Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the lads will have to be glad to be back home for the next mstch against Guetemala on Wednesday night.

3/30/2005 U.S. Men's National Team vs. Guatemala
(World Cup Qualifying - Final Round) Legion Field
(Birmingham, Ala.) Live: 7 p.m. CT on ESPN2
Delayed: 11:30 p.m. ET/PT on Telemundo

One can only hope they can get up for this game after their emotional loss to Mexico.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I think they'll be gunning in this match, they'll want to show that the loss was a fluke. I expect all three points from this match.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
US in Alabama is unbeatable ... USA 2 Guatemala 0 Lets contain the pescadito and they're done !!! :cap:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will make a bold prediction here and now. We Will not lose another match in WC qulifiers. A win Wednesday 2-0

·
94,488 Posts
PAULMAY said:
I will make a bold prediction here and now. We Will not lose another match in WC qulifiers. A win Wednesday 2-0
Copykat !!!!! :D

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Well here we go. Forza USA.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Half Time

We should easily be up by 2 or more, but we've only managed the one. However, the team does look a lot better than they did against Mexico.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
The referee is horrible, missing to many calls.

game could get ugly!

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
God, that ref was horrendous, every call went Guatemala's way. It was disgusting. Plus, that Donovan goal was good!

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Anyone seen JK around? just wondering why he hasn't shared his thoughts on these last couple of games.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Great game. We probably should have won at least 3-0, perhaps 4-0. We really moved the ball around nicely and looks like the high-altitude training over the past couple weeks has paid off. I have not seen us attack like that in a long while.

And Eddie Johnson is absolutely amazing. 8 goals in 8 matches for the United States. He really looks like the real deal and I'm excited to see him this upcoming season.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
An expected win by the US but im very surprised Mexico only got a draw vs Panama that could really hurt them later on if the US doesnt lose another game.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
How is a draw going to potentially hurt them? You mean in finishing up first in the standings? Who cares!

Both the US and Mexico have an automatic ticket to the WC. Braging rights aside, this competition is nothing but a tune-up prior to the big dance. The real battle is for 3rd with Guatemala, Costa Rica and Panama all going at it tooth and nail to get the coveted third WC slot.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Loco said:
How is a draw going to potentially hurt them? You mean in finishing up first in the standings? Who cares!
Both the US and Mexico have an automatic ticket to the WC. Braging rights aside, this competition is nothing but a tune-up prior to the big dance. The real battle is for 3rd with Guatemala, Costa Rica and Panama all going at it tooth and nail to get the coveted third WC slot.
Nevermind then i thought the 1st place team got something special :doh:

·
94,488 Posts
Ambis said:
An expected win by the US but im very surprised Mexico only got a draw vs Panama that could really hurt them later on if the US doesnt lose another game.
Well....lets nor forget that Mexico WILL not take any points in US Soil ... with that in mind the USA should finish 1st ... :cap:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts