Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you rate him?

For me he is one of the most underrated players out there, hard to find a smarter player. Mourinho plays him practically everywhere in attack and midfield, and he excells wherever he plays. Against Barca he was clearly the best Chelsea player.

What's your verdict?

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Agreed.
One of the few players i respect at Chelsea if not the only one.
His attitude also deserves a mention. He always works hard for the team and doesn't complain even if the likes of Drogba and Crespo are ahead of him.

BTW he was not Chelsea's best player against Barca. Makelele was far more impressive.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carles said:
BTW he was not Chelsea's best player against Barca. Makelele was far more impressive.
I don't agree. Gudjohsen ran his ass of, and everything they did create came from his feet.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Hasuni said:
I don't agree. Gudjohsen ran his ass of, and everything they did create came from his feet.
Well the number of balls Makelele recovered was just incredible. And it was even more difficult with 10 players on the pitch.
He was like a vacuum cleaner.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Gudjohnsen along with Cole had he have played the full 90 would have been the only 2 offensive players i would have feared. Gudjohnsen is incredibly clever, smartest footballing brain Chelsea have by far

·
Registered
467 Posts
Don't tell anyone but he used to play for Big Sam's bullyboys, Bolton :sweeteye: . Big Sam made him the player he is today. ;)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Didn´t know that he used to play for Bolton, always thought he went to Chelsea straight from Iceland! Great player and one of the Chelsea players I admire!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
NEO said:
Didn´t know that he used to play for Bolton, always thought he went to Chelsea straight from Iceland! Great player and one of the Chelsea players I admire!
he played for PSV and was supposed to be the next big thing, but i think he had some terrible injury and Fat Sam picked him up for next to nothing.

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
Red Bed said:
He is top class, better than over-hyped players like Guti and Robben.
Come on, Robben's one of Europe's best players.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
great player who should be ahead of Drogba, I think Morinho is wasteing his talent by placing him in midfield.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts