Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: 06/01/2004
Time: 5:30 PM Kuwait time

A Saudi win would crown them the champions for the 3rd time barring a surprise from Yemen in the last match, while a draw or a loss gives some hope to Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, and Kuwait to win the cup.

Go Oman! :tongue:

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
2-1 for saudi :(

another match that we deserved the three points :(

oman should have defended after that goal
Oman the best team in the tournament :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
2-1 for saudi :(

another match that we deserved the three points :(

oman should have defended after that goal
Oman the best team in the tournament :)
Are you serious?

Oman played well in this match and in the tournament in general, I'll give you that. But best team, and deserved to win, I am afraid you have seen a different game than the one I saw. You only had two or three real chances, whereas we had at least six chances, which includes three AL-meshaal sitters. We completely dominated the midfield and possession. And as for "should have defended after the goal", you were defending the whole 90 mins.

Oman is the third best in this tournament, after KSA and slightly behind Bahrain. I truely wish that Oman can win the bronze medal. It will be the first time. However, if you don't, you only have to blame yourselves for wasting two easy points against Yemen. That was simply unforgiven.

Good luck against Qatar, you have 5 days to rest. Someone must give these antifootballers a good spanking:D :D

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
I agree with Dossary. Oman played well but 'deserved to win'? I think not.

Oman were actually lucky that all those chances fell to Al Mishal(who is having a crap tournament!) and not Al Ga76ani. Oman had a chance to win the game but Fawzi Basheer missed a 1-on-1 after a brilliant backheel pass before Saudi's 2nd goal.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Match stats:

In terms of shots, its more even than I thought. But it doesn't cover territorial advantage, which I think would be more emphatic.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I respect Oman though, alot, they came out really playing, like Bahrain, something that can't be said about Kuwait or Qatar.

No more Talal Al-Mish3al or Shalhoob, please!! enough is enough! Give Yasir and Yossri more international exposure, they have much more potential.

And again, Al-Dokhi is really improving alot! i can't believe it, but i am giving credit where credit is due.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I agree with real-madrid, Oman deserved to win, Saudis were less active than Omanis, they were not lucky getting two importnt players injured throughout the game.

I think Oman or Bahrain deserve the best team in the tournament, Saudis used their experts to win against them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts