Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Yes, Ze, Guga's actually one of my fav tennis players!I like him very much!Its good to see that beautiful green and blue flag with the words "Ordem em progresso" hanging in the Roland Garros stadiums! Forza GUGA!
Before the tournament, i bet that among the possible winners
not to be surprised if Pierce and Guga were present!:)And guess what?Pierce won and GUGA is on his way of getting his second title in Paris...I should have bet some money on them...

T

·
0 Posts
I really like this guy...Not because he is brazilian...I just like him...I watched him first at french open a few years ago...He won it..he really caught my eye...I like his style and demeanor...Some of the people think he is a little crazy but I like him...people like him make tennis fun...he seems like a really down to earth guy too...good luck to him...I will cheer for him tommorow..

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Yes Guga won!And he largely deserved it!But he played with the nerves of everyone a lot!11 match points!I think this is a record!
Ze, is he the new #1?That would be Bellissimo!
I was watching the match and i was very nervous, i was continously zapping between Guga's game and France's match!
And they both played with my nerves but they both won deservedly!
Forza Guga!
Allez Les Bleus!

T

·
0 Posts
Yea, he did scare me...but he deserved it...Guga is number 1...That is for sure...Congrats...But he was pretty serious this game...He is usually pretty comical when he plays...But it was good to see him win...Hopes he shows up in the next Grand Slams to compete with Agassi and Sampras..

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
San Siro,
the brazilian TV showed a bit of the patying we were doing in Paris...was it any big?:) unfortunately i did not see the game...i was watching France in the Euro.

Tony, Roland Garros is Guga's speciality, so he might not be all that good in Wimbledon or in the American Open. Although he did reach the quarter finals last year, on both tournaments, and in last year in Wimbledon he had never won a game in grass in his life....and he reached the quarter finals!:)

T

·
0 Posts
Ze...How do you get Euro 2000....The idiots want like $20 dollars a game pay-per-view..

Is it on DirectTV or Dish Network??

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tony,
luckily i'm unempolyed at the moment:) and will only start at my new job on the 26th, so basically I got loads of time to go to the English pub here. I paid for the whole tournament US$125. Look up on http://www.setanta.com to see how you can order. the only big game that you missed was today's game England x Portugal, all the other ones were ok to bad!

·
Registered
405 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS TO GUGA!!!!!

I don't know why I couldn't log-in in the past few days at home, so I could only flip through the messages at school, but anyway, I'm so happy that Guga won his second Grand Slams. He deserves it~~~~~especially in the 4th set, he was so tired, his face was pale, it's like a marathon, 11 match points, Norman saved 10, but Guga finally got it. I hope he could play better in other Grand Slams as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts