Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hagi thanked PAO President and one of the owners(with his brothers) Giorgos vardinoyiannis for trying soo hard to sign him when he was still playing in romania.He said that nobody has ever stood by him soo much in his whole career.Hagi actually signed a contract with Vardonoyiannis and was ready to play for PAO when the move was cancelled (illegally) by the Sports minister of Romania at the time.Vardonoyiannis tried for 2 years to get him to finally come but nothing was possible (unless barca want you then even a sports minister cant say no :rolleyes: )

Later on the interview he says he would like to manage in Greece one day and then goes on to talk about PAO's romanian international.Lucian Sanmartean who he compares to Platini!

Hagis family was actually born in Salonika but later moved to romania.

Hagi seems like a great guy,your lucky to have had him as a player and now as a Manager :)

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He still your girl or somethin?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'd probably have to agree with Amoroso there.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just given the amount of conflicts he's gotten into over the years with other people off the pitch and the attitude he showed on the pitch at times towards the opposition and the refs. I remember when he got banned about three years ago for spitting at and trying to attack a ref in a Turkish league match. It was a disgusting display of behavior and he showed no remorse for it afterwards which made it worse. I think he's maybe a calmer dude now, but I wouldn't call him a great guy.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Who remembers his goal against Canakelespor? :lala:

·
*the drum drum*
42,891 Posts
GICA, you're the one who's making me laugh..

Have you even seen half of the things Hagi done on the field for GS? If he wasn't the dirtiest player I've ever seen in the Turkish league, then he's a close second..

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree that he did some stupid stuff on the field.But there are so much players that from the moment they enter the pitch they arent the person they used to be,and Hagi was like that.A great player and a Great guy,
But the last not on the pitch ;) that is my view on him.

·
Registered
69,972 Posts
Tolga said:
Have you even seen half of the things Hagi done on the field for GS? If he wasn't the dirtiest player I've ever seen in the Turkish league, then he's a close second..
He did a mistake. That ref affaire. I agree with that. BUT...

How can you say that he was a dirty player? I´ve seen a lot of players dirtier (?) than him. That red card in the UEFA Cup Final? It was a mistake as well but Adams did his job very well don´t you think? AND...

you can be a dirty player on the field (this is not the case on my view) and you can be a very nice guy out. Hagi is a great person, intelligent, sane, profesional, generous, he supports several orphanages, he adores his family...man I don´t think he´s such a bad guy as you say.

But you can continue laughing and thinking that he´s a bastard if that makes you happy. It´s up to you.

·
Registered
69,972 Posts
Was it Hagi´s influence? Blame him for the bad behaviour of Hasan Sas, for example, it´s unfair.
Always complaining, yes he complained and? The 90% of Turkish, Romanian and Spanish players complain...You can say that Van Nistelrooy is a dirty player because of that action with A.Cole, but nobody says it. Why is Hagi if he hasn´t done something similar?

But as I said before, you can be dirty on the field and be nice out. Some of you say that he´s a bad guy and I don´t understand why.

·
*the drum drum*
42,891 Posts
I never said he wasn't a bad guy, I just found it hilarious that you would deny everything yari-Turk said about him..

I've seen interviews of Hagi where he speaks about various things, from his family to his philosophies on life.. I get the feeling he's a very decent bloke too, but my point here was you denying the on field behaviour..

Honestly, he was a purely dirty bastard on the pitch. He'd even do a lot of the things he does on the pitch to fire up his teammates..
When things got hard for Galatasaray, you could always (and I mean always) rely on Hagi to get into a fight with an opposition player.. And my theory behind it is that he would do it to throw the opposition's concentration, because no player could get into so many confrontations without some other reason behind it!

·
Registered
69,972 Posts
Tolga said:
I never said he wasn't a bad guy, I just found it hilarious that you would deny everything yari-Turk said about him..

I've seen interviews of Hagi where he speaks about various things, from his family to his philosophies on life.. I get the feeling he's a very decent bloke too, but my point here was you denying the on field behaviour..

Honestly, he was a purely dirty bastard on the pitch. He'd even do a lot of the things he does on the pitch to fire up his teammates..
When things got hard for Galatasaray, you could always (and I mean always) rely on Hagi to get into a fight with an opposition player.. And my theory behind it is that he would do it to throw the opposition's concentration, because no player could get into so many confrontations without some other reason behind it!
Ok, you didn´t say he was a bad guy, but other fans here did.

About his behaviour on the field, I find funny that he can be called "dirty bastard player" just because of to try destabilize the rival´s concentration with little things. How many South-American, Latin or Balcanic players do that? Even I think a lot of Turkish players do the same, or are Hasan Sas and Bulent (for example) saints and Hagi a sinner?

Yes, I agree that Hagi was the leader of that team and he did mistakes which could be negatives for his team and his teammates, but I´m sure he always tried to help his team and to extract an advantage in those hard games for Galatasaray with those methods. But that´s very common nowadays, in Spain it´s called "the other football".

Where some of you see a "dirty player" or a "bad guy", I see a competitive player with experience (something which was very important for Galatasaray). I guess is just a question of opinions, and where I see "white" you see "black", so we won´t agree... :cap:
But be sure that Hagi hasn´t killed anybody to be treated as a bastard... ;)

·
Registered
667 Posts
GICA said:
Don´t make me laugh yary-Turk.

And end your signature...
Give me a break, GICA. It never fails that whenever something the slightest bit negative is said about a Romanian here, you get all hot and bothered and feel the need to lash out. It really is tiresome and a bit childish. I'm happy to see anyone posting in the GS forum, but I wish when you posted you would contribute something more positive here.

I have my perception of Hagi based on what I have seen and read about him on and off the pitch over the years. On the pitch he was often petulant, dirty, and at times downright disgraceful. But that's not even what bothered me most about him. What did bother me was the fact that he never seemed to show remorse for his actions when he stepped off the pitch.

And off the pitch, he had a lot of bad relationships with people, but that doesn't even necessarily make him a bad guy, just as the things you have mentioned about him (which I was aware of) don't necessarily make him a great guy.

The truth is that neither you or me know if the guy is great or not because we've never met him. I just have my perception of him, which I stand by.

And, for the record, I never said he was a bad guy. I said I don't believe he is a great guy, and there is a big difference there. For me, it takes something extra to be a "great" guy and I just don't see that in the way Hagi treated people and in the way he acted when things did not go his way.

And about my signature, I think I'll leave you in suspense :howler:...

·
Registered
69,972 Posts
Excuse-me if I offended you in something, but the fact that my opinion is different from yours doesn´t mean that I contribute something negative.

And about the childish you say, I don´t know why. I just defend what I think is fair. It doesn´t matter if it´s Romanian, Spanish or Chinese...But in this case I think that you would do the same if some of your favourite players is "attacked" in a way you think is unfair.

Anyways, as I said in the previous post, our view in this case is different and we have to live with that :D

BTW the game of your signature was one of the sweetest I´ve seen... :)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hagi belongs to this kind of players like Eric Cantona with a strong character. You like or you don't, it is your problem and such players don't care about what you think on them. But what is sure is that Hagi is a Legend in Football and I think that "the Maradona of the Carpathians" will stay in football memory.

http://www.webaslan.com/goller/van29040001.mpg
http://www.webaslan.com/goller/gen940050.mpg
http://www.webaslan.com/goller/dort2300uefa02.mpg
http://www.cimbombom.net/videos/hagibilbao.mpg
http://www.webaslan.com/goller/mke1320001.mpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts