·
Registered
4,193 Posts
1. Denmark
2. Norway
3. Romania
4. Bosnia
5. Luxembourg

I think Denmark will win the group, although it will be a tight win.
Norway are juz a straw better than Romania right now, but I think sacking Semb would prolly get Norway back to the top again :D
Ps, don't underestimate Bosnia.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Maybe on of the most balanced groups. Denmark, Romania, Norway ... who can tell? :confused: I can't :D

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Re: Re: Group 2

A very intresting group. IMO only Luxemburg is out. Bosnia showed in the WC qualifying that they have quality but from the 4 I think the Bosnians are the last choice. IMO Denmark will lead this group followed by Norway and then Romania. The Norwegians reall did a weak campaign in the WC qualifiers but they are always a strength. Romania has a lot of talents but in my opinion they are not too organized. Let's wait and see

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Group 2

Well, we had a couple of friendlied against Ukraine and Poland whose style of play can be compared to that of Norway and Denmark. We won both games very comfortably 4-1 against UKR in Romania and 2-1 against the Poles (in Poland) with our 'B' squad. We have a lot of 'young guns' getting more and more experience across Europe and I am confident we will qualify. If not by being the first in the group, we will win in the play offs. Oh let's not forget that Iordanescu (the General) is back as the coach, and his tactics are already implemented. For all those being so confident that Denkark and Norway are so much better, all I suggest is to wait and make sure you follow the games or results of this group, so I can rub it in your face when we beat them…:D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Friendlies are meaningless, really.

Norway and Denmark are different - a lot in fact. Denmark want to be in possession of the ball.

My thoughts at an early stage:

DENMARK
Romania
Norway
Bosnia
Luxembourg

Going for glory in Portugal 2004 :)

We've won it before - we can win it again!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Tough group really, but I think Denmark will win it and then it's up to Norway or Romania. Although I won't underestimate Bosnia I think they're going to have a hard time here. Luxemburg should also not be underestimated as they surprised some people in the WC qualifiers, but still without having a chance of qualifying though.
If Norway don't change up to this qualifier I think they're going to miss it one more time. They haven't been impressive.

My predicton:

DENMARK
Romania
Norway
Bosnia
Luxemburg

I'm really looking forward to the clashes between Norway and Denmark. We'll thrash you :fero::tongue::D!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Yakubu said:
Although I won't underestimate Bosnia I think they're going to have a hard time here. Luxemburg should also not be underestimated as they surprised some people in the WC qualifiers, but still without having a chance of qualifying though.
I disagree I think Bosnia will be a handfull. They have similar playing style To Slovenia - defense and fast counter-attacks. I would rather say Luxembourg has no chance.

I saw the Danes in this WC and they really look strong, their fast strikers will definitely cause many problems to the Romanian defense.

I can't wait for these games I'm already tired of this crappy World Cup...:depress:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Marius said:
I disagree I think Bosnia will be a handfull. They have similar playing style To Slovenia - defense and fast counter-attacks. I would rather say Luxembourg has no chance.
Didn't I say that I wouldn't underestimate them? Well I won't although I still think they're going to have a hard time ... not as hard as Luxembourg though :D.

My prediction again:

DENMARK
Romania
Norway
Bosnia (note: finishing 4th, NOT last and NOT below Luxembourg!)
Luxembourg

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Barlinek said:

Not to Romanians. Wc final or friendly. Same thing to those guys.

Denmark and Norway handily.
Buddy, now I understand. You have a personal problem with Romania. After all your anti - Romania posts, now I understand. You seem to have a personal vendetta with Romanians in general. Whether it is the WC or the Euros, all you want is for Romania to be ranked as last. I wonder what happens if we actually qualify. Will you still be the uptight prick that you are or would you finally shut your big mouth.
By the way, did a Romanian guy ever kick the crap of you?? Did a Romanina steal your woman??? Why are you so anti Romanian??

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Easy now guys :). Try to focus on what this is all about: Group 2 of the European Championship qualification;).

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
i feel that norway is the key to this group, we have benn very unstable lately. if we get out act together we can win the group, if we play like in the WC qualifier we will be bitchslapped by both romania and denmark. i think we will do better, and finish in second

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I hope for you guys that you'll get your act together for this qualification or else ... well you said it so good your self :D

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
I'd like to hear some comments from Bosniacs…Too bad there aren't many around, I'd like to hear their thoughts on the group. I guess the probability of finding someone from Luxembourg are pretty slim :D.
With regards to Romania - Denmark, if Romania keeps the ball on the ground, and play the same style we played against England, we could have a chance. If they allow Denmark to play 'vertical' soccer, we will be in trouble. I am mostly afraid about the Danish speed.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Yakubu said:
Easy now guys :). Try to focus on what this is all about: Group 2 of the European Championship qualification;).
I know, it's just that this guy contradicts every Romanian on Xtratime. We have been arguing for a while now on a number of things, and it keeps going…Every topic where Romania is brought up he is there to undermine or criticize us and tel us how his Poland team is so much better than Romania because they qualified to this WC and we didn't, and so forth.. I am sick of it!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Marius said:

I know, it's just that this guy contradicts every Romanian on Xtratime. We have been arguing for a while now on a number of things, and it keeps going…Every topic where Romania is brought up he is there to undermine or criticize us and tel us how his Poland team is so much better than Romania because they qualified to this WC and we didn't, and so forth.. I am sick of it!
Sounds annoying.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Marius said:

Like they say my friend. "The proof is in the pudding", or in you case "The proof is in the results." (And noone here will base those on any friendly).

Your team failed miserably. End of story.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts