·
The Parameter
4,309 Posts
Neuer
Debuchy--Lovren--Luiz--Vertonghen--Azpi
Bus--Fab
James--Özil
Mandzu​

Tactics: My team will play a modern ball-possession play with a lot of emphasis on triangulation and vertigo. My midfield play an important ultra-modern total-balance role assuring my team has a man's advantage on all 7 major sectors of the pitch. Neuer will play an advanced combination of modern Euro-style libero-play and air-goalkeeping. This allows my defense to play a medium-high articulate frontal-stop pairing that will asphyxiate the playing-space of the enemy attack. My fullbacks play an attacking post-modern wing-back game that allows them to occupy the entire outer-rim and allow my crypto-playmakers to combine with my line of False-10 and double-pivot quatroquartistas to form a magic pentagram in the upper-midfield. My semi-lynchpin slash false-quarterback Fab will be in charge of all set-pieces and balancing of the vertigo.

Analysis: Straightforward win for me as I overplay Pav's midfield. His runners will tire as my midfield overman and overplay them. As icing on the cake Luiz or Vertonghen will move up to help out in smothering any rare enemy attacks from the midfield. Either can also surge forward to give an extra man in attack. Pav has no ball-winners, so his counter-attacks will be few and far-between. Either way my defence is well-stacked to deal with his admittedly impressive attack. On the other end Mandzu can out-elbow Chiellini and easily outwrestle that little nancy Barza.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
Original tactics:

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=16702785&postcount=14

Changes from original tactics:

- Beto will sub in for Sirigu.

- Matuidi in for Strootman. He'll play a more defensive B2B role as Harokin stacked his attacking players centrally, leaving the flanks to be dominated.

- Maxwell will start again for me in place of Mathieu as Harokin is playing a narrow formation with only two flank players. Maxwell will play the usual role he plays at PSG where he's the less advanced and more watchful of the two FBs but more advanced and more committed to overlaps than the more conservative role I gave Mathieu in the original tactics.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
I should dominate the flanks. He's playing only two flank players, not even as WBs but FBs, and one of FBs (Azpi) isn't very attacking. He plays more of the conservative FB role and doesn't overlap much. Lovren and David Luiz are weak points in Harokin's defense. Suarez should dominate Lovren and David Luiz.

Ozil isn't very good these days, and he'll be injured for a long time. That's not his best role/position either. Busquets has been shit this season. That was always going to be the case with him in a non-tiki-taka system. Here, it's worse for him as he isn't playing in between two CMs.

Bus-Fab mid is a bit light. Biscuits doesn't have the workrate of Matic, and Fabregas isn't very good defensively. That's why Mourinho opts to play Fab at AM and another CM in bigger matches.

In the battle of Kroos vs Fabegras, Kroos should be both the better attacker and the better defender.

Lastly, 5-2-2-1 is a weird formation. Harokin's team has virtually no width, which means not only will he not produce any threat from out wide but also that he will be cramped for space in the middle without stretching my defense by penetrating out wide.

With the ball, I should enjoy plenty of space in midfield. Either I'll have wide open lanes on both flanks, or the quartet behind Mandzukic (or I should say trio because Ozil can't defend; Harokin didn't instruct James to defend either) will stretch out and offer space in the middle. When I enter Harokin's third, I'll face a wall off five except the wall has two holes in the form of Lovren and David Luiz. And my FBs will double up with my wingers against his lone FBs.

·
The Parameter
4,309 Posts
Pav has proven to possess massive tactical deficiencies. All his tactics are based on what my formation looks like on paper and fails to take into account the tactical flexibility of my players and system. Thus, when my FBs attack or my AMs move out wide he will be taken completely by surprise. He also assumes Bus-Fab are in the midfield by themselves and thus failed to make note of my tactic of Luiz or Vertonghen helping out in midfield.

To spell it out to the morons: this isn't the 60s where a guy playing a certain position is stuck in his office for the entire game. In modern football players move around the pitch all the time and the actual formation means very little. The formation could just as well have been drawn as:

Neuer
Debuchy--Lovren--Vertonghen--Azpi
Luiz--Bus
Fab
James--Mandzu--Özil​

Pav has been caught formation-spotting and clearly fails to take into account any tactical flexibility which gives me a massive, MASSIVE advantage.

Other observations:
Pav has the flanks? Who gives a crap? I have the middle and I have the ball. His midfield is a bunch of random runners with far less skill than mine. WTF is a defensive B2B? Get outta here! I'm glad he's playing all his best guys wide. They'll stay stuck there against my reinforced defence even in the off chance they'll ever see the ball. By Pav's own admission Ribery also won't be receiving any help from Maxwell, who will be completely superfluous in this game.

Pav's defence is full of Juve hacks who embarrass themselves annually when the important CL-games begin. This isn't some random Livorno game with a Chiellini butt buddy reffing. James alone will rip these comfort-zone cabinet-greats to shreds.

Who the hell is Beto? Playing this clown will give me at the very least a goal advantage. My reinforced defence is marshalled by the finest goalkeeper in history.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Pav's team is the clear winner here. Lovren and Vertonghen is an awful, mistake prone CB pairing, whilst James, Fabregas, and Ozil are all being played out of position. The Luiz-Busi combo makes little sense either in this kind of game. The wide threats and good movement of pav's midfield will see him through here.

pavnedved 2-0 Harokin - Bale, Suarez

·
Registered
958 Posts
Pav's team is the clear winner here. Lovren and Vertonghen is an awful, mistake prone CB pairing, whilst James, Fabregas, and Ozil are all being played out of position. The Luiz-Busi combo makes little sense either in this kind of game. The wide threats and good movement of pav's midfield will see him through here.

pavnedved 2-0 Harokin - Bale, Suarez
James played by the right in the Monaco some times... also in Real Madrid played by the right constantly... Fábregas can play in that role without any problem... Özil I think has ben played in some match by the left in Arsenal but I don't sure, anyway I think Özil isn't in his natural position.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
pav 3-2 harokin

pav can you place your team propery on the thread, cause it is extremely annoing to have to look at another tab

harokin packs his defense, but lovren is awful, he has been shambolic for liverpool

pav's team has a nice attack, his midfield is nice and all, but too light weight. so harokin will be able to score some goals in there

Obs: i am voting to what i think ok. properly fair

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
Pav 2 - 1 Harokin

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Tough call here. I'm not convinced by Harokin's formation, though the revision helps. Still he's got some quality and the defense won't be steamrolled. I also rate Rodriguez quite highly and I can see him controlling possession, but I would have likely had Pirlo in there. Of course he'll be subbed on early in the second half. Pav's defense is pretty good, but not great. However in attack he's got multiple threats, but Suarez is the main one. Anyway, as I said, tough to call.

pavndeved 1 (Suarez) - Harokin 1 (Rodriguez)

·
Registered
825 Posts
pavndeved 2-1 Harokin

Haro would dominate the midfield battle and possession but Pav's attack is simply too good for Haro's defence. Mandzukic would trouble Chiellini and Barzagli. As would James from the right. But, not at all sure about Ozil out wide. He has played a few games out there and has looked quite lethargic. Someone else out wide there and Haro could have even won the match.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts