Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either by buying it or rapidly nuturing it, the gunners need an improved defence. Our attacking game is one of the best around but we are lacking at the back. I am sorry to say Lehman has to go.

Worried!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ravin said:
Either by buying it or rapidly nuturing it, the gunners need an improved defence. Our attacking game is one of the best around but we are lacking at the back. I am sorry to say Lehman has to go.

Worried!
why would they?
i know that Campbell is always injured, that Toure has had his 15 minutes of fame, and that Cygan is as solid as a butterfly in a storm, but can't Senderos :strong: :star: carry the whole defence by himself? ;)

:D :rollani: :pp

·
Registered
293 Posts
Our defenders are pretty okay if you ask me. The only thing we need is to provide a good cover when our defenders are injuried.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look at the "for and against" - does this answer your question?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
ravin said:
Look at the "for and against" - does this answer your question?
Last season wasn't too bad with the same blokes playing there. We have had a horror season injury wise and there's no confidence at the back. That is our problem, confidence and injuries.

We also don't have a world class keeper, which doesn't help much.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Your defence needs an upgrade. No need to spend too much. Their is a sweeper who is always first picked for Serbia and Montenegro, his name is Nemanja Vidic only 22 years of age. Red Star product now playing in the Russian League for CSK Moscow. Buy him and I may start supporting Arsenal. :thmbup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
khimik, I like your quote regarding Arsenal's respect in Europe, but if hey can fix this defence problem they WILL win the CL, the EPL and the FA Cup, then they will be respected and feared the world over.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Fleka said:
Your defence needs an upgrade. No need to spend too much. Their is a sweeper who is always first picked for Serbia and Montenegro, his name is Nemanja Vidic only 22 years of age. Red Star product now playing in the Russian League for CSK Moscow. Buy him and I may start supporting Arsenal. :thmbup:
Roman Abramovich has controlling interest in CSKA Moscow, and by default Arsenal wouldn't be allowed to buy a CSKA player because of it. If we enquired about one of them Chelsea would just come in and buy him for the sake of it.

They're wankers.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes they are wankers - but they have bought a premiership.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
FWIW I don't think our defending is as bad as it used to be this season. Don't believe me? Have a look:

FAC: Sheffield Utd: 0-0
L: Portsmouth: 3-0
CL: Bayern Munich: 1-0
FAC: Bolton: 1-0
L: Blackburn: 1-0

We didn't let in a goal in March. Of course it still needs improvement, but it isn't that dire.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Fleka said:
He's not playing in CSKA Moscow, but their biggest rival club Spartak Moscow. I follow Russian Championship and I must admit, he's one of the best centre backs in Russia.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Nauan said:
He's not playing in CSKA Moscow, but their biggest rival club Spartak Moscow. I follow Russian Championship and I must admit, he's one of the best centre backs in Russia.
I don't think Abramovich has controlling interest in Spartak yet :pp

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about we all put in 10 bucks and get him.

·
Registered
239 Posts
the problem with you're defence is wnger's preference for cygan when campbell's injured, which is always. Lauren blows hot and cold, while Toure seems to have lost confidence.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
YeaVerily said:
the problem with you're defence is wnger's preference for cygan when campbell's injured, which is always. Lauren blows hot and cold, while Toure seems to have lost confidence.

what do you mean Wenger's preference for Cygan ? we had no-one else til Sendo came back from injury.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Cihan007x said:
without doubt they need better Centeral defenders, they need at least 2 defenders..
no we need 1 CB and let Cygan go, then we have Kolo, Sendo, Sol plus A.N.other, that's plenty to be getting on with

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
A little luck injury wise wouldn't go astray either. I think the only two clubs in England who can complain about injuries more than us are Liverpool and Middlesbrough.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts