Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of this two players. Is their time up and they should move on to other teams. Surely there are some players from the junior team who can offer what this guys offer (or even more). Your thoughts

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Guddy should leave and about Keita i think we need him he's good player.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I think Gudjohnson's time is just about up. For whatever reason it just hasn't worked out here like people would have hoped. I don't understand it personally, he always looked just like the kind of player who would slot in here. Excellent finisher, versatile, decent passer, but at Barca he looks heavy and slow, unsure of himself.

Keita is a good squad player to have, another guy to cover in midfield. I'd keep him around.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,937 Posts
Keita is a very good player . No way we should let him go.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
My opinion doesn't differ much. Gudjohnsen should leave next June, he has no future in this club and he didn't offer anything to this team. He just doesn't reach the required level.

About Keita, I don't know why he's questioned. He has done what he was supposed to do. It's useless to compare him with Iniesta or Xavi, since we already knew he was not like them. He adds muscle and he is a team player that adds dinamism to our game too. Besides, he has already shown that he's quite dangerous coming from the 2nd line with his headers. He adds something different and I'm happy with his contribution, knowing that he's mainly a back up player.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
Guddy actually start this season with a couple of good performance coming from the bench, scored some goals too.. But after a while his level drops and never seems to get things right again.
Can't complain much about Keita i guess. We'll need cover for midfield with his and Toure's gone to the ANC next season.

·
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
7,425 Posts
Even I admit Gudjohnsen has lost form, and I'm a fan of his. He should move on this summer after a solid but not great season in support. Keita has at least 2 more seasons in his boots of top football however, would be idiotic to sell him unless there is a guaranteed better replacement.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Dont know about Guddy, definitely lacks some quality but he does understand his place in the team and has had a few good games. There will be new midfielder brought in in the summer surely but dont know if we should get rid of Guddy as of yet. He has had good games as a impact player and brings us muscle when needed.

Though if a decent offer comes along, no need to keep him either.

Keita has been pretty good for us. Done what expected so definitely a keeper.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Keita is to stay, for sure. He had shut down many treats quietly at the left side and practically there was no team that used that side to harm us. Contrary to our pre-season fears that the left side is the weak one, he made it be exceptionally stable. Additionally, defensive headers, defensive-midfield headers, goals from time to time (some crucial), labor, discipline, faith, determination...

Keite is a great addition, we shouldn't lose him.

About Guddy, I like him and I'm grateful for his games so far, but I think he should go further in his career. Not enough pace and rhythm for Spanish League.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I think Hleb should be discussed as well.
What a disappointment.

Keita should stay. He provides options and depth and accepts the fact that he won't be starting every game.
Gudjohnsen I dont see him staying beyond this season. He's a real professional and I respect him for that and he hasn't added much although he did give us a couple of winning goals so thats good but not quite good enough.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Hleb's greatest flaw is Iniesta. Hleb is worth 16, Iniesta 60. It's just not fair that Hleb has to compete without too much match rhythm with a player that is going to be part of the history of the game.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,937 Posts
I think if Hleb gets another year , he'll prove all of us wrong. I agree he has been bad , but there have been some flashes of the talent he has. An extended run in the team wouldn't hurt either. Thought he'd get games towards the end of the season. But with the league running so neck to neck , there no room for experimentation. I hope he starts against Bayern.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
We got talent in La Masia, we can project good future seasons on them, not Hlebs and Petits, or... van Persies. With transfers, we need immediate impact.

I agree that waiting was worthwhile in Henry's case, but it was painful. And it was probably Pep related, which stands for Hleb, too. He has Pep, too, but seems very complex for him to get into the style. He's quick, clever, dribbles, fights... but still not the right blood type.

He won't make any impact in our future. Nothing crucial or decisive if we win sth or not. If he wants to do any impact in his own future, a split is better for both sides. Barca will find a bloodmate.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think Hleb lacks confidence and he must focus in recovering self-esteem. I think he can be a useful player. I think he has talent and we must take into consideration that some people need some time to adapt. Obviously, if someone presents a good offer for him, I'd think about it. If not, I think he can do well next season, but he needs to trust in himself.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I see Keita's role as providing extra steel. Since we're killing everyone anyway, he hasn't been required all that often. He is very clearly the #2 DM, and will compete to be the #1 DM with Yaya next year.

Guddy - that he can be vice-Xavi, vice-Iniesta, vice-vice-vice-vice-Messi, vice-vice-Eto'o and vice-Henry is very useful. Until someone from La Masia is ready, Guddy is a logical squad member.

Hleb - his problem is that when he plays, either Iniesta or Messi isn't playing. Talk about shoes to fill.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts