Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching the great South Korean match, I'm wondering: what if Guus Hiddink didn't resign after WC 98? :confused:

At least there is one Dutchman did well in this WC...:cool:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Agree with you, nice to se Hiddink doing well. South Korea was definately inspired by the Dutchman and it was nice to see the team doing so well... Hope they haven't run of their socks after one game...

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
One thing is certain now: He doesn't have to move to PSV for the money, cause in South-Korea he can now almost get every job he want. If you look at the progress Korea made since France '98 Hiddink surely did some fine work there.

Marco, he did resign cause he got the chance to coach Real. The best club in the world (according to my fellow FM's here;) ).

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
TWO BIG LIES in your last sentence my friend!
1> He decided to quit even before Real entered the stage....
2> And Real is definitely NOT the best club in the world. I mean, they didn't even become spanish champions in their centennial year! And that with Zidane, Raul, Roberto Carlos, Solari and Judas.... One other comparable statement about RM, and you will be demoted as moderator of the Dutch Football Forum, and I will delete all threads in the Ajax-forum (remember, I still have power there, and I'm not afraid to use it! :D)

·
Registered
768 Posts
krijn, just 2 (!) words: OF COURSE REAL MADRID IS THE BEST TEAM IN DA WORLD ....AIGHT!!!!

:D

they didn't become spanish champs but they did become European champs.. whereeee is barca? :dazed: :tongue: :tongue:

Viva los merengues!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
REAL MADRID INDEED THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD!!! :stuckup::D

Well, weeks ago we in Real board actually was discussing to change our description into "the best team in the world and we got FIFA's award to prove it." Funny, eh?;)

HAHA, Krijn's sooooo traumatized that Gaspart becomes da MAN he's looking up to now:tongue:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
How is "the best team in the world" defined? Most prices? Most fans? Most media-exposure? Most wins? Most dominant? It's arguable...

But let's talk about FOOTBALL here, and not about Real Madrid....

·
Registered
768 Posts
How is "the best team in the world" defined? Most prices? Most fans? Most media-exposure? Most wins? Most dominant? It's arguable...
Krijn is obvious very eager to learn! Well let me then tell you, it's defined by all these things and then the winner izzzz: Real Madrid :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
P. Kluivert said:

most government help? :rollani:

:rolleyes: Or most FIFA/refs/gods of football help!? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
768 Posts
woohoo the catalan syndrome again I guess. Wake up man the bad guys have left Spain. This is simply pathetic, based on current results they are the best team in the world and that has nothing to do with those days.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
> You took 6 Europacup 1's in the period the bad guys were there.
> You only won the CL this year. How to compared that with the double of Arsenal for instance? Feyenoord grabbed the UEFA-Cup, as if they were the strongest contender there.
> In money and media-exposure ManU is by far bigger than Real Madrid.

Besides, being a "club" doesn't come with successes I think. Ajax had more success than Feyenoord in its past, but still I think Feyenoord is the best CLUB in the Netherlands.....

·
Registered
768 Posts
If you rate Feyenoord higher than Ajax, then I think I needn't worry about my knowledge of football and the Real Madrid question, seriously it's a complete joke, Ajax is the best club in NL, based on results! Not on supporters for me but on results.

For your information, Real Madrid has won 3 CL's since 1998 and in the end it's all about RESULTS. At the moment, they are deifinitely the best club in Europe and the world. I think Franco isn' back from the dead huh?.

Why the hell bring up media/merchandise :confused: :rolleyes: That has nothing to do with the CLUB ACHIEVEMENTS that make the club what it is. I believe we were discussing that and not the money.

Why mention Arsenal's double? That were only English contenders and if Real played in their league -which they don't so the comparison doesn't make sense at all- they wouldn't be less than those gunners I bet.

Actually, Feyenoord was the best contender in UEFA, I seriously thought both AC and Inter sucked this season, and Borussia didn't play better than Feyenoord in that crucial match, hence, Feyenoord wasn't the joke in that competition as you kind of make it sound.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Feyenoord is the best CLUB I think. Ajax has the most successfull team and won the most prizes, but they are noted at the stock exchange, and the atmosphere is like that as well. Most Ajax-"fans" aren't true fans. Don't really follow Ajax, and only say they're Ajax-fans because of the good results. Unlike Feyenoord which has a much broader fanbase. Therefore I say Feyenoord is the better CLUB of those two.

Besides that: based on the results of an entire season of 38 games Valencia showed they are better than Real.... Here you have the result you adore so much....

It seems you don't want to understand it, do you? Feyenoord wasn't the joke of the UEFA-Cup, that's clear. But fact is that based on the skills of the players the various teams have, Feyenoord wasn't among the 5 strongest teams. Factors like luck, fighting-spirit and underestimation have contributed a lot to Feyenoord's cause. Just like Utrecht made it to the AmstelCup-final. As if they were the 2nd best team in Holland.... Unlike in a cup, league-results are much more based on the overall performance and strength of a club, and depend less on other things.

But let's end this stupid discussion which is about nothing and only caused by the fact chivu and I were having our own little bit of fun.....

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Montenegrina said:
Ajax is the best club in NL
You go girl!! :star::strong::cool:

Krijn said:
Most Ajax-"fans" aren't true fans. Don't really follow Ajax, and only say they're Ajax-fans because of the good results.
:mad: :fero: :devil: so what do you say chivu, shall we kill him? :nasty:

Krijn, Ajax has history, something I can't say of P$V :tongue:

:star:Eens Ajacied, altijd Ajacied:star:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Well, P.Kluivert, you have to admit that Ajax has many "salon-supporters". At least more than Feyenoord. People like... ehhmm... my youngest sister :). This doesn't apply on the true fans Ajax has as well, ofcourse. (Like you guys)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Guys! Not most women are only having eyes for good-looking players. lose those :( & :eek: in your posts:fero:
Gosh, a few years back when football was not so commercial-stars-based as nowadays calling someone glory hunter is really bad, but now "roadies" are a much worse reputation that we try to avoid. :(:(:( Just like days ago I told my friend all the pros of soccer and tried infect the World Cup virus to her and then she gave me a trick smile and said "yep, I like soccer too. So, which Italian handsome player you love the most?" **faint** So when I told her I am actually a *serious* soccer fan I couldn't help being blushed like it's not the proper thing to say:eek:

OK, back to the old argument, so what's the BEST CLUB anyway? If it's all about true fans then in stat. Barcelona has more official members that any other club in the world, so Krijn would you care to throw us an argument saying Barca's the best then?;)
I am more into using the club achievement as the biggest factor to award a club the word "best." Don't forget, we Real still have 28 La Liga titles in sum so one year lost the competition to Valencia doesn't make Valencia the best club in history instead, doesn't it? Ok, then you will tell me how about comparing the liga titles with other leagues in the world. Maybe some ppl think Serie A is tougher, or the champions in the last 20 years are more deserved than those in the '50s and '60s... This is never going to end! So what's "the best" anyway? To use the things I just learn from my critical thinking course the word "best" is just plain to vague, and a statement like that should be treated as a subjective claim so nobody is supposed to argue with nobody.

(PS, Krijn, seems you are really good at this critical thinking thing, so maybe I could use some of your help for my homeowork instead of hassling here:tongue:;))

1 - 20 of 45 Posts