Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprised from your attitude italian fans?! your league is the best of the world..u have totti del piero montella fiore and inzagi and many more,your team has two shots on van der sar on 120 minutes..and you are proud of the team and say you deserved it and make fun of de boer!!
dont blame the sending of zambrotta,because even before he was sent off italy didnt touch the ball in the first half,and dont say the match is fixed becaus the second penalty is clear and juliano should have been sent off for blocking davids from the goal...zenden was booked for diving so no fixing...dont forget the italians are the best in fixing leagues and matches...
why is italy un able to play beautiful football although they have beautiful players??why since italia 1990 italy became so boring o watch? defend all match and then score 1 goal,and not to forget the undeserved penalty against turkey and the luck against romania who hit the bar,same as bergkamp today hit the bar..italy i think should not be in the final..
to tell you the truth , out of the four teams,this is the worst possible final. holland against portugal woould have been beautiful..italy against france i tell you will be the most boring ever..
even france got a lucky penalty which wasnt a handball on purpose it just hit his arm...
so please guys even if you are happy admit that holland is better..same when u lost to argentina in italia 90..

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
well, I think davids should have been send off, too, when he fouled (already booked) an italian player
and stam stopped totti who would have been through but just yellow
was the foul of iuliano really in the penalty area? I have doubts
and why does this ref give the first pen? If he do so, he must whistle the foul against del vecchio, who was grapped at his jersey by a dutchman, but he did not felt and tried to score(not like super diver zenden, even inzaghi can learn from him)
all in all I guess you had some real advantages given by Dr. Markus Merk, but who cares?
you had a lot of ball possession, but what did you make out of it? do not forget zambrotta was sent off and we had to play 90 mins with 10 men, but nobody realizes that you had one player more.
you were awarded two at least controversial pens, and you failed
so you ask why we are so happy and making jokes? because we FOUGHT down your arrogance, yes, thats the difference between teams like you and us or france or germany in the past, we are able to fight
and it is just normal that a team which has the best defenders in the world plays more defensive, and a team with great offensive players plays (especially at home) more offensive.

maybe we are bad winners, but definetly YOU ARE A BAD LOOSER!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
FORZA ITALIA

You can't really say Holland is better. Each team played their own style and Holland's attacking style, as beautiful as it is, failed against Italy's defense. Holland really didn't have all that many chances considering everything they had in their favor: Italy had a man sent off, Italy played ultra-defensive and Holland had like 70% possesion, Holland had 2 penalty kicks, at least one of them a gift from the ref...I could go on. I like Holland's style of play but I hate their arrogance. Hearing The Miss's reports on Dutch TV announcers reinforced my opinion. A Holland-France (or Portugal) final would have been a great one to watch, but Holland screwed it up themselves. That's why you're not going to hear anything about how Holland played better. Because all things considered, they didn't.

one more thing
FORZA TOLDO
Buffon? Who's Buffon? Just kidding :).

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Khalid,I agree with you...apart from the France portugal part...France-Holland would be the final for me.Now its will be just another...oh forget it! :(

R

·
0 Posts
well spoken psycho..and in a situtation where you play with only ten players against the favourites , the homeside, the dutch massive number of supporters and above all against the refree..i guess defensive play was the best weapon. I think you should praise the Italian combative spirit which lead to this very fair ending.
You say that the Italian football has become really borining since the 90s because of its defensive way , well italian football is more realistic, in big competetions you need to win your game to reach the final and win the cup not to put on a show of beautiful games and then reach to a sad ending , because after ten years no one well remember how X team played they will just remember who won the title.

FORZA ITALIA

·
Registered
504 Posts
Beautiful or not beautiful???? Who gives a flying f&@#!!!

All that matters at the end of the day is the result. And it will read Italy won the game.

Why don't you look at it from the point of view that the Italian defenders put on a heroic display last night. The fact of the matter is that one of the most potent attacking teams in the world could not put one past the Italians in 120 minutes of play.

Enough said. Everyone bagging the team should realised that there are two sides to football. Attack AND DEFENCE!!

Forza Italia!! Forza Catanacio

·
Registered
392 Posts
Where do you have the balls to come here Khalid and say that type of thing??
You obviously don't appreciate different styles of football.
You know hearing your comments you remind me of a typical North American who wants to see goals,goals and goals.
What i saw on that pitch was beautiful football.
A team goes into a situation where you're not favoured,nobody betted on you before you got there and 60.000 thousand hostile Dutch fans cheering.
What do you expect???
The italians basically said:
OK Holland throw everything you got at us,hell even the kitchen sink,we don't care.Bring it all on,lets see what you got........And at the end what they got was not enough.
Italia overcame all odds,down a MAN!!!!
At international level like this for 1:30,and still couldn't score,for me.Thats the team that doesn't belong in this tournament.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FORZA ITALIA!!!!!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
The best team is the team that wins!!

Well, look who's back... "mr. Holland" Khalid!

Didn't you come in here before the tournament saying our team was crap and all? Need a tissue to wipe away your orange tears now?

Italy is the only undefeated team in Euro2000! They are the team with the least goals scored against. Italy has the best defence in the world with Nesta, Cannavaro and our "main man" Toldo! And we just knocked out the tournament favorite in their own capital city!!

Last night I enjoyed every second of the match. It was the most exiting by far. And the end result was just fantastic! The underdog Italy beat the Dutch giants, who trashed Jugoslavia 6-1.

For days I had to listen to all this crap about the 6-1 victory on Dutch tv. So when kluivert missed his penalty kick and had his arrogant smirk whiped from his face, I loved every second of it!!!

And now the title is ours for the taking. France lost to Holland, we beat Holland, so we'll beat France to become Champions of Europe!!!

E

·
0 Posts
KHALID, your my man! You have analysed the match perfectly! I don't agree with the part about France and Portugal but you are right about the Italians!

To the Italians I would say that I am very disappointed with you! Your play is very negative and purely aimed on provocation and defence. You can't possibly be proud of a team which only quality is building a wall for the goal!
Italians (appart from the great AC Milan team in the beginning of the 90's) have no idea how to make the play. Another example of this is the very bad performance of Lazio against Feyenoord in the Champions League.

Your coach held the most creative player on the bench for most of the tournament. Against the Netherlands he played, but he didn't play the way he can.

I know we screwed up ourselves but for the good of the game it's just a shame that this Italian team has reached the finals. Even Sweden deserved it more than Italy.

My only hope now is that we have the same scenario as in the World Cup in the USA. There Italy also where a shame for the game and reached the finals -> you all know how that ended!

ALLEZ FRANCE!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I agree with Il Lupo. Nothing but boring football we saw last night. It was really a nerve-breaking experience.

And Boyo, what about the Oranjie going to shoot penalties and missing, one after another? hehehehehehehe :D :D :D :D

The Oranjie couldn't do it.
Not even with the referee's help.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
YES!!! That penalty shoot-out was GREAT!!

I have it on videotape and kept watching it over and over again, last night!! I just LOVE to see them miss!!!

And you're right about that referee! To give a penalty for the Nesta/kluivert struggle was pure robbery!!

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I think what we're seeing is the poor losers venting some frustrations. SO WHAT if the game went to a shootout to be decided? InterOz, Reem and Kazeema have said it all. 2 great footballing countries faced each other, each with their own distinct style. ONE of those teams was forced to play a man short for most of the game and STILL won the game. Face it, that wonderful attack simply could not get thru our even better defense. And missing 2 pk's in the game itself....who set themselves up for failure here, anyway? I don't care who's disappointed in what--in the edn it's the result that counts. See you on Sunday!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
How dare you pull the question ?

Our Dignity ?

Khalid and Espel, don't you have anything better to do than to spit your frustrations out on us ? Go home, lick your wounds and start all over again.

Holland played offensive. It got them through to the semi-finals. We played our style : defensive. It got us to the semi-finals as well. A direct confrontation. A devious fight with all the ingredients of a good soccermatch. Boring ? You've got to be kidding me. Up until the very last minute it was nothing but a stunning thriller. With only ten man we managed to keep our heads cool. Our defense was playing with DIGNITY. Our midfield was playing with DIGNITY. Our keeper was performing with DIGNITY.

Holland had their chances. With help from the referee (who was obviously trying to make some Dutch friends). But it wasn't enough to bring us to our knees. Holland should have known that. WE didn't get ANYTHING. WE did it on our OWN. With a fantastic team spirit and superb DEFENSIVE play.

This team has shown NOTHING but DIGNITY. The whole tournament through. The Azzurri showed us what they're really worth last night.

Why should we care what you think of our style ? We do not critizize you for the system that you choose, are we ?

Face it. Let this be a wise lesson. Your system failed dramatically. Ours paid off. Accept it and live with it. There's always a next time...But don't use questions like these, it's not only unfair but also very childish. We are PROUD of our team. So please, let us have our party in peace !

The Miss

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
On paper, the final against holland looked like being a cracker, It's just a shame that only one side wanted to win it, ironically they ended up doing everything except win. Italy played their style/ANd proved how to do it especially being a man down..

You had two great teams like deB said with two distinctly different styles of play..

And in the end the obvious the true winners remain standing>

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Ok people STOP he raving about how great the Italians played

HOLLAND just Played bad

You put it in a position that Italy played good

YOU ARE FOOLING YOURSELF and the shame is you know it and trying to defend it with tricks:(

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
They call our football boring, but their criticism is based on jealousy and regret. They can't find dignity in defeating the Dutch at home a player down. They can't find beauty in an amazing stop by Cannavaro, a pick pocket by Nesta, amazing teamwork in the back, and a strong counterattack. Yes, Holland lost. They couldn't put the ball in the net. That means we won. The rules are made, the ref tried as hard as he could to send Holland through, but we prevailed. If you fear ugly football Sunday, go out for a walk and don't watch the game. Khalid, while I am not surprised by your ugly tactic of coming to our board solely to criticize, I am surprised you managed to get so many facts wrong in your diatribe. Italy had four shots, not two, including the best of the game in live play - not a bad tally considering the circumstances.
Also, Italy managed two goals each game until yesterday, not one. They have allowed just two goals in five games and two overtimes.
Call it boring, call it whatever you want. I call it winning - and it will continue Sunday and this Sept. in Sydney. Enjoy!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
If that was boring?

I would get a heart attack during an exciting match.

Italy showed great great poise and utter contol against the Dutch.

It once again showed if you're not good enough for Italy you are not good enough to play against Italy.

Viera of course bing the only contradiction to this rule. Anyway guys IMHO defending is exciting once you have elegant defenders and not wild horses and mules like Tony Adams and Martin Keown. Nest and Canavarro arethe two most elegant defenders in Europe. Thuram might be a better defender than at least Canavarro but they are the most elegant.

Its unlikely to that Italy get past France but i will be hollering for them all the way.

Holland again showed that when ever attack meets top class defence the winner is almost always defence. For teh English and American children amongst us don't say that Italian football is boring say that you cannot appreciate the defending. If your attack is poor with Inzaghi trying to be Bobo and Totti and Del Piero not scoring enough then what do you expect? Albertini's feet are not fast enough any more to keep possession so we will obviously end up defending like crazy all game.

You will see the real Italy in the W.C. qualifiers when Zoff let's Italy play up to full potential. Totti Del Piero and Vieri.

With Vieri back Zoff can do certain things he cannot do with Inzaghi in the line up. If Vieri were at the tournament Italy would be unstopable.

Anyway Italy have done what they are good at. Defend and i for one am tired of jokers who do not understand football saying that Italy are boring. I for one have been watching football for years and i am as excited when Thuram or Nesta make a good tackle as i am when the IDIOT!!!!!!!! Kluivert scores a great goal.

By the way.....all the three day Kluivert fans have gone away now. WHAT DID I SAY!!!!!!????????? I said Kluivert was a waste of space and a perenial lozer......sigh.......Where are all teh Kluivert fans now?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Khalid, you were the one that supported Holland, 'cause they were SO great and thought Italy was crap, right? :D
Please, just tell me one thing! Does it hurt? I SURE HOPE SO! :D

AVANTI GRANDE LAZIO!
FORZA AZZURRI!

·
Registered
384 Posts
u people always critice the italians for not playing the game the way it should be. just who r u? there r no rules on how to play the game just one: whoever has more goals at the end of the game (wih or without shootout) wins. so stop bad mouthing italy ill say attacking soccer is horrible

M

·
0 Posts
i also agree with dezerbi
soccer is a game where who has more goals wins
i can admit holland had complete of the ball but italia had complete control of holland
holland did nuthin with that ball . they were unable to score . that first penalty shoot shows how stupid that ref was . that game was soooooooooooo fixed even so look at the amount of injury time added on in the 2nd half
4minutes was added on when nuthin happened in the second half . also davids was taken down outside the box ... he dived into the box
italia finally ended the curse on shoot outs
that game had me on the edge of my seat .
if u think the italia game was boring then i must of fell asleep in the france game where france just domiated the game portugal had no chance

mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts