·
Registered
4,193 Posts
1. The Netherlands
2. Czech Republic
3. Belarus
4. Austria
5. Moldova

I think the Netherlands are gonna be fired up after missing the WC. Same goes for the Czech's and yes, I rate Belarus higher than Austria, since they're so lethal on homesoil.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Interesting. Will this time the stars from the Netherlands be able to get the results everyone expects them to get? I'm not sure, but I hope they will, leaving the Czechs on the second spot.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Well a rough group but Holland and the Czech Republic are in a bit higher level. Belarus made a great WC qualifying but lost where they couldn't, will they be able to keep their recent form? For Austria I have sad memories as they elimininated Israel from the play offs with Turkey on the last minute. With all the respect we could've make that 5-0 thrashing we did in 1999 but we weren't humble enough. The Austrians are always a threat but I don't think they will go through.

obs...None of the teams of this group is in the World Cup. :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
My guess:

Holland
Czech Republic
Belarus
Austria
Moldova

Holland are wiiling to show what a good footballteam they arr, after they had missed the World Cup.

Also czech Republic are willing to qualify to the euro Championship :cool:

Belarus ha dplaying better and better after each qualification, and whit a player like Vitaly Kutuzov, Belarus will be an outsider :devil:

i don't belive in Austria, because they had lost a lot of players, and they need to set up a brand new team:strong:, there will go some time, before Austria will strike back in top.

Moldova...:ass: :cry: :wallbang: :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Wednesday, October 16, 2002
Superior Dutch sweep Austria aside
Soccernet.com

VIENNA (Reuters) - A superior Dutch team swept to the top of Group Three of Euro 2004 qualifying with a 3-0 defeat of a sleepy Austria side on Wednesday.

The visitors were firmly in command, sealing the game after 30 minutes with goals from Clarence Seedorf (16), Philip Cocu (19) and Roy Makaay (30).

The hosts, who played with 10 men after Martin Hiden was sent off with a second yellow card in the 78th minute, made goal chances in the second half after substitutions brought in younger players, but it was too late to reverse the onslaught.

'The Dutch deserved to win, they really are a class above,' said Austrian coach Hans Krankl. 'I cannot blame my players, maybe they showed too much respect, held back a bit, but realistically there wasn't much they could do.'

The first goal, 15 minutes into the game, caught the Austrian defence napping. Makaay slipped the ball to an unmarked Patrick Kluivert, who tucked it into Seedorf's path for the Milan player to fire cleanly into the goal.

Cocu scored the second after latching on to a pass from Seedorf and the Dutch sealed the win with a shot by Makaay that left Austrian goalkeeper Alex Manninger no chance for a save.

The Dutch are now tied with Austria and the Czech Republic on six points, but go top of Group Three on goal difference.

Moldova and Belarus are still without any points.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Wednesday, October 16, 2002
Baros inspires Czechs to 2-0 win over Belarus
Soccernet.com

TEPLICE, Czech Republic, Oct 16 (Reuters) - In-form Liverpool striker Milan Baros scored one goal and set up another as the Czech Republic beat Belarus 2-0 in a Euro 2004 Group Three qualifier on Wednesday.

Baros, two weeks short of his 21st birthday, sent veteran Karel Poborsky clean through on seven minutes and the former Manchester United winger chipped neatly over Belarus keeper Gennady Tumilovich.

Sixteen minutes later Baros made it 2-0 after losing two defenders and slotting past Tumilovich.

'I thought we came out strong and controlled play well. On the first goal I spotted Karel breaking and he really made a nice play,' said Baros, the man of the match.

'On my goal I just stopped and turned, I thought I could catch the keeper off guard by shooting quickly.'

Though they looked slightly better in the second half, Belarus hardly threatened as Czech goalkeeper Petr Cech kept his second clean sheet in five days after the 2-0 victory in Moldova on Saturday.

'I thought we could been up by three or four in the first half and had the match decided,' Czech coach Karel Brueckner said. 'But then we ran out of steam and were forced to defend in the second half and play on breaks.'

·
Registered
82 Posts
1. Holland :)
2. Czech Republic
3. Belarus
4. Austria
5. Moldova

·
Registered
478 Posts
Holland
Czech Republic
Austria
Belarus
Moldova

·
Registered
478 Posts
next saturday the important match in feijenoord stadium de kuip against the czech republic? I thin k holland will beat CZ 1-0

van nistelrooij will score after 38 minutes and 15 seconds. :D

Next wednesday holland will have to play against moldavia. Holland will win: 3-0

van the man 28' : 1-0
Kluivert 43' : 2-0
De boer F. 78' : 3-0

What do you think????

·
Registered
478 Posts
mmm final score 1-1

Holland deserved to win the mathc but they didn't. It's a pity. next wednesday against moldava.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts