Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Gazzetta Dello Sport last week Prandelli was at Piacenza's game checking out Matuzalem and Guardalben. While whether Matuzalem will spend one more season on loan or return to Parma is unclear, Guardalben will replace Taffarel as Parma's second goalkeeper next season. Parma will allow Taffarel to return to Brazil with Atletico Mineiro. Prandelli originally wanted Venezia's and Italy's U-21 goalkeeper Generoso Rossi, a player he launched in Venezia, but the asking price was considered too big for a second goalkeeper and hence Parma will take back Guardalben. Guardalben is co-owned by Piacenza and Parma and his price will be considerably smaller. Alfonso De Lucia will be the third goalkeeper.

In case something surprising happens and Frey gets sold, Parma could return for Rossi and let him and Guardalben fight it out for the starting spot. But thats unlikely.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I think that it`s unfair to guardelben. He is a very good keeper and deserves better than that. Look at him in Piachenza , he is doing very good. In my opinion De Lucia can be the second keeper. He is young and talented. A new Buffon!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That he is 18 and plays for Parma doesnt mean he is the new Buffon. Come on, we cant trust someone so unexperienced unless he is ultra-extra talented like Buffon. I suppose he'll spend one more season as 3rd goalkeeper and then go on loan or get his chance with Parma...

We have Frey.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sounds good
Looks like some intelligent buying, hopefully this will mean the end of the last few years of cockups :)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
ak said:
Sounds good
Looks like some intelligent buying, hopefully this will mean the end of the last few years of cockups :)
Guardalben back is really a good solution for a backup keeper!:)
He knows Parma and is pretty good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts