Discussion Starter #1
Date: 27/12/2003
Time: 5:30 PM Kuwait time

My prediction: Bahrain 1 Qatar 1

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
What an incredibly boring match...

Useless long balls galore...and what an atmosphere at the stadium :D.

Bahrain had most of the possession but created little if any clear cut goalscoring opportunities, and Qatar played on the counter the few occasions they had the ball and looked more dangerous going forward. Well comparatively speaking of course, which means they pretty much did nothing too...

Bahrain's Talal Yusuf had some nice touches even if they didn't result in anything and Bahrain's no. 10 had some good ideas but his passing was woeful.

All in all, a major borefest and neither team deserved to win.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
What do you expect when you watch Qatar play? :D
They invented the 8-1-1 formation :rollani:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think Bahrain was not that bad, especially in the last few minutes. They missed sitters. Qatar on the other hand was a huge disappointment. But then, teams that sign Troussier usually do bad the first year or two.

Troussier had short spells in Tunisia and Morocco and was deemed unfit to coach Arabs. He is bossy and extremely arrogant. These traits did not cause problems in Japan, but in the Gulf its a different story! I expect him to clash with some players sooner or later. Especially with players from the Afro-Qatari legion!

·
International
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:yawn:

Number 10 was Mohammed Salmeen, I can pass beter than him. Player of the match IMO was the defender, Abdulla AlMarzoogi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts