Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've beaten this drum before in the Italian NT forum, but i've really had enough of him. we question players like Materazzi but Blasi is much worse and still he is getting into the Azzurri set-up with Lippi these days. :stuckup: :(

someone like Blasi is useless against quality opposition, as he demonstrated again in the Liverpool game today. When he was subbed off at half time the game (if not the result turned Juventus' way. i know the 'Pool players were tired in the 2nd half, but still, even with Pessotto they had more width, defensive cover and go forward.

it was like this vs Real Madrid too. after getting himself suspended by attempting to break Raul's legs in the first leg, Juventus was a much better side and knocked RM out without Blasi in the 2nd.

Basically, if he is up against a modest team in the Serie A, than Juve will carry him and it looks like he can get the job done. but against a good side he is worthless. he gets away with having absolutely no skill whatsoever by masquerading as a DM, but in fact he doesn't even seem like a very good tackler. :wallbang:

I don't care if Juventus want to embarass themselves in Europe by presenting this violent, incompetent, doped up clown in their line-up whenever they can. :rollani: :jester:

But can someone please do whatever it takes to make sure that we never have to put up with Blasi being selected for the NT ever again until he actually learns how to play.

there, whining session finished :)

and it would be good if someone says something offensive so that this thread is closed too. because none of these facts are debatable anyway. ;) :D

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Agreed, he is not JUve or NT material. Players like Maresca, Ambrosini and even Volpi are a few levels above this guy.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's the thing, we've got other options. at least with Materazzi he is one of the "better" Italian cb's going around outside of Canna and Nesta.

i do like the way that Blasi puts in effort for the team. also what i didn't mention before is that i think Lippi (and Capello) are asking too much of him to perform against quality sides, so i definitely don't blame him for not being great, it's down to the managers if anything.

basically though i'd just like to see someone more skillful selected in the midfield.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
If we had a thread for every player not good enough for the NT we'd have a very full forum.

But you're right, he is shit. :thmbup:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Mikey said:
If we had a thread for every player not good enough for the NT we'd have a very full forum.

But you're right, he is shit. :thmbup:
god I love your style! :D :proud:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mikey i know what you mean, but for a lot of our players it's more a case of criticising Italian football or Serie A in general rather than creating a thread for them. imo it's fairly pointless arguing over why someone like Materazzi is picked since there's really not that much else on offer. that's more to do with the system in Italy than the individuals.

when it comes to someone like Blasi though i think we can really afford to consider other alternatives for his position. i'm sure (or at least hope) that Lippi can do better than to keep on picking him in the side. :hopefull: :)

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
numerodix said:
god I love your style! :D :proud:
Too kind Martin, too kind. I may use that though as a sig. ;)

Vagabondo, thats a totally new arguement. Our coaches at youth levels seem to be very good at churning out crappy central midfielders with poor technical ability. And the very fact we have so few options in central defence is a huge worry for me.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fully agree. if you're going to put players in the middle of the park they might as well be talented. i just can't understand why Italian coaches love players like Blasi so much.

England for example fields Lampard and Gerrard in the middle, who when put together score goals for their team as often as a decent forward would, and yet SGE has no problem playing them defensively.

we just get coaches like Trap who prefer to field Zanetti-Tommasi :groan: ('02) or Zanetti-Perrotta :yuck: ('04). i'm already having worrying thoughts about Lippi switching back to a 4-4-2 and playing Blasi-Gattuso :rollani: in the world cup next year. and that's if we even qualify :hopefull: :mute:

also i didn't want to say this but the pharmacy in your avatar convinced me; Blasi getting called up also annoys me because of his drugs scandal. i don't want the reputation of the team tarnished by any player, let alone one as limited as he is. Italian teams take too much crap from other countries as it is already.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I have said this many times and I'm glad others have/started to say it to. Ambrosini is much better as he can tackle, good in the air and can pass the ball. Something which I have yet see Blasi do.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jern Lizardhous said:
he is an invisible shield :googly:
Blasi is at his best when he is invisible. It's when he starts putting in his dodgy tackles and thinking that he has a meaningful passing game that he is really a worry. :nervous: ;)

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Vagabondo said:
Blasi is at his best when he is invisible. It's when he starts putting in his dodgy tackles and thinking that he has a meaningful passing game that he is really a worry. :nervous: ;)
I agree, in some ways Blasi reminds me of Albertini :D :lala: :mute:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Vagabondo said:
maybe his football brain is so advanced that his teammates make all the wrong runs for his sugar passes ?

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
ilgenio said:
I agree, in some ways Blasi reminds me of Albertini :D :lala: :mute:
:eekani: Blasphemy! Somebody take that man's keyboard away. :stoned:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I think everyone has had enough with Blasi.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I still quite like him, can't imagine what Tachinardi might've done with Gerrard but woulda been funny at least :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm not writing him off yet. He's definetly not playing as good as he was at the beginning of the season. I think he's falling to much into this goon role, that his technical game is going down the tube's. And he seems to be a little to big for a footballer . He looks more like a rugby player. Thats probably the reason why he seem's to have lost a step, and is getting in late on tackle's. Some of you guy's can't tell me that Blasi hasn't shown better technical abilities in the begining of the season or last year with Parma or with the under 21 NT. And before everyone starts bashing him just think of all the Gattuso, and Pirlo bashing that when on on this website in the past. And look at them now.

·
Registered
17,585 Posts
So who's going to be preferred to Blasi? Jokers like C.Zanetti and Perrotta? Maresca? Not gonna happen under Lippi. Ambrosini? Good player but he's hardly played any competitive football this season at Milan, and you're going to start him for the NT?

I don't see how one can say Italy at the moment have better or more alternatives in central midfield, it remains their achilles heel and Blasi is one of the few options available.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts