Xtratime Community banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
59,061 Posts
When was the last time (other than today) Belgium was robbed when playing against Brazil?
World cup 2002. A perfectly legitimate Marc Wilmots goal against them ruled out for no reason. Would have put them 1-0 ahead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwjQqXu_IM

nudge my ass

Must be said, the Hernanes goal was a great goal but after such a valiant effort and now to go to the next 2 games without Felliani and Kompany, 2 of their best players, you cannot but feel sorry for the Belgians. I hope and think they should still go through though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
If a team has 18 guys that can´t make(create) a play, pass, drible...the fate is to lose for the bigs, always. Also force the players to read the rule´s book to avoid childish red cards(I just feel sorry for the tall guy with a afro, did nothing to see that red card)....
i don't think Brasil was a lot better... do you?? the impact by the referee was too big :thmbdown:

BTW, your city is wonderfull, one of the most beautifull places that I saw...

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I think the ref tried to help the home team rather than helping Brazil. Belgium next game is against China and those 2 players will be badly missed for them. Korea 2002 all over again? It's disgusting seeing those crappy referees ruining every tournament.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Awful refereeing. Even if the last sending off doesn't help Brazil in this particular game it certainly harms Belgium greatly to have two of their top players suspended for the next game. Even if Brazil somewhat deserved the win, the referee was clearly the MotM and that shouldn't happen and that's why it was a farcical game. Also bora baea, I'm not sure which game you were watching, but Kompany definitely didn't grab hold of the jersey. He nudged Diego, maybe even pushed him, but there was definitely no tugging of the jersey involved. He ran right by Diego and made contact with him. Debatable yellow card.

God and if you watch the highlights while Kompany is being sent off look at that little smirk on the ref's face! Unbelievable!

EDIT: Also, referees tend to be inclined to favor big teams and/or the home crowd. Having a copy of the rulebook is one thing, but that doesn't explain alot of the tendencies of referees to do the things they do. To be a referee at a high level of the game is a very difficult thing, you get no respect for it, and thusly you see some rather interesting people doing it.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Well, at least no one can complain about the referee in the China vs New Zealand match. It was a perfectly reasonable decision to give Steven Old a second yellow card in the 37th minute after an unintentional handball, and I'm sure the ref didn't even consider how much it would help China.

1-1 in the end, after NZ had taken the lead in the 53rd minute with only 10 men.

"I would like to thank the Shenyang fans for supporting us despite the difficult situation we were in,'' China coach Yin Tiesheng said
"Difficult situation" is right. What was the ref thinking allowing New Zealand to end the match with 10 men on the pitch? Hopefully in China's next game the opposition will be down to around 8 or 9 players by half time.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
The second red card was hilarious, Rafinha should get a 3 year suspension for that dive.

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
Everytime Brazil wins, is always with refs help, right? The same pathetic excuses...:rollani:
Well I can't help it that the last 2 times Belgium played you the ref was playing for you. Same thing happened in your WC match against Australia in 06 - Merk couldn't have been more obvious if he tried.

For me this is not a Brazil thing of course (Heinze not being sent off against Mexico in 06 is also a perfect example), but especially in tournaments like these (much, much more than in European club football) you get the impression certain countries need to do well and the refs can't hide their intentions. We've seen this over and over again. Now be a man and accept it instead of coming up with those excuses of excuses. It's so easy to say a push or whatever means a yellow when only players of the other team get to see the card.

Otherwise there is no need for you to look down on our ability. Your population is 18 times bigger than ours and if it wasn't for the ref, you simply wouldn't have beaten our team who can't play, pass etc... in the last 2 matches.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Felliani deserved to be sent off for having the worst afro ever.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
"Difficult situation" is right. What was the ref thinking allowing New Zealand to end the match with 10 men on the pitch? Hopefully in China's next game the opposition will be down to around 8 or 9 players by half time.

errr...actually China got 2 players sent off against Belgium and played with 2 men down for about 30 minutes of the game.

There goes another conspiration theory down the drain.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Anyone got a striker for us ? We'll need it against Italy :D

Damn, with some luck (1 ball at the post, 2 at the crossbar), and some skill we would have won 5 or 6-0 today :howler:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts