·
Registered
13,590 Posts

·
CULT OF PERSONALITY
21,014 Posts
My team will play a defensive 5-2-2-1.
My goalie: Jasper Cillessen
my three central defenders: Benatia, Laporte and Sokratis, with Benatia and Laporte in right and left, and Sokratis in middle.
My full backs: Piczczek and Rodriguez.
My central defensive midfield: Fernandinho and Carvalho.
My two attacking midfielders: Pjanic and Di Maria
My striker: Bacca.

Cillessen
Piczczek Benatia Sokratis Laporte Rodriguez
--Fernandinho--William--
---Di Maria--------Pjanic
-------------Bacca

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Despite the flaws with both teams, pele's has more about them and there's far more attacking threat and positivity coming from his end which will probably be the telling difference in the end. Homes is completely relying on di Maria and Bacca to produce the goods, two fairly inconsistent players. Pele won't be able to shut them out, but he'll do enough to get the points.

pele10brazil 2-1 HOMESMOINA! - Costa, Gabi; Bacca

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
homesy does not help himself with these tactics.

pele pede has a nice team, good players, nice straight forward tactics

pele pede 3 x 1 homesy

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
Poor form by Homes. He should be doing better.

3-1 to pele.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Not a fan of Homes' tactics at all. Some flaws with positioning again IMO and he should have used a different formation to provide greater balance. He does have some quality there though and I don't see that defense letting in a lot of goals. Pele's team is quite overrated, but it's still solid. He's got more firepower and that tips the scales for me on top of his defense being solid enough.

pele10brazil 2 (Cuadrado, Costa) - HOMESMOINA! 1 (di Maria)

·
Registered
13,590 Posts

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
Pede 3-1 HoMo
All of Moina's tactics in the draft have been baffling. Glad to see Benatia return to the right in this one though as he's predominantly a right-sided player. But Sokratis should've been placed at LCB because he's a stopper. I don't know whether Laporte is a sweeping/cover CB or a stopper or if he can play both roles. I just know he's a young defender doing well for Bilbao. Probably ditto for most of us. So, Moina could've gotten away with Laporte in the middle even if he isn't the sweep/cover type.

I don't get the fascination of 5 at the back in this draft either. IIRC, only Ze has played a 3-CB formation with WBs so far. And Moina's FBs are perfect as WBs. A midfield of Pjanic-Fernandinho-Di Maria with Isco behind Bacca would have been better. Or a 4-3-X formation.

Only two problems in Pele's team: Dante is playing on the right for some reason and Hernanes. Other than wingers who cut in, left-footed players don't do well on the right. And Hernanes hasn't been playing well for exactly two years. Other than that, his team has quality, good balance, and is set up well.

Hence, the easy 3-1 victory.

·
Registered
825 Posts
pele10brazil 2-1 HOMESMOINA!

Homesy has got a very good defence but not a big fan of that midfield and also the lack of Isco. Pele10 comparatively has a more balanced side and I think he will win it comfortably in the end. Too much attacking stress on Di Maria.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts