Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Cracker said:

What is their to say :confused:

Well this group clearly Spain are favourites but their away matches against Ukraine and Greece will be tough. The dispute is for the second place and I think the Greeks will get through into the second place.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KYIV, March 11 (DSA) - European championship qualifying group 6 representatives hold a meeting in Athens today but failed to reach an agreement on the match schedule. Ukraine, Spain and Armenia came to an agreement, however Greece and Northern Ireland did not accept it. The representatives of the five federations will hold a meeting once again, probably in April. If they do not reach a mutual solution then the match schedule will be defined by a draw in UEFA headquarters in Switzerland.

M

·
0 Posts
Spain
Greece
Ukraine
Armenia
Northern Ireland

Greece have improved since the beggining of the World cup qualifying camoaign but its a close call with them and Ukrain for second place. Armenia are'nt as bad as N I reland so i back them for 4th place.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
1)Spain
2)Ukraine
3)Northern Ireland
4)Greece
5)Armenia

After the last qualifying campaign for Greece, they look pretty bad, sorry to say:(

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
undoubtedly spain will win the group. i actually think greece will join them, even northern ireland. ukraine is weak these days and i dont even understand how they were selected in the second group of seedings.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Spain
Greece
Ukraine
Nothern Ireland
Armenia

I'm happy to see that some of you, put Greece on the 2nd position.:)
The game with Spain at leoforos(Athens) is sold out!!!
I'll agree that Spain is the favourite NT for the 1st place.
I also think that Ukraine and N.Ireland will fight with us for the 2nd place.
Armenia will try for the surprise!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Firsts games
Hellas - Spain 0 - 2
Armenia - Ukrania 2 - 2

I hope that we could reach the playoffs, next match against Ukrania away is a live or die match....

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Wednesday, October 16, 2002
Nikolaidis double puts Greeks back on track
Soccernet.com

ATHENS (Reuters) - Demis Nikolaidis scored twice as Greece relaunched their Euro 2004 qualifying campaign with a 2-0 victory over Armenia on Wednesday.

Nikolaidis gave the Greeks, still looking for their first points, a dream start when he headed in Vassilis Tsartas's floated free kick in the second minute.

Armenia responded with sporadic counter-attacks led by Artur Petrosyan and Greek goalkeeper Antonis Nikopolidis made important interceptions in the 20th and 40th minutes.

Nikolaidis was denied by a point blank save from Armenian goalkeeper Roman Berezovsky just before the break, but the AEK Athens striker was not to be denied when he chipped in his second after 61 minutes.

With the hosts desperate for their first qualifying points German coach Otto Rehhagel reshuffled the midfield bringing in Pantelis Kafes and Angelos Basinas.

The pair struggled to link with playmaker Tsartas who looked isolated between defence and attack for long spells.

Greece showed an unexpected physical edge, led by the towering central defensive partnership of Nikos Dabizas and Traianos Dellas.

Nikolaidis should have doubled the lead after a clever backheel from Tsartas freed him for a close range shot well-saved by Roman Berezovsky in the Armenian goal.

Rehhagel brought on captain Thodoris Zagorakis in place of Kafes for the second half in a bid to add steel to the midfield.

Thanks to determined defending Armenia held out until the hour mark when an interception from Angelos Basinas allowed Nikolaidis in to chip in a simple second goal.

Substitute Stelios Giannakopoulos nearly scored a dramatic third after weaving his way through the tired Armenians but fired his shot straight at the goalkeeper.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
let me brush off the cobwebs here;-)

i still think spain will win the group. greece has a big game against northern ireland and probably one they cant lose.

·
Registered
377 Posts
we must win over the ukraine in athens. I will be there cheering my team on!!! :D If we do that we get second.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote from F.Zakaryan ,"no9 ARMENIA IS THE ONE TO QUALIFY WE WILL CRUSH UKRAINES IN LVOV youll see "
Well, crush isnt exactly accurate, Ukraine beat u guys 4-3:D
Grazie Shevchenko, 2 goals:cool:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Ukraine got a very shady penalty vs Armenia....I felt Armenia deserved at least a point from that game. Would have really helped us also. :D

We (Greece) beat Spain 1-0 IN Spain.... Ukraine beat Armenia 4-3. The standings now look like this:

Group 6 Pld Pts

Spain - 5 - 10
Ukraine - 5 - 9
Greece - 5 - 9
Armenia - 5 - 4
Northern Ireland - 4 - 1

A huge game, and one that will probably decide 2nd place....Greece vs Ukraine, in Athens. Spain will take on N.Ireland.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Brilliant. Just brilliant. Come on Northern Ireland and Greece! :cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts