDICAL

Hakan Calhanoglu arrived at Milan’s Humanitas clinic on Tuesday morning to undergo his medical examinations with Inter.

The 27-year-old is set to join the Nerazzurri as a free agent from Milan.
He spent four seasons with the Rossoneri and will join Inter on a three-year deal.

Calhanoglu will sign a contract worth €5m-a-year plus €1m add-ons.

Milan had offered him a €4m-a-year contract and his agreement with the Rossoneri expires at the end of the month.

Calhanoglu had joined the Rossoneri from Bayer Leverkusen for €23m in 2017.

Might order Shawerma today to commemorate the occasion :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts