Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 5 years I have been assistant manager at arsenal, my friendship with Arsene and the squad could not be better, when I first came to the squad I was appointed as coach, but arsene took a liking to me and within a year I was assistant to him, over the years he has trusted me greatly, I have advised on transfers and it was me who did the work to sign wonder kid Theo Walcott.,

But recently my friend arsene had the worst possible news, his wife and children were in a serious car crash over in Cannes, he lost his wife and son instantly and his 16 year old daughter is fighting for her life in a French hospital. Arsene resigned from his post instantly, and I was appointed as manager on a short term basis while the club can search for a manager.

So during the end to the 04/05 season, I took arsenal to the f.a cup final and beat Manchester united, I also took the team to third in the league. I had been told to take the team up to the date of the 10th of July 2005, when a new manager will be announced.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts

Shock! McIntyre to be manager of Arsenal in 05-06!

Very unexpected thing happened, as Arsenal decided to name their caretaker Ben McIntyre as their new manager on permanent basis. As the club has the biggest goals for the forthcomming season, it'll be very interesting to follow Mr.McIntyre and find out if he will be able to achieve thsoe goals.

Despite winning FA Cup last term, supporters of Arsenal are very unsure, if McIntyre has the skills to push Arsenal to highest places. They were hoping for any of big names so announcing not well known manager wasn't accepted by them. It seems like there will be huge pressure on McIntyre.

McIntare said he is happy, that after years as assistant he'll have chance to rule the club. He'd like to bring in some players, noone was mentioned, but sources close to McIntyre are talking about Inter Milan's Obafemi Martins as McIntyre's favourite.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

10th of july.

Well I cant believe it, today I was expecting to be out of work, not in a month of Sundays did I think I would be offered a 42,000 pound per week contract, David Dein said he has been impressed by what I did last season, and he started Arsene Wenger had recommended me as the best man for the job.

All of the team are happy with my appointment but the fans are a little un happy as they were expecting Gus Hidink to be taking charge, I expected the arsenal fans to be less than happy, but I am hoping to make them happy with me as quickly as possible. and the only way to do this is to win plenty of games.

I am already associated with the team, so I know the weaknesses of the team, players will be arriving, and some will be departing, all will be in the best interest of this great football club.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts