Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that this guy will join Bundesliga side Werder Bremen ( :yuck: :yuck: ) next summer on a free transfer since his contract is running out and Werder needs a decent left back. How do rate him ?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Gustavo "ACEROLA PODRE" Nery sucks , to put it simple .
But since Julião is kicking ass at Sevilla , I am willing to believe in anything , even if it means seeing a slow left back with non-existant skill and poor crosses suceeding in europe .

·
Registered
594 Posts
Acerola is a fruit , I don´t know it´s name in english .
The "true" nickname is "laranja podre" . "Laranja" is the fruit orange , and "Podre" means rotten .

He and a few other players got that nickname from our coach Nelsinho a few years ago , in a reference to their bad influence and attitude in the group .

And IMO he really is that bad , he has been playing for my team since 2000 and I can´t wait until he´s gone .

The worst part is , he actually thinks he´s good and asked for a raise , as if staying on the team wasn´t a good enough reward for him :rolleyes:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I would agree with Rob, he is not a bad player and is pretty reliable. He is not great but its not the sort of player that will screwup.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i hope that this guy isn't too good :cool: coz' he will probably be playing for our arch-rivals :yuck: ;) !
BTW, did this guy ever play for the selecao ?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I guess he was on a 50 player list that Leão made for Confederations Cup in 2001, but half of that list had to be cut, and then he didn't play...

He's a good player, useful, but he isn't NT material.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now it seems that Nery will return to Brazil. Corinthians made an offer for him and he is willing to return, Corinthians and Bremen have to agree over a transfer fee though.
I'm disappointed by Nery. Seemingly he doesn't have the guts to fight for his place in Bremen after recovering from his injury. He's giving up a little too early. Bremen is a good side but they don't have lots of talented left footed defenders and mids, therefore it should be possible for Nery to get into the team if he shows some fighting spirit. Nery has the opportunity to play and prove himself in the CL ( look out for the match against Lyon in the upcoming week, should be an interesting one !), but he seems to prefer a return to his homecountry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts