Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could it be? what has he done really since taking over? we're still dished up with the same bad play pretty regularly when we play like under Van Marwijk. Hasn't changed a lot.

Could we indeed have a BEckham in charge? lot of hype, good talking to the media, likes fiddling with his hair but not much substance on the field?

Don't get me wrong. I loved the guy as a footballer and he was 50 times better than what Beckham ever will be but as a manager, I got question marks. Also with the measures he's going to take, hopefully it'll be dropping Paauwe, Castelen and Kalou but I fear that the scapegoat will be Ghaly for his comments and also for his performance yesterday which he could do much about since we basically played 4-1-5 :howler: since Buffel hardly supported him in midfield (played too close to K+K ) so that'll probably being back our old friend Pascal along with Ono in midfield next week.

I honestly hope Gullit and Zeljko get it right and he should be given the time since only tin pot chairman ruling clubs which go nowhere sack managers after a couple of months (like Spurs the last few seasons :( :D, Fenerbahce in the past, Inter, Atletico Madrid etc). He should be given the time like Rijkaard was after his difficult start last year, but the question is, will he be able to do the same and at least make us look decent on a regular basis (I don't expect miracles since we obviously don't have the money like Rijkaard does)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well, I think we have played several good matches (offensively) but we don't have any inventivity but what team does have inventivity these days, not too many. Groningen was defending with 11 players behind the ball after the goal, and they were right, but it's so difficult to break that wall. We don't have those kind of players, Kalou and Ono aside but they are going through a personal slump right now. Kuyt is clutch, Buffel lacks playing time, Castelen no comment.

It's known that Gullit is a bit extravagant but I've still 110% confidence in him. However, he should be careful with those sanctions but it's obvious we have played two bad games in a row now. We have two backs who are simply not good enough for Feyenoord, leave alone in Europe.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mtiliga and Gyan probably would just about make ADOs or RBCs teams in the form they've been lately :eek:

Strange whats happened to Basto with his "verhuizing" as I said before. Not that I see him as the Messiah but he surely could do a better job than our Danish friend. But anyways it's clear we're looking at those positions with that South African coming on trial this week so at least something is being done.

One thing however I think Gullit has to look it is the captaincy. Not only is Paauwe not performing on the pitch lately, but as a leader he isn't as well. All I see him doing is waving his arms in the air everytime a goal is scored against us :D but he should look at himself before blaming others and waving his arms. Kuijt imo would be a better option plus he also has the drive which good captains like Bosvelt, Roy Keane and the likes have.

As for breaking down teams which play with 10 men behind the ball, thing we need I guess are players who can beat players individually. Kalou could do that but he's having a bit of a dip, but come early next year Leonardo will be back so we'll have an extra weapon down the left (hopefully if he regains the same old level, never know with such injuries) and Magrao too, who didn't impress when I saw him play for jong Fey vs RKC, but we have to give him time, since he actually never played for Cruzieros first team! but he def has the moves imo

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Since I'm a guest here, I of course must say that Ruud Dil is a great manager, but I wouldn't buy this shit if Koeman said this:
Feyenoord.netwerk.to
Gullit liet weten zichzelf niet zoveel te verwijten, aangezien hij het zag aankomen en benoemd had. Had hij dat laatste niet gedaan dan had hij zichzelf wat kunnen verwijten. Nu had hij de groep er uitgebreid voor gewaarschuwd.
Also the shoesaga...:rolleyes: The players said that they were wearing the good 'noppen' already and this week according to Gullit/Feyenoord Nike came by to do something about, while at Nike they know nothing about that.

He didn't stayed that long at his previous two clubs, so it's also hard to say if he can get on track for real after a longer period. Although I think that if he and Feyenoord would part ways this season somehow it will be him who makes the move. Still that's not the case just yet.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
I actually agree with our dear friend here. Gullit is quick to blame anyone but himself. I've had my doubts about his coaching abilities from the start, but to put everything on the players, well that's just another sign he doesn't have a clue as a coach. A good manager protects his players, especially since we're talking about a pretty new and young squad here.

Having said that, he still has time to prove me wrong.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Gullit lost all his credibility as a manager in my eyes when he dropped Alan Shearer because he was supposedly not good enough anymore. :howler: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
i thought at the beginning of the season that feyenoord would change it's style of play drastically, more defensive, more 'realistic'. And that's what he said in interviews as well. So i was surprised the see the same old system Feyenoord has played for the past few seasons. And it's been proven again that it simply won't do. Feyenoord is basically playing a 4-2-4 again.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Prince-O said:
Gullit lost all his credibility as a manager in my eyes when he dropped Alan Shearer because he was supposedly not good enough anymore. :howler: :rolleyes:
Well yeah, that wasn't exactly the wisest thing to do especially since Shearer is like the second homecoming in Newcastle. But also the man who won a grand total of zero trophies with Newcastle and the man who got Bobby Robson sacked a day after he got dropped by him too. I'm not saying Shearer's a bad player, far from it, but he's too big for his boots in Newcastle for my liking. He basically runs the club and a player should never have so much power as him.

We also mustn't forget that Gullit was the man who won Chelsea's first trophies for 25 years!! but as to my rating of him, I'll still sitting on the fence and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, since he simply doesn't have much to work with. Not a lot of money and by a mile the worst defence (bar Saidi. If only Wotte got Matthijssen from Willem II with him. He would have been available on a bosman too! and we'd see less of Paauwe as well :happy: ) in the top 4. I'll give him at least a year before giving my definate verdict on his qualities, but so far, like Stygmata said, it looks like it hasn't changed a lot tactically since Bert van Marwijks period, also especially with the annual disastrous November :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This'll no doubt please chivu and drulo :D

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=272898&CPID=5&CLID=8&lid=&title=Gullit+praises+Mourinho&channel=Premiership

Any of you read VI this week btw? other than Pardo, Paauwe, Acuna, Mtiliga and Basto who you'd expect to be shown the door this summer (question will be whether any (smaller probably) club would want to take them permanently too seeing their wages :eek: ), it also said that de Graaf, Ghaly and Lazovic would be allowed to leave the club so it looks like we'll stick with Ono.

Lazo I could understand looking at that we have enough up front but de Graafs hardly played while with Ghaly, they apparantly have had enough of his unwillingness to listen in the last 2 years, so he'll be sold if we can get a good bid for him apparantly. Might be a bit premature I think with Ghaly cos not too long ago Pim Doesburg said he had enough of Babos and now two months on, Gullit and Doesburg are big fans again of Babos. I guess we'll have to wait and see what'll happen as things can change quikcly in football but one thing' s sure, it'll definitely be interesting with the always mindchanging Gullit at the helm :D

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Wally said:
....it also said that de Graaf, Ghaly and Lazovic would be allowed to leave the club so it looks like we'll stick with Ono.
:wth: They want to get rid of Ghaly ? That would be a terrible mistake. You can still criticize some aspects of his game but I like him a lot.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
If Gullit had half the brain Mourinho has, we'd be in a lot better of a position than we are now.

But I agree with Rataplan, letting Ghaly go would be a huge mistake. The others who're allowed to leave, I can understand.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Got to agree with that and he's apparantly said again in a Japanese paper that he wants to play in Spain. It's a shame cos he's a good player but as we saw with Emerton a bit in his last season, if someones head is somewhere else, it'd be better to part company with him.

Just read too that Bosvelts going to Heerenveen :mad: who are we going to sign now?! cos in all honesty I can't see Simons nor Poulson nor Milla coming here and Mendes da Silva imo is a bit like Hofs. A decent squad player but he won't be the player to lead us and set the lines out.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
HEerenveen? :eek: Why? Well I am not sad over it because if we want to build ourselves a decent future we dont need an oldie like Bosvelt. After all, he's no Cocu. Im probably not making myself popular with this opinion but we should focus more on GOOD FOOTBALL than on our icons and hard working players etc

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I thought I misread when i saw the first glimps of it on TT. I just watched 601 briefly and thought at first that it was someone with a similar name as Bosvelt going to the icehockeyclub Heerenveen. Then I checked 601 again it really was Paul Bosvelt going to SC Heerenveen, the footballclub. Surprise move of the year for me.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I agree with Monte, I am not sad about it either. Bosvelt has had a nice career with Feyenoord but a return would become one big disappointment.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
I don't agree. Our midfield currently lacks a leader and a fighter and who other to personify that role than good old Paultje. I didn't expect him to play 3 more seasons, but no doubt he has at least 1 or 2 good ones left in him. I have no doubt he'll prove his worth for Heerenveen, good signing from them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts