Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hagi has told Romanian newspaper Evenimentul Zilei ( www.expres.ro/Welcome.html )
that he is at risk of missing the UEFA Cup Final against Arsenal. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I am a little mad. I have a muscle contraction in my right leg and I am a bit scared. My thoughts are mainly on the UEFA Cup Final. It is clear the injury has not come at the right time. It is affecting my morale. I am not even thinking of not playing in the final against Arsenal. It is for sure I will not be playing in our next game against Kocaelispor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hagi then hinted that he wants to return to Romanian football.

- In my opinion Hagi will be back to destroy Arsenal!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, don't underestimate the Turks, they have a very good team. The same thing was said when Gala played Milan, Dortmound and Mallorca... "Gala will lose." and the opposite happend!

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Gala-Chelsea 0-5!

After what happened against Leeds, I have no sympathy for Gala. I hope Arsenal can do the same as Chelsea.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They can't win them all.

Why would you feel hatred for the actual team, a lot of the poorer countries in the world have some stupid fans, however I agree the Gala fans that killed these people took it too far. But still no need to hate a team for it. Turkish fans have already been banned from Euro2000.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
If 'it' hadn't happened, I still would have picked Arsenal as my favourite. Against a German team, it would be the other direction.
I hate the Germans.

[This message has been edited by chivu (edited 05-05-2000).]

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Eclipse, what are you talking about???
nobody banned the turks from attending euro 2000!!!Who told you that??
Uefa didnt even discuss such an issue!!

Chivu, dont worry galata will beat arsenal whatever happens. I agree with eclipse. Hertha, milan, dortmund, bologna and mallorca all said the same thing but u saw what happenned.

After that chelsea game galata hasnt lost a single game.

in UEFA in the last 10 games they have won 7 and tied 3!!!So dont undersetimate their stenght! They beat dortmund 2-0 and mallorca 4-1 away from home!! They are too determined, and they will succeed. :)

I am telling everyone please dont misinform people on matters u have no idea about. Turks are not banned or anything. I believe eclipse made a mistake and he ll clear it. :)

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
argentina: Yes I agree. He is their brain in the midfield. And don't forget their young prospect and starter Emre is banned because of a red card against Leeds. This could wreck Galatasaray's dream run for the UEFA CUP.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I just read many news about hagi's injury and he is not even gonna miss the match against kocaeli on sunday in the league.

The club doctor said there is no possibility at all that he can not play on sunday.

None of the news say anything about him missing the match in the final. He could miss the one on sunday but now he is perfectly fine.

All the galata players areimportant and they also have good substitutes. They play team work, thats why they are successful. So they will have a player in place of emre.

And hagi is playing too, so sorry!! arsenal. I hope NEXT YEAR!! :) :)

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Galata played many games without him adn won many when hagi played but wasnt a good factor in the results.

He was playing awfully in many games in uefa and last games in cl and galata was playing better withou him.
So everyone in turkey were saying that it was time for him to leave. He held the ball too much sometimes and lost it often.

IOt is just the last 1,5 months that he s been playing very well. I mean, he s been playing like a 20 year old but as i said dont forget the fact few months ago everyone wanted him to leave.

I hope he continues his form. He can beat arsenal by himself if he plays his real soccer.
My heart is with hagi playing his best and Galatasaray winiing!!
However dont forget, it is not onLy hagi, its GALATASARAY! :) :) :)

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with you carlito, and I understand the point you are giving us (gala fan) but I am neutral and I could probably care less for Gala if Hagi and Popescu weren't there, I am just watching the game for the Romanian legends. I bet you Hagi is NOT going to play Sunday. Terim mentioned he wants to rest his players for Arsenal now that they've won the League & Cup. So look for Popescu, Taffarel, Hagi to be at their best against Arsenal.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
U might be right about that becaue he would want to rest the key players of course and he usually6 does before important games.
But hagi's injury still does not prevent him from playing :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts