Sweden
Poland
Hungary
Latvia
San Marino

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
yea pretty much. The only exciting matches will be Poland vs Sweden and Sweden vs Poland :D

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Thanx, I hope we kick their @$$ too, but we'll only beat them by 1 or 2 goals :D. Nah, im just playin, its gonna be a hard match with the Swedes. They are a very skilled team. I fear Larsson the most.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes... It's going to be a tuff game, but i believe that you will pull this one off. Exspecialy on your home ground... Larsson is a very good striker, but he is a bit out of form... I think that his time is over. Let's hope he will stay so until the match :D. And don't forget that Scottish league is not one of hardest league's in the world. But don't forget Ljunberg. He is very good player. Every time i watch a game of Arsenal, he impresses me....And he too can score goals !!!

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Sweden
Poland
Hungary
Latvia
San Marino

ZvEzDaS, Larsson is outta form? :wth:
Oh, right, he's only scoring ONE goal per match now :D
If you should concentrate on any of our strikers, and consider them dangerous, it's Allbäck. Larsson only scores from the penalty spot, atleast in the NT.
Actually Ljungberg is pretty overrated in our NT, he does pretty well in Arsenal, but in our NT he has nearly been a burden, more than an asset :doh:

I'm a bit split here, dunno for which team I should root :undecide:
The last euro qualifiers I went to Poland, cheered for Sweden there, and when Poland played in Sweden, I cheered for Poland :D I like to challenge fate :crazy:

But I'd say that Poland will take 3 points at home, and Sweden will take 3 back here. So the team that will finally win the group is Sweden, since they always get away with a 1-0 win :yawn:
But it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Poland won the group, and the two matches against Sweden. Oli has been the difference between success and failure.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Exactly !!! He is out of form, he scores only 1 goal per match. :)
And you are right, i completly forgot Allback. He is a real killer. He play's very good in Heerenveen. Every team is scared of him, when they have to play against him and his team. If it wasn't for him, Heerenveen wouldn't be there where he is know...And all the defenders find him as the most dangerous striker in the Dutch league...
You have a very good team, but i bet this one for Poland :D

MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN !!!

AND FOR YOU GOOD LUCK TOO.... :D

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I just hope Poland fights for the win, or point, whatever. Larsson and Allback is good reason enough to be afraid of Sweden. I also hate when players play good for their clubs, and crappy as hell for their country. But the other way around is good, though :D. It seems more ppl are putting Sweden first and Poland second. The more important thing to me is that Poland is in the top 2.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Kaluzny said:
I just hope Poland fights for the win, or point, whatever. Larsson and Allback is good reason enough to be afraid of Sweden. I also hate when players play good for their clubs, and crappy as hell for their country. But the other way around is good, though :D. It seems more ppl are putting Sweden first and Poland second. The more important thing to me is that Poland is in the top 2.
That's for sure my friend ;)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i am hoping we finish first though, of course. Even though we finish 2nd we still might not make it by drawing with another hard opponent in the play-offs. With our luck we'll get drawn with the hardest one of them all.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Its essential to finish first, as the play-off may be a lot harder. Although, we will have a better idea of where Poland's and Sweden's capabilities lie after the WC.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Barlinek said:
Its essential to finish first, as the play-off may be a lot harder. Although, we will have a better idea of where Poland's and Sweden's capabilities lie after the WC.
Dont think so Sweden`s team will much changed i think.

First off i have hopes those donkey in charge of the NT will get fired.
Well hope...

THen we got a verey good young generation coming. Källström, Ibrahimovic, Farnerud etc hopefully taken a place in the squad by then.

Dont judge Sweden football by the following WC.
I cant say am that optimistic with those donkeys in charge:)

We have more talent than they make us look like.
The donkeys I mean;):)

My verey own prediction

Sweden/Poland
Hungary
Latvia
San Marino

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
In soccer there almost no easy games and this rule should be applyed here. Well Poland and Sweden are favourites but they should be careful with Hungary not that they have a lot of skill but if the polish or the swedes slip too much the hungarians are gonna take it at least the second spot. San Marino and Latvia no comments only that they improved a bit their soccer but nothing to scare.

How could they be on the same group?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
well, that is true, Poland and Sweden have to be careful with Hungary, which is improving in their football. They are not top class, but they will be a good opponent. The schedule came out and here it is (took only 15 min to make :D )

from uefa.com

Sweden face tricky opener
Wednesday 20 February 2002
Sweden face a potentially difficult away trip to Latvia when they kick off their qualifying campaign for the 2004 UEFA European Championship.

Schedule agreed
In a press conference held in Stockholm, the Group 5 qualifying schedule was announced following a meeting involving all five nations - Poland, Hungary and San Marino making up the quintet. The first of the highly anticipated encounters between Sweden and Poland, the group's 2002 FIFA World Cup representatives, will be played on 11 June 2003 in Stockholm with the return on 10 September 2003.

Söderberg pleased
"We got the warm-up which we needed for the matches against Poland as we are playing San Marino on both occasions before we clash with Poland," said Sweden co-coach Tommy Söderberg, who was also pleased with the fact that Sweden will travel to Latvia for their first match. "It will be a tough challenge but it's better to go there straight after the World Cup because we might need to introduce some new players in our matches and that would have been difficult to do against Poland."

Engel eyes Sweden
Poland coach Jerzy Engel also seemed content with the outcome of the meeting. "We're pleased with the draw," he said. "We were all very prepared when we arrived and it only took us ten minutes to agree on the schedule. I am especially happy that we won't meet with Sweden until 2003 because that will give us time to focus on the World Cup."

Eight difficult matches
Sándor Puhl, the vice-president of the Hungarian FA, was keen to point out the strength of the group. "There are eight difficult matches to be played and it doesn't really matter when they are played," he said. "Poland and Sweden are the favourites but you shouldn't underestimate Latvia who have developed tremendously during the last couple of years."

Detailed fixtures

2002 - 7 September: San Marino v Poland, Latvia v Sweden

12 October: Sweden v Hungary, Poland v Latvia

16 October: Hungary v San Marino

20 November: San Marino v Latvia.

2003 - 29 March: Poland v Hungary

2 April: Poland v San Marino, Hungary v Sweden

30 April: Latvia v San Marino

7 June: Hungary v Latvia, San Marino v Sweden

11 June: Swedenv Poland, San Marino v Hungary

6 September: Latvia v Poland, Sweden v San Marino

10 September: Poland v Sweden, Latvia v Hungary

11 October: Sweden v Latvia, Hungary v Poland.

-Poland should get 12 pts from their first 4 matches. San Marino twice, Latvia and Hungary at home. Im also happy we are playin Sweden away for the first of our two matches. It will set the tone in Chorzow when we play the return match. I don't like the fact that we play our last fixture away to Hungary, but what am i gonna do. Good draw for Poland and i guess for Sweden too.

M

·
0 Posts
You excelled in world cup qualification and you had a harder group. I bach Poland to win the group just ahead of Sweden.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i don't know. Sweden is a good team. If we tie them in Sweden, they we would most likely make 1st, but i don't know how Sweden plays away.

M

·
0 Posts
No youll be in full confidence after making the second or third round of the world cup. Sweden are a very good side but Poland have got the power in their side to win this group. Since Portugal are'nt in the qualifying stages im going to give Poland my support.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts