Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
*the drum drum*
42,921 Posts
Maybe, he seems pretty disgruntled with life at Galatasaray recently if you look at the way he's speaking to the press..

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
according to some arab media, he already visited the UEA and had talks with a club there.
Is that true?
Do u have any info?

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
He is not one of the best coaches of the world at the moment but he is a very greedy man and i dont think that he will waste his time in UEA or somewhere like there.

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
*G*S* said:
haha yes,,but I think he meant greedy for succes!
yeah maybe i used wrong word. the correct word should be "ambitious"

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
if he wants he can go...nobody is irreplacable...

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
No he won't go, his contract ends in 2006 and we don't have intention to change our coach next season. We are very satisfied with Hagi.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
That's not what was coming out of GS last night.... Did you hear his post match interview? Did you hear what Canaydin has supposedly thought about it? ;)

There is a rumour that you will be relieving him off his duties and possibly replacing him with a quality Turkish coach that is currently out of work.... This guy is NOT Terim, and NOT Yilmaz Vural... Who can it possibly be? Speculation has it that Aykut Kocaman is theman they're thinking about....

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
We don't want the sucker Aykut Kocaman!
Fenerlileri istemeyiz.
I hope Hagi will be our coach next year, too.
Hagi's team played the much beatifull football in the league!

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Denizli_GS said:
Fenerlileri istemeyiz.
You weren't saying that when you signed Balic, Abdullah, Revivo and now Tomas were you? ;)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I hate Abdullah and Revivo!
Balic is not a turkish player!
Tomas wasn't fired, he hates Fener and thats good!
He didn't want to be a Febe player.
But we don't like "sike coachs" like Aykut, Oguz etc.
Fenere yatanlar!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Jemster said:
You weren't saying that when you signed Balic, Abdullah, Revivo and now Tomas were you? ;)
I would have no problem with Aykut Kocaman as the next coach. I cant see any reason besides him having played for Fener for the bulk of his career. But I also am aware that for many GS fans this sole reason would be enough. Still a far possibility imo..

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
I think you'll find that Tomas was released by Fener after Daum decided he was surplus to requirements... The main reason for him being released were his actions after being subbed in the Adana game, which he subsequently tried to amend by kissing the badge at every opportunity in front of several camera lenses :) Oh and what's Balic being non-Turkish have to do with anything anyway?

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Largo said:
I would have no problem with Aykut Kocaman as the next coach. I cant see any reason besides him having played for Fener for the bulk of his career. But I also am aware that for many GS fans this sole reason would be enough. Still a far possibility imo..
For anti-Fenerbahce fans, yes it will be a problem. But those who put their team first will no doubt favour whatever they see best for their club. Now I am not saying that Aykut would be the best alternative, but his background shouldn't be as bigger obstacle with true fans ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Jemster said:
For anti-Fenerbahce fans, yes it will be a problem. But those who put their team first will no doubt favour whatever they see best for their club. Now I am not saying that Aykut would be the best alternative, but his background shouldn't be as bigger obstacle with true fans ;)
Actually as a Gala fan I have respect for Aykut as a sportsman a lot since his playing days.. He may be a very good choice but as I stated earlier any bad result can spark controversies in Turkey. But I really think his background should not even be considered.. I dont want to believe that Aykut Kocaman would not be wanted in the club just because he played for Fener. Saying that I would like too see him as our coach (as far as I heard it is said that he really is a very good trainer and a tacticsman and very comfortable with the players); this move can start some changes in Turkey, we really need to get rid of this stupid hostilities between these two clubs.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
There is no way that Canaydin would be able kick Hagi out and bring in Aykut Kocaman.

Personally, I would not like to see Aykut nor Rasit Cetiner (two guys who are being mentioned) at the helm of Galatasaray.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Even if he departs, I think Hagi did a good job at Gala .. If you look at the players of Fener and Gala ... Fener clearly has better players. I didn't think he would be able to win it at the start of the season ... Gala needs some reinforcements.

Anyway you should give a coach two years to win something, one isn't enough IMO.

PS: I just saw Hagi's goals from the centenary game .. man this guy stil has the magic. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.