Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions please, particularly from the Hajduk nutters.

Croatian giants Split as Vulic is appointed coach
ZAGREB, May 3 (AFP)
Croat football powerhouses Hajduk Split faced a financial headache Friday after it was reported four former or current internationals had resigned from its board and were demanding their investment of 1.5 million euros (1.3 million dollars) back.
The demands by the quartet, Alijosa Asanovic, Igor Stimac, Slaven Bilic and Alen Boksic, came the same day that Hajduk announced Zoran Vulic was to replace Bilic as manager the Sportske Novosti daily reported.
Asanovic, who like Stimac and Bilic were part of the Croatian team that reached the 1998 World Cup final semi-finals, claimed that all four - all former Hajduk players - of them had been taken for a ride.
"We entered the club for no other reason but out of love and with only one wish - to make Hajduk a European power," Asanovic told the newspaper.
"But, evidently others look upon us as a bank which is constantly giving money ... I am sorry, we have started several projects and now everything has collapsed," he added.
Vulic, 41 and who is expected to sign a contract next week, agreed to take the job after Bilic announced in April he would quit his job as coach at the end of the season.

Locke would be proud.

www.dailysoccer.com

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
dang, bad news for the Splicani

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: ha, I fixed this too !!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I believe issue was how board voted for the coach (and notice them selecting coach before season is done, they didnt have to do that, it doesnt make sense) and the fact that vatreni wanted to bring Ciro in, while board didnt want that - hence board voting for the coach so soon...

however, they are dalmatians - hot tempered, I am sure when Stimac comes back, everything will be talked over... board needs vatreni since thats only way for them to have money... and look what vatreni did - they managed to sign "long term" contracts with young players, something that board wasnt able to do in past... and pay the players their wages as well.

I like Vulic.. and I like what Stimac and Co, are doing in Hajduk as well, so I hope they will talk it over and shake hands... we will see next week when Stimac comes back...

see the story in Slobodna Dalmacija:
http://www.slobodnadalmacija.com/20020504/sport01.asp

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm,

Where the hell is Spit ?:D :) ;)

Sorry mate.

·
©
7,230 Posts
hhmm....since when is Stimac the voice of reason??:tongue:

I bet they won't leave. I think that they are not saying anything to the media for 4-5 days and then after that they will cool down and stay. I heard a rumour a while ago that Boksic was going to pull out anyway after the season. Don't know if it is true.

Didn't Hajduk just lose their major sponsor aswell, Privredna Banka.

·
©
7,230 Posts
ma, I knew this would happen. In a few months they will walk out again over something i tako dalje.

That is the way Croatians are.:D

Seriously, I am happy that they stayed because it is good for Hajduk and Cro football that these former legends (excluding Stimac:tongue: ) get involved in our clubs. Unlike Dinamo where all the former players are suing the club.:rolleyes: :D

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good point.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I would think that Stimac actually has the best chance of making something out of Hajduk, he is a good business man when it comes to that

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL:howler: :howler:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I hope Hajduk comes back to their former glory in the HNL.

Oni mi nesto simpaticni, jebli maaajku...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts