Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hagi is first a human beeing! It's a pity that in Romania he is not beeing treated well. Everybody is making fun of his name. For example, in Turkey, all are his fans;he is like a God for them.
After he finished his football career, he wanted badly to be the principal trainer of our First Team. All good, all nice. Till we lost the game with Slovenia. Then the tragedy started. And now he can see how many of us really care about him and are his fans.
Pity,because he is a very good man,with a lot of potential; but now is tard for those who know are wrong to say I'm sorry.

For those who doesn't know, I'll say : Long live the king Hagi!

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! YOU CAME!!!!

I am really glad to see you here! ;)

I believe that verybody in this forum agrees with what you said. Here, it's different than in the other forum.

I have to admit that I liked Hagi as a football player but I came to admire him as a human being especially after I read in the press what he did for the orphans from Costanta.

Sabina, look in the threads you like the most and don't be afraid to participate, all right? :)

By the way, I believe you know Hagi better than anyone here... :) ...so, maybe, you could tell us more stuff about him.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Another Dinamo fan....Wellcome to the forum Alexia...

How are people making fun of him? Is it the old subject-verb agreement story??

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
He is a legend indeed. Noone here on this forum will ever make fun of him Some might disagree with some of his strategy against Slovenia but what do you expect from a new coach - mistakes happen...

·
International
9,682 Posts
Hagi The Player is a God for all of us. Hagi The Coach is a totally different story. He's tactically chaotic at times, his PR are of the lowest level, and he lets those ****!ng bastards in the league to screw the game. The Turks are to fanatic when worshiping their talents and Gods. We're on the other side. We say: "What the f!ck... Even the Gods are making mistakes!"

Nevertheless, HAI ROMANIA! And FC FARUL CONSTANTA, of course! :tongue:

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
sabina alexia said:
Hagi is first a human beeing! It's a pity that in Romania he is not beeing treated well. Everybody is making fun of his name. For example, in Turkey, all are his fans;he is like a God for them.
After he finished his football career, he wanted badly to be the principal trainer of our First Team. All good, all nice. Till we lost the game with Slovenia. Then the tragedy started. And now he can see how many of us really care about him and are his fans.
Pity,because he is a very good man,with a lot of potential; but now is tard for those who know are wrong to say I'm sorry.

For those who doesn't know, I'll say : Long live the king Hagi!
Welcome to the forums sabina.

I must say the Turks are very chaotic when it comes to worshiping Hagi. As for us Romanians, I think we are more humble about his greatness, or at least I am.

I think the problem with Romanian football is that there is a lot of pressure on the coach to produce right away, and they expected Hagi to step in without any coaching experience and qualify for the WC. I still think he made a mistake stepping down, because he was never really given a chance. He played 5 games over all. That's it. 3 games against Slovenia, 1 against Hungary and Georgia. His record was 1 win, 1 loss, 2 ties. I hope one day he will retain the Romanian coaching position after he gets some club experience. Because you can just see how the players played for him in the first leg of the playoffs, they played like Hagi wanted them to play but they didn't have the golden finishing touch that Hagi once had. :(

·
Registered
590 Posts
Welcome Sabina! I'm glad to meet another big fan of Hagi here! I've already driven crazy all my friends speaking about the great MAN Hagi is and I say that even his way of speech is special - it just shows that he speaks more Aromanian than Romanian and that lately he spoke more Italian anyway :). He has a sense of fairness and goodness and even his temper is triggered only by injustice or imminent defeat, which he can't stand.

Let me tell you a funny story for those outside Romania: these days were the usual sports awards. There were two ceremonies, one organized by the Sports and Youth Ministry and the other by a Press Association. In both ceremonies Hagi received awards for the outstanding career as a player and received them most humbly, saying, among others, 'I'm glad that you think I'm special'. But the funny part was in the first ceremony, where he stood at Tiriac's table, near... Brigitte Nielsen. You know, ex-Stallone wife, 1.84m tall and 1.94 on high heels. She was introduced first and stood up to be applauded and then came Hagi, who stood up also, showing with his hands how small he is comparing :). It was very funny, I'm afraid I didn't put it right, maybe David would say it better. I think the story proves the kind of man he is, with humour and a sense of 'the right thing to do'.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: Re: Hagi-a long living legend

EclipsE said:

Welcome to the forums sabina.

I must say the Turks are very chaotic when it comes to worshiping Hagi.
I agree cuz Galatasaray removed the Number 10 from their team so no one can ever wear his number in the future. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum sabina alexia. Yes I had a concern about this happening when he took the coaching job so quickly but I figured his legend status might protect him from it. The most dangerious job in Romania is the NT coaching job :D Anyways Hagi is my lord and god. There is the holy trinity, then Hagi then family and friends :)

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
Montenegrina said:
Is Aromanian a bit like Greek?

Aromanian is very close to Romanian. However, according to what I saw and heard, Aromanian is closer to Latin than Romanian...

There are many Aromanians in Greece and it is possible that they have been influenced by the Greek culture (N.B. the name Iannis).

Montenegrina, nice nickname! :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Aromanian is a latin language, hence the name which relates it to the Roman Empire...The origin of Aromanians is still disputed, but the official story goes like this.

Aromanians are the last remnants of the Roman Empire in the Balkan Peninsula. When the area came under Ottoman occupation after the fall of the Byzantine Empire, some of them emigrated to Romanian in search of freedom. They settled mainly in Dobrogea.

Because of their similar language, Aromanians are not recognized as a separate national minority, but rather as a cultural one. Aromanians, while preserving thir uniqueness, consider themselves to be Romanians. After Dobrogea became part of Romania, king Carol II gave them land in the province.

Recently, Aromanians have lobbied to the Romanian government to help Aromanian communities in Macedonia and Greece gain recognition and cultural freedomn. Romania recognized Macedonia as a state only after it's government recognized Aromanians as a community and promised to end oppressing them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You are welcome Montenegrina...Glad we were able to 'desteptam' you..

By the way, how come a slav girl like you has a latin name??

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
dinamo10 said:
Aromanian is a latin language, hence the name which relates it to the Roman Empire...The origin of Aromanians is still disputed, but the official story goes like this.
Aromanians are the last remnants of the Roman Empire in the Balkan Peninsula. When the area came under Ottoman occupation after the fall of the Byzantine Empire, some of them emigrated to Romanian in search of freedom. They settled mainly in Dobrogea.
I'm sorry but I understand Aromanian and I think it is less of a Latin language than Romanian is.
Also what data do you have to assert that Aromanians are the last remnants of the Roman empire??? I have never heard anything like that from any of my ancestors which were all Aromanians. Also I think the name "Aromanian" is erroneous - it was made up. In my opinion Vlahi is the most politically correct name.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm not sure if we are to decide which language is closer to Latin, but Aromanian developed out of Latin...there is no doubt about that..

I said that there are several theories about the origin of Balakan Vlahs..The one I gave is just one of them, and the one which came up most in my readings.

Romire, all names are made up...Aromanians are called Valhs elsewhere because their language sounds so much like Romanian...We can't call them that in Romania because we have another group of people which are called vlahs...the ones living in Muntenia if you don't know what I'm talking about..

1 - 20 of 68 Posts