Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: 1/1/2004
Time: 5:30 PM Kuwait time

I don't have time to post much, but I hope our Saudi friends are ready to get their ass kicked! ;)

·
Registered
57,614 Posts
Who's playing well ? Both sides aren't playing football. This pitch can't be a football pitch. I've watched the 1st half and that's it. That's enough for me. The players can't control the friggin ball everytime they get it.

Bahrain are "playing" with heart. They want this win more than the Saudis. That's all I can say.

Crappy match, untill now :yuck:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nerazzuri4life,

The second Half was a totally different story. I think our NT is playing it smart. Winning the GC depends more on conserving strength, avoiding injuries and suspensions than anything else. It is very difficult to play six competitive matches in two weeks. Some times there is only 48 hours between two matches. Our gameplan worked and Bahrain were clearly losing strength in the 2nd half. We could have easily won 3-0. However, the turning point of the match was when Salman Issa left the field late in the 1st half (I hope he's not seriously injured). From then on, Bahrain lost 50% of its fire power.

This match saw the birth of Yasser Al-Gahtani. This is the first time I see him, and man is he skilled! He can do everything an attacker is supposed to do. If only he was a few inches taller.

Having said that, we still have problems in the midfield. The players can't control the ball and there is no fluid buildups. But after watching almost 10 GC's I have learned not to judge our performance since we have never played well in any of them. We have won Asian cups, qualified to the WC playing brilliantly with the same players and coaches that failed miserably in the GC in that same year!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats to Saudi. :)

Bahrain were slightly better in the first half but in the second half Saudi were much better and totally deserved to win. Yasser Al Gahtani scored a beautiful bicycle kick which the ref ruled out for a non-existant foul in the second half.

Bahrain had their chances in the first half, but 3ala2 7obail missed some great chances but like Dossary said, after Salman Isa's injury, it was a totally different game, thanks to the brilliant subtituion of bringing on Basel Sultan instead of someone like Ahmed 7assan..

MOTM - Yasser Al Gahtani, he had a great game! Hit the post with a nice shot from just outside the area in the first 15 secs, scored with a sweet bicycle kick and was also involved in the build up for the goal(what a shot by Suwaied! :eek: )

Oh well, I better get used to losing to Saudi... :dontcare:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The whole tournament is crap. if it is up to me I would have burnt the TV since the 1st match. Honestly, the only team enjoys me is Oman, I like those boys, reminds me of Jordan :D

Kuwait and UAE are awfully low class teams Bahrain and Qatar come second and Saudi Arabia are not convincing so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts