Xtratime Community banner

Gulf Cup: KSA vs UAE

556 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Raulito 
#1 ·
Kickoff: 18:30 Kuwait time

My prediction: KSA 1 UAE 0

#2 ·
Too bad there's Premiership football at the same time :groan:

I Can see a surprise from the UAE..Dunno why though.

KSA 1-2 UAE

#3 ·
Jose luis pirri said:
Kickoff: 18:30 Kuwait time

My prediction: KSA 1 UAE 0
Well if things remain as they are.. you're some fortune teller, JLP!

It's 1-0 on 55 minutes.. Al Shalhoob from a penalty after Yosri Al Basha was bundled over in the are on 13 minutes..

To be honest, I've seen both games.. and not watching a few matches won't do me any harm.. :groan:

#4 ·
It's 2-0 on 83 minutes..

Rida Tukor scoring a header from an Ahmed Al Dukhi corner..

Saudi's had a few chances to add to their lead.. some were weirdly.. actually stupidly missed by Al Mishal and co..

and I agree with what JLP was saying in the other thread.. the pitch is sh!t.. it's beyond that but I couldn't find the words to describe it ;) :yuck:

#5 ·
Re: Re: Gulf Cup: KSA vs UAE

Yasir said:
Well if things remain as they are.. you're some fortune teller, JLP!
I guess I'm not so good because Redha Tokar scored, 2-0! ;)

That's how it ended. Saudi were clearly the better side. They would have scored 3 or 4 more goals if they had good finishing.

#6 ·
yes. Good steady start for Saudi.

Interesting tactics by Van der Lim (at least that's how it appeared on the lowsy web-cast) playing a 4-4-2 where Shalhoob is a conventional winger, Owairan and Ghamdi (who was inivisble) in defensive midfield, and Noor in a floating role where sometimes he plays on the right, and sometimes he floats into other positions. In those situations, Basha pulls back into a right wing role. Good enough performance, we got better as the game went on, but we lacked a killer edge, we didn't finish well, which reflects the names on the scoresheet.

#9 ·
It's difficult to make an assessment on our NT from the first round. After all, UAE looks like going to end up in 6th position. Oman will probably be the biggest challenge.

I also noticed the tactics Ahmad mentioned. A lot of long balls and too few short passes, its efficient though. It will be interesting to see how we fare against the big guys from the East the summer under Van der Lim.

Yasir, where have you been hiding?

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.