Xtratime Community banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Watching benfica play atm, and there is a tribute banner to HS's "ultras" for their 50th anniversary....once in a while they mention the friendship between both clubs "ultras", which i think dates back to the 90s when both teams met
Yes from 1994 when they met in the Champions League. Long story short Benfica fans showed support for Croatia during the war and apparently Benfica fans were one of the few to come to Croatia at the time. When returning home from the game, three Benfica fans were killed in a car accident and Torcida offered memorials

I know my cousin who is “part” of Torcida somehow went to the EL final some years back in Turin and watched the game with NNB

·
Administrator
25,334 Posts
So their name really is Torcida, interesting, because i heard the journalist use the word Torcida but wasnt sure if it was a translation, i assumed they had a croatian name

oh so cool your cousin did that, yes they mention that friendship here once in a while, but i wasnt sure where it came from, thanks HS.

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It appears Buric will be sacked at the winter break and the new sporting director will be Mario Stanic

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
What’s Stanić tie to Hajduk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Not much really but apparently Hajduk have been wanting to bring him in since the Males days

Anyway he is not the sporting director rather he is just an advisor to the president. The new sporting director is Ivan Kepcija, born in Pula, went to college in Zagreb and St. Mary's (California) and first worked in the United States running a youth soccer club in California. When he returned to Croatia he worked in the Dinamo youth academy and the Croatia U19s and he followed Jozak to Legia Warsaw where he most recently worked as a sporting director. Another guy with Dinamo ties means he won't be popular with Torcida right away such as the likes of Orescanin :D

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Bring a Istrijan onboard to right the ship. Makes sense.

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Tudor remains favorite to take over Hajduk but Matjaz Kek has been contacted but he doesn't seem interested and wants to stay with Slovenia. Other candidates mentioned are Ante Covic (recently fired at Hertha), Prelec (Istra), Klafuric (worked with Jozak at Dinamo and Legia Warsaw)

·
Registered
4 Posts
It looks like Tudor will be announced tomorrow at a press conference as Hajduk's new coach. I really don't understand this logic at all, the new director of football Ivan Kepčija and Mario Stanic who were recently hired are doing literally the EXACT same thing the previous administration did by hiring a coach (Buric) who was previously there years earlier did nothing and somehow this time around they will manage different results with Tudor? This makes no sense to me why not hire someone like Kek or Ivan Leko for example - hes born in Split has proven coaching track record with winning the league and Supercup in Belgium. Stanic/Kepcija should be creative bring something new to the table instead they get Tudor who even the fans dont really want to come back. Again they're just repeating the same process as before and somehow expecting different results.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Split’s greatest son is back to guide Hajduk to another 3rd place finish :yess:

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
I wonder if poor Mario will be on the chopping block if Hajduk fail again and Tudor gets the sack again like a near sighted Rabbi. I can see it now, bosanci have overtaken our club! :LOL:

ps. I actually do wish Hajduk well and for them return to contending with Dinamo down the line. ?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I wonder if poor Mario will be on the chopping block if Hajduk fail again and Tudor gets the sack again like a near sighted Rabbi. I can see it now, bosanci have overtaken our club! :LOL:

ps. I actually do wish Hajduk well and for them return to contending with Dinamo down the line. ?
Stanic comes from a multicultural city and has been a resident of Split for decades. It's the thieves and patriots from Citluk and the surrounding area that I'm more worried about. You will never hear Stanic yelling ZDS like moron Joe for example.

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
Dey tuk err club! :ROFLMAO:

41 - 56 of 56 Posts