Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hagi made an interview with the turkish paper "Hürriyet"

here are some of his views on some interesting issues:

DO YOU THINK TERIM`S LAST OPERATION WILL BE SUCCESSFULL?

noone can guarantee what will happen in the future in football. Football is always a risk. Noone can say "that`s correct, that`s wrong". But I believe that Galatasaray did a mistake with this operation. Players like Bülent, Arif, Hakan Ünsal cannot be kept away from the team. They are big history of Galatasaray. They were made for Galatasaray. I`m a foreigner, I`ve played 5 years and left. But those players were always at Galatasaray. They should have left whenever THEY wish to leave. Those players are very valuable. To let them out of the team was not a good decission. They could have used their experience.

WHAT HAPPENED AT BURSASPOR?

My mind is based on winning. But there their mind was based on losing. I`ve showed them ONE way. Either you come to my "victory-road" or I won`t come to your "road". I went to Bursa to build up something. They`ve made me big promisses but these were only words. I wanted performance but they didn`t want to go to a certain level. Bursa is a city which deserves a successfull team. The center of Bursa is awesome. But they have bad behaviour. We lost 0:4 and some managers were laughing in the changing-room. I was down. Bursaspor wasn`t used to train that much. Some players sabotaged me. Out of sudden they begun to play decent after I had left.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF TAMAS, PETRE and BRATU?

These are young and promissing players. And they have good persperctive, cause they are in the Romanian NT. Romanian players always have prooved themselves in Turkey. In the past me, Filipescu, Popescu and Ilie made good things at Galatasaray. We gave Galatasaray very much. The pressure is big at Galatasaray. They always have to win. Now everyone seem to be unhappy. They were used to the success. It depends on Tamas, Petre and Bratu if they will be successfull or not...

WHO WILL BE CHAMPION THIS YEAR?

I think it will be Besiktas. They believe in their team and win easily. Fenerbahçe could cause them some problems. Trabzon was doing good, if they only could have won their last 2 matches. Galatasaray has chances but very low. There is a gap of 14 points.

ARE YOU SAD THAT GALA DIDN`T MADE A JUBILEE MATCH FOR YOU?

First of all: Galatasaray didn´t need to make a jubilee-match for me. First they should make jubilee-matches for players who played there for 15 years. I`ve made my jubilee-match in Romania already. The only thing that disturbs me is that Galatasaray is 14 points away from BJK. Thera are no any other reasons to be sad...

MIRCEA LUCESCU OR FATIH TERIM?

Both are great coaches. They gave me a lot and I gave them much in return. I respect them a lot. You cannot deny their success. I cannot pick one of them now... I say "no comment".

this was only one part of the interview...the other part is more personal... sorry, but I might have made little mistakes in the translation! ;)

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
this guy! i love him but to keep the oldies? hell no, pleaz, gala is the club, they decides who stays and who doesnt!

lucescu or terim?
LUCESCU

the future of gala dependin solely on the three romanians is way off, the stars of the future for gala IMO will be aykut ercetin, suat usta, florin bratu, berkant goktan, necati ates, and sabri sarioglu...

sabotaged :D :D i can see that happening...

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
koreancrew said:
this guy! i love him but to keep the oldies? hell no, pleaz, gala is the club, they decides who stays and who doesnt!

lucescu or terim?
LUCESCU

the future of gala dependin solely on the three romanians is way off, the stars of the future for gala IMO will be aykut ercetin, suat usta, florin bratu, berkant goktan, necati ates, and sabri sarioglu...

sabotaged :D :D i can see that happening...
I don't see where he says that Gala's future depends on the 3 romanians ...

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Hagi`s interview

Tolga said:
Is it just me or is that funny?! :howler:

BTW, Lee... He means the success of the 3 players depends on themselves, not the success of Galatasaray ;)
yes, I`ve just noticed that my translation could lead to misunderstandings.. Tolga`s version is what I actually meant!
thanks ;)

The answer about his coaching-time at Bursa really surprised me!! I cannot understand why the Bursa-players and the management didn`t seem to like him... Was he to harsh with the players? why did they offer Hagi the job when they didn`t like him or didn`t really want him??

·
*the drum drum*
42,527 Posts
Not the translation, the comment :D

It shows that he wasn't on the same level with his players..

I can imagine he'd be a demanding manager (like most top players are when they go into management)..

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Re: Re: Hagi`s interview

Tolga said:
Is it just me or is that funny?! :howler:

BTW, Lee... He means the success of the 3 players depends on themselves, not the success of Galatasaray ;)
oh oh i see, then nevermind dudes...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts