Which two teams will advance?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BRAZIL (via host nation / 20th APP)
MEXICO (via CONCACAF-OFC Play-Off / 15th APP)
CROATIA (via UEFA Play-Off / 4th APP)
CAMEROON (via CAF Play-Off / 7th APP)

Previous FIFA World Cup meetings:

Brazil v Cameroon:
1994, group stage: Brazil 3–0 Cameroon

Brazil v Croatia:
2006, group stage: Brazil 1–0 Croatia

Brazil v Mexico:
1950, group stage: Brazil 4–0 Mexico
1954, group stage: Brazil 5–0 Mexico
1962, group stage: Brazil 2–0 Mexico

Croatia v Mexico: 2002, group stage: Croatia 0–1 Mexico

Schedule:

Round 1:

June 12 (OPENER) - Brazil VS Croatia (Arena de Sao Paolo)

June 13 - Mexico VS Cameroon (Arena da Dunas)

Round 2:

June 17 - Brazil VS Mexico (Estadio Castelao)

June 18 - Cameroon VS Croatia (Arena Amazonia)

Round 3:

June 23 - Cameroon VS Brazil (Estadio Nacional Mane Garrincha)

June 23 - Croatia VS Mexico (Arena Pernambuco)

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
ok, Brazil shouldn't have any problems here. for the second place I guess it will be between Croatia and Mexico. I would give Croatia a slight advantage as Mexico is in awful form, theres plenty of time till june but unless they get much better they can forget about advancing. Cameroon has a solid team but still I cant see them getting anything from Croatia, though they can beat Mexico at this moment.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
mexico team has got a lot of issues...dunno if they can sort it out in 6 months

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Brazil should have fun with this group. They're a no brainer.

Cameroon I'm not sold into, I think their only purpose in this group stage is just to ruin the chance for the round of 16 for one of Mexico or Croatia as I don't see them advancing themselves.

Mexico and Croatia both have a bit of a crisis ESPECIALLY Mexico who looks piss poor for their usually high standards.

Mexico's lineup also doesn't look as convincing as 2010 so I think Croatia has hopes especially if a hungry Mandzukic shows up and powers through their inconsistent brainfarting defenders.

·
Don
902 Posts
Brazil should win this group comfortably I reckon.
In 2nd place I'd like it to be Cameroon but I wouldnt put my money on it. Croatia are the most talented (Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic, Srna) and Mexico will be the most acclimatised especially if the new coach sticks to local based players.

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
9 pts for Brazil but after that it's a toss-up between the three.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,476 Posts
Mexicans, just like Colombia have DROPPED tons of NARCO Dollars to FIFA.

The Refs will make sure they advance.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If Niko Kovac wasn't the new coach I would of voted against Croatia, but since I think he knows what he's doing , we got a chance to get out of the group. That last game between Croatia and Mexico will be nasty i predict.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Surprisingly the hosts don't have the absolute piss easy group.

It will be comfortable enough for Brazil but the prize of piss easy group goes to a couple of other countries.

Brazil & Croatia to advance.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Croatia and Mexico both have big issues of form. I haven't seen Cameroon lately but the fight for second place could be quite open.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The hosts' group is a rather interesting one, with three other teams that had good spells in previous tournaments. Brazil looks the obvious favorites to advance to the next stage; for the second qualifying post, I will agree with all those that pointed out the recent inconsistency of both Mexico and Croatia. These are two teams who need to show a different face that the one of their qualifiers, if they wish to go further than the group stage. Moreover, Cameroon had his ups and down during the last years and - if some of its key players happen to be in form in June – could be a tough opponent and produce the surprise.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Mexicans, just like Colombia have DROPPED tons of NARCO Dollars to FIFA.

The Refs will make sure they advance.
You have not one but two records: every single one of your dozens of thousands of posts is nonsense.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
This is very similar to Brazil's group in 1998, three teams almost at the same level, it may come down to whom will get a better result from Brazil

1 - 20 of 28 Posts