Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked at what Robert de Niro's currently working on.

Analyze That
Meet the Fokkers

Why?
He's getting as sad as Marlon Brando.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Well, both are sequels to light comedies that went well in the box office. I suppose he must be getting a good money for these jobs, that probably are far less demanding than actually having to build a new character for a serious dramatic role. Easy money, y'know? Let's not judge him too harshly, dubh-ban. :)

And actually I thought the mobster from "Analyze This" was a great character he created. Was it yet another gangster in his career? Yes. But we can't really say it was the same as the gangster in "Goodfellas" or stuff like that. A very funny construction IMO - not a superb performance, not an Oscar-winner - but hey, if he doesn't mind, why should we?

DeNiro may be just sick of "dense" roles, or just isn't finding any interesting ones. He's been there, he's done that, he's rich and not interested in accepting "dense" parts just to be "serious". If he doesn't like the dramatic parts he's offered, hey, those are some good humor roles he's working on.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, who knows, one of them might turn out to be the best sequel since Godfather II.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
There is really a sequel to Analyze This?:cool:

I never heard about it:dazed:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts