1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sports.it/it/cmc/calcio/20044/cmc_62218.html

Rientra Roque Junior
22 01 2004

E' già terminata l'esperienza inglese del difensore brasiliano Roque Junior, il cui cartellino è ancora di proprietà del Milan. Roque Junior ha rescisso il contratto col Leeds Utd e rientra alla base. Il Milan gli cercherà una sistemazione, tra i pretendenti c'è il Siena.

Roque Junior rescinded his contract with Leeds and is now back in Milan. Milan is looking for a destination for him. Among the interested parties, Siena. I'd rather we loan him out to Siena and then, during the summer use him for an exchange with Bobo..:D

He's a good player, sometimes solid at the back, but way too much mistake-prone. Definitely not one da Milan, but could be useful on the bench and in the Coppa Italia games...

Welcome back Roque Junior! (Only if he can be used for a part exchange with Vieri...:tongue: ).

Cheers.:)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Oh! What a surprise. :dazed: Welcome back.

Heard Hamburg of Germany was interested. Although, one can always count on Inter. :D

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Actually, I feel for the guy somehow. He is a very good player and a WC with Brazil. Quite misfortunate to be on the receiving end all the time. I still cant forget what was may be the only sad image in our camp in the Manchester final and afterwards. he gave his all, and he was extremely solid in the game, but then the injury came. Still he stayed on, played injured while he was in pain. When it was all over I didn’t see single player having huge respect and gratitude for RJ. Even more so, if you look at the VIDEO from gazzetta in my signature that is shot from behind the scene, it is obvious how RJ come son and is looking for a place and no one congratulates him, he stays there alone until one, I think Kaladze, but not sure, finally hugged him ...
:(

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
bono said:
Actually, I feel for the guy somehow. He is a very good player and a WC with Brazil.

I really hate it when people talk about Roque Junior and use his being on the winning Brazil side as some sort of proof that the guy doesn't suck. Brazil won the Cup DESPITE RJ, not because of him. Just watch a tape of England-Brazil and the guy makes Heskey look good!!! :howler:

I could have played center back for Brazil and they'd still have won the cup. Sure doesnt make me f*cking world class. ;)

That said, because people actually put weight on his winning a title with Brazil, I'm sure we can get something in trade for him. Maybe the Milanello needs a new washer/dryer combo or something. HA!!! :D

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I'm sure he wouldn't care if people think he is world class, because how many players have both a World Cup and Champions League medal?

Not even Maldini does.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Dae said:
Just watch a tape of England-Brazil and the guy makes Heskey look good!!!:howler:
Ask Liverpool fans and they'll say, "Just watch a tape of England-Brazil and the guy(Heskey) makes Roque look good!!!"
What a classic case!:eekani: Very much like da chicken or egg dilemna!!!:dazed:

:howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
BWahahahaha!!!!! Now that's funny. :D

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
:howler: :howler: pRiNcE

Remember the ceremony and celebrations of the world cup, Roque took over the show, celebrated it as if he´d won it single-handed, refused to let go of the trophy? :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I have to admit that at one point I was a supporter of RJ for the mere fact that I felt his mental game would eventually catch up with his athleticism and technique. I don't think anybody would argue with his physical attributes. However, little did I know that it would come to light that RJ has little to no footballing brain and thus will be a tactical simpleton forever. sigh. :sob: ;) :D

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Dae said:
I really hate it when people talk about Roque Junior and use his being on the winning Brazil side as some sort of proof that the guy doesn't suck. Brazil won the Cup DESPITE RJ, not because of him. Just watch a tape of England-Brazil and the guy makes Heskey look good!!! :howler:

I could have played center back for Brazil and they'd still have won the cup. Sure doesnt make me f*cking world class. ;)

That said, because people actually put weight on his winning a title with Brazil, I'm sure we can get something in trade for him. Maybe the Milanello needs a new washer/dryer combo or something. HA!!! :D
AMEN!

i have always siad that.

if you wanna see hesky look good, watch him vs brazil, he is prolly the best striker on earth.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Haha. I was waiting for you to read that, Lav. I know you've been saying the same since WC 2002. :D

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
bono said:
Actually, I feel for the guy somehow. He is a very good player and a WC with Brazil. Quite misfortunate to be on the receiving end all the time. I still cant forget what was may be the only sad image in our camp in the Manchester final and afterwards. he gave his all, and he was extremely solid in the game, but then the injury came. Still he stayed on, played injured while he was in pain. When it was all over I didn’t see single player having huge respect and gratitude for RJ. Even more so, if you look at the VIDEO from gazzetta in my signature that is shot from behind the scene, it is obvious how RJ come son and is looking for a place and no one congratulates him, he stays there alone until one, I think Kaladze, but not sure, finally hugged him ...
:(
Poor guy.

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
:D ... I know.
Bono made it look like a sad story though.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
RJ should have been outloned to Siena in the first place, then we would have got some Serie A experience, how many games did he played for us, 10? :tongue:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Dae said:
Haha. I was waiting for you to read that, Lav. I know you've been saying the same since WC 2002. :D
:D u know me well?

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
He sure never played good for us, but on the plus side he has that phrase "World Cup Winner" attached to his name forever, just like Gena Davis has the phrase "Oscar Winner" attached to her's, and no idiot brain dead performance by either of them (for Milan/Leeds or in Cutthroat Island) will ever take that away. Kinda brings a tear to your eye...;)

RIO

·
Registered
57,839 Posts
The lad had a great match against Inter. You should recall him from loan..NOW. :star:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts