Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea star Eidur can be better than Van Nistelrooy, Henry
By Thordur Sigfusson - March 31, 2004

Sky's football expert Andy Gray has described Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnsen as the most talented player in English football.
Speaking on an Icelandic football show on Sunday, Gray said, "Eidur is an unbelievably talented player who can get everything he wants from the game if he really wants to.

"I was speaking to Sam Allardyce the other week and he thinks Eidur can be just as good if not better than van Nistelrooy, Henry and Owen.

"The only thing that is stopping the boy is his attitude - he needs to work harder."

I agree with this in parts. Technically he is ahead of both, although he doesn;t have the killer speed that Henry has. Also Eidur is more of a 2nd striker, rather than a 1st. Still he is very very talented and could be one of the worlds best. Just lose some weight... and improve your work ethich (which you have been doing) and you will be even more of a star :star: :star: :star: :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I like Gudjohnsen but he is not and will never be better than either Henry or RVN. Realistically.

Unless he explodes in a tottaly unpredictable way.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Gudjohnsen better than Henry and Van Nistelrooy?

:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
yeah, hes not a pure goal scorer, hes got great feet and technique....he''d have to be damn near Bergkamp in his prime to be better then Henry and the amount of speed the guy has....RVN ?? not yet either...totally different types of players though.. i like Gudjohnson though. hes good and strong...him and Crespo might work well if they had time together.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Better than Henry and RVN , he has to kill them and take there skills to ever be as good as them , he isnt even on the same page as them , open a thread that makes sence. Beatie is better than Gudjonsen , hes played less matches and scored more.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I like Gudjonnssen,he is good technicaly,but he is light years behind Bergkamp in that department.

he is in the second tier of forwards,he will never be great but always just very good. ;)

I wonder if Roman would swap RvN or Henry for Gud ? :howler:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Crespo is better than RVN but not as good as Henry.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
wtf has crespo does these past few years to be considered in front of ruud....he is miles behind ruud....he is living on past reputation

he scores goals, and shows glimpses of the player he was, but he isnt half the player he once was as he always fades away, while ruud in the last few years has been superb

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
This year Ruud has been poor , crespo is a Finisher , i think hes better than RVN , Look at the 2nd goal he scored yesterday , amazing.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
ldorisca24 said:
RVN does not have the skills that Crespo has. Crespo can score easily outside the box, but RVN will struggle to score outside the box.
umm, he scores just as many inside the box. I very much doub't man u fans would be too bothered about where RVN scores his goals from.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
^ true, but on bad day Crespo can pull that rabbit out of his ass while RvN probably cant.

Personally I'd rather have RvN right now. He needs A LOT of support it seems though. Just look as this year, he has suffered with out the same level of play behind from Giggs, Becks, and the long absense of Scholes.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
I like Gudjohnsen but he is not and will never be better than either Henry or RVN. Realistically.

Unless he explodes in a tottaly unpredictable way.
Agreed. Very good but not Herny/VNR class.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts