Which two teams will advance?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spain (UEFA Group Winner / 14TH APP)
Netherlands (UEFA Group Winner / 10TH APP)
Chile (CONMEBOL Round Robin 3rd place / 9TH APP)
Australia (Second place in AFC Group / 4TH APP)

Previous World Cup Meetings

Spain v Netherlands: 2010, final: Spain 1–0 (aet) Netherlands

Chile v Australia: 1974, group stage: Chile 0–0 Australia

Spain v Chile: 1950, group stage: Spain 2–0 Chile / 2010, group stage: Spain 2–1 Chile

Schedule:

ROUND 1:

June 13 - Spain VS Netherlands (Arena Fonte Nova)

June 13 - Chile VS Australia (Arena Pantanal)

ROUND 2:

June 18 - Australia VS Netherlands (Estadio Beira-Rio)

June 18 - Spain VS Chile (Estadio do Maracana)

ROUND 3:

June 23 - Australia VS Spain (Arena de Baxaida)

June 23 - Neterlands VS Chile (Arena de Sao Paolo)

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
The Netherlands I think will the top the group. I can see them beating Spain this time around as Spain won't be be as good as it was in 2010.

The Spain Chile match is going to be intense if both teams bring their best football, but I think somehow Spain will get that 2nd spot and prevent Chile from entering the round of 16.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,475 Posts
The Netherlands I think will the top the group. I can see them beating Spain this time around as Spain won't be be as good as it was in 2010.

The Spain Chile match is going to be intense if both teams bring their best football, but I think somehow Spain will get that 2nd spot and prevent Chile from entering the round of 16.
Spain has the FIFA Referees in their pockets !!Just look again at the game in S Africa !!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Hah. And Netherlands is? They're far worse.

Spain has the FIFA Referees in their pockets !!Just look again at the game in S Africa !!!
Indeed, Howard Webb spent all match favoring Spain...

Spain should win this group, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Chile beat the Netherlands to 2nd place.

·
Don
902 Posts

And Holland has improved? They've regressed everywhere except RvP, Robben and in goal.

·
Don
902 Posts
Spain IMO, especially if they intergrate Diego Costa will win this group. Strong in goal, strong in defense, incomparable in midfield and a selection of strikers hitting form (Diego Costa, Villa, Negredo and to a lesser extent Llorente).
Netherlands vs Chile is aptly the decider here, and all things considered it's very close.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
What is Chile's line-up?

with Iniesta and Xavi looking a bit past-it against Bilbao and Ajax, should we take it for granted that Spain will finish first?

It's a real interesting group.

·
Don
902 Posts
What is Chile's line-up?

with Iniesta and Xavi looking a bit past-it against Bilbao and Ajax, should we take it for granted that Spain will finish first?

It's a real interesting group.
I think these two are suffering most from Martino's tweaks but Iniesta is far from past it. Xavi might be however. If they revert to their double pivot (Busquets and Alonso/Javi) however they'll be fine (dull but fine). With Xavi slowing they cant play only one DM, as exposed by Brazil.

·
Registered
59,062 Posts
I'd like to see the Spanish u23 boys from last summer get in. That'd make them more interesting to watch.

Regarding Holland, only 3 players are certain starters. RVP, Robben and Strootman. Lens, Blind and Janmaat have a good chance of starting but all other places are up for grabs. Lesser known players like Davy Klaassen or Jordy Clasie might even get in before Sneijder or Nigel de Jong. Defence remains a problem though. I can only take Vlaar and Martins Indi seriously and they're only midtable premiership material. Rest like de Vrij or Bruma :)scared: ) can be terrible. Bruma probably is one of the dumbest defenders I have ever seen while on the wing, Janmaat and Blind can be beaten by pace.

·
94,475 Posts
1. Spain
2. Netherlands
3. Chile
4. Australia
That IS the FIFA Scenario, and that is WHY this crap is Fixed.:finger::yess:

The Day Copper prices got thru the roof and Chile can BRIVE FIFA, the story will be all different.

C Ya

For now the so called Football World Powers can keep enjoying themselves with the FIFA Bigots.

·
94,475 Posts
I would like to see Chile advancing and I will cheer for them with all my heart, but unfortunately I don't really see them passing :(
Of course NOT, it's NOT in FIFA's BEST Interests :scared: we DONT have enough money to be laundered thru them.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
I can't wait the World Cup to start just to see Chile being kicked out by Spain and Holland. In normal circumstances I would actually like to see them win this group but I guess that will be the only way for this sub-forum to be free from this demented.

·
94,475 Posts
I can't wait the World Cup to start just to see Chile being kicked out by Spain and Holland. In normal circumstances I would actually like to see them win this group but I guess that will be the only way for this sub-forum to be free from this demented.
Thanxs Buddy !!!! :thumbsup: You're one helluva a Guy !!!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts