Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
36,169 Posts
King Italy,

ofcourse you'd think so, you're Italian :)

I predict an Italian top finish, followed by Finland with Yugo a close third.

Yugo could contend for the second spot, but Finland has strong, young team, that is always improving, and could surprise anyone.

Yugo has had some dreadful outings, and no noteworthy recults in a couple of years, bar the win over Norway in Euro2000.

I wouldn't discount Wales for a surprise, they are more than capable of taking valuable points from any of the forementioned teams, especially if they improve their home form.

Interesting group.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
There really are only two options:

1. Italy
2. Yugoslavia
3. Finland
4. Wales
5. Azerbaijan

OR

1. Yugoslavia
2. Italy
3. Finland
4. Wales
5. Azerbaijan

Anything else would be a surprise...

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
ilchampione said:
italy will win this group with ease followed by yugoslavia
No way Italy will win this with ease, there's hardly any game between european countries today, that can be win with ease.

Italy
Finland
Yugoslavia
Wales
Azerbadjan

I actually rank Finland higher than Yugoslavia.
For the past years, Finland has been close to both France98 and Euro2000, and they did a heroic job against Germany and England in the WC2002 qualifiers.
But now I think their tired of getting behind, and if Yugoslavia wont watch their back and underestimate the finns, which I think they will, they'll wake up with a painfull---> :hangover:

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Well you're entitled to have your opinion but let me just state some facts.

First off, we didn't make the World Cup, true, why was this? because of our corrupt FA, because we had a new coach every 2/3 games, and even with all this we managed to outplay every single opponent in our group. And deserved to make the World Cup, we didn't well too bad but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Then we have our youth, who made the youth world-cup next year, Milovanovic 17 (wanted by Parma), Krascic 18 (Milan), Vucinic (made his debut in the serie A aged 16 and of course Lazovic our new Mijatovic, the biggest sensation so far. In conclusion a lot of talent.

Currently a lot of our players are redhot abroad, examples are Milosevic, Stankovic, Djordjevic, Dzodic, Gluscevic etc etc which makes me believe we'll be a serious threat in the group. Italy are of course the clear favourites in the group but don't write us off just yet.

My prediction

1 Italy
2 Serbia and Montenegro (soon we expect a new name)
3 Finland
4 Wales
5 Azerbeidjan

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Drulic, seems like serbian & montenegro football has a bright future. But those players you're talking about are too young for taking a place in your senior NT. And that's what I think will give the second spot to Finland, cuz they have the same team for a longer period, and done really good thinking of their resources.
But of course Yugoslavian has some very fine players aswell, but I doubt it will be enuff against Finland this time.

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Look Cracker those names were only an example for the future, our NT is now being led by the Stankovic-Kezman generation, I doubt Finland has a talent bigger then those 2.

I have no doubt that on our day we can beat any team in the world, so I suggest you follow our preparations, we have friendlies coming up against nations like Mexico, Brazil, Norway, Russia, Poland and England.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Sure Stankovic and Kezman are impressive. And perhaps Finland doesn't have juz the same quality players, but still they are pretty close with players like Litmanen, Forssell and Hyypia :star:
And those players, combined with a good team play, I can promise you, they make the best what they can outta their resources. If Yugoslavia will relax for one second Finland might juz snatch that second spot ;)
And I have no doubt Yugoslavia can beat any team in the world on a good day. And another thing, friendlies don't tell much about the future of a team, history points that out pretty clearly.

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Look I'll let the performances on the pitch do the talking, and I didn't say friendlies were going to show everything but instead I suggested you to watch them, in order to see what the finns will be up against.

No doubt we have the far better team and with a new chairman at the head of our FA we no longer have a corrupt FA, these qualifiers we'll stick to one coach and believe me when I say if we only fell short one point with all this chaos and mismanagement just think of what we can achieve without all of that........

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Ok, my bad, missunderstanding :D
You're right, let it'll be settled on the pitch :)
And I'll be interesting to see if the organized management will make the difference :party:
Goodluck, but don't come and tell me later that I didn't warn you for the finns :D

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Yeah now worries :D, but I think you agree with me that players will perform better when there is a certain calmness in the team when they only have to worry about their performances on the pitch and not about all that other stuff.

Anyways it seems only you and me are interested in making this forum work. ;)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
My take on this group:
Italy might top it at the end of this battle, but an on form Yugoslavia is more then capable of embarassing Italy. Having said that Yugoslavia is a moody NT (see WCQ campaign) and they might screw it again but i find it hard to belive they will miss out on the 2nd big tournament in a row. Finland...well, i kinda like them, very good, had great results in their last campaign playing the likes of England and Germany but no way they can match an on form Yugoslavia Cracker, sorry man but this is so arrogant of you to say. ;) :D

So i'd say.....

1.ITA
2.YUG
3.FIN

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
In form Yugoslav team can be a haell of a problem to anyone. :)

Unfortunately, that In-form has been quite rare lately...and often more complicated with internal , off-pitch issues.

Hopefully that is behind now....and Raanan got it right;)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Drulic, I didn't know that there was such turbulance within the team and the management. That kinda explains why form Yugoslavia didn't make it this time :(

Raanan, the last thing I wanted to be is to sound arrogant :irritate:
I'm juz speaking outta facts, Finland has a good team, and good team work, and now when I understand why form Yugoslavia didn't perform their best perhaps they can make things straight again. But at the moment I see Finland as a stronger team, much thanx to their organisation. All I wanted point out that Finland should not be underestimated, perhaps I pointed it out too much :finger:
But of course form Yugoslavia have every possibility to work their way back. As Drulic said, we'll see what their friendlies will be like :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
This group is not as easy as it seems.

I would make Italy favourite, but it will be a very tight race.

Yugoslavia is team with talented individuals, but not great team chemistry.

Finland has less skilled individuals, but a good team cohesiveness.

It will be very difficult to go to Finland and take a full 3 points.

The winner of the group may be the team that does best in Wales. When Wales was in Poland's group for WC qualifying, they were a very stubborn team. We beat them 2-1, and tied 0-0. They are very tough at home(for such a small country). About 60,000 fans go crazy for their games.

This will be a very interesting group.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't see Finland taking that second spot. What more should I say. They have some good players but the team isnt loaded with talent. Italy always makes it, it's just like Germany.
My prediction:

1 Italy/Yugoslavia
2 Yugoslavia/Italy
3 Finland/Wales
4 Wales/Finland
5 Azerbajdjan

·
Registered
768 Posts
(people suggesting this group is easy for the top seeded teams should take a better look at other groups because this group is not easiest)

·
Registered
36,169 Posts
I'll pick Italy as sure group toppers, and Yugo will stumble again against the minnows and probably come 3rd.

Italy
Finland
Yugo
etc.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thank you Ero, I for one really appreciate it you give us your prediction for the SECOND time already. It's obvious you see Finland as a stronger team than Yugoslavia. I agree they have some worldclass players, but thats probably not the reason you picked them 2nd ey? We both know the real one. Cao. Keep posting :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.