Russia
Switzerland
Georgia
Albania

There we are. The last of the 10 Groups :D

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
The only reason i am posting is to not make Adrian aka King Italy look like a fool ;)

This to me is the most interesting group out of them all. You have Ireland and Russia impressive qualifiers for the WC along with competitve teams Switzerland,Georgia and to a lesser extent Albania. Whilst Ireland and Russia will be the favourites to finish in the top 2 spots i see the Swiss and in particular Georgia challenging them as both have some fine talented players and if they play as a team could cause some problems for Ireland and Russia.

Albania too must not be underestimated as the toughest games to play are the ones where u are expected to win ;)

It will be interesting to see how this group pans out and i for one hope Georgia make it so many great players and they deserve to finally qualify for a major tournament :tongue:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Russia
Ireland
Switzerland
Georgia
Albania

Russia are stronger than Ireland IMO. And Switzerland might juz snatch that 2nd spot infrot of Ireland.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Intresting group indeed.

IMO there are no favourites in this group. Russia and Ireland qualifyed to the World Cup but they surely will have problems to beat Switzerland and Georgia. Also they should not underestimate Albania that made it difficult to England and Germany in WC qualifying.
It is difficult to say but I think Russia and Ireland will take the 2 spots.

B

·
0 Posts
ireland are the best in the group at the moment, this is the way it will look at the end\:

Ireland
georgia
russia
albania
switzerland

russia will lose both games to albania or draw one, because albanians will try very hard against the russians(for many reasons) , and when they try hard you know what would be the end result, russia will also lose to georgia (for many reasons) , all these teams suit the georgian team , as they play their best teams like these -switzelrand, albania,...

ireland will top the group, and georgia will come second, remember my words!!:eek: :)

p.s cracker, u've been takin too much crack!!;) :)

switzerland has no chance!, and russia is not better then ireland/!!

-----------------------------------------------
IRELAND
GEORGIA
RUSSIA
ALBANIA
SWITZERLAND
-----------------------------------------------

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Balanchini, maybe I overrated Switzerland, which I doubt, but anyway. Perhaps Georgia can take a 3rd spot, but the top two wont change, the fight for first spot will be between Russia and Ireland :stuckup:
Russia might draw away against Albania, which I also doubt, but they'll never lose at home.

Political and historical reasons, which I assume you're talking about, always makes a game more interesting and harder to predict. But Russia is so much better than both Georgia and Albania.
I don't wanna take anything away from Georgia, they've been making it hard for bigger teams, but they still miss that xtra, that Russia has. I'm sure Georgia will take atleast one point against Russia though :)

B

·
0 Posts
NO, NO , you dont understand, if georgia dont beat russia AT HOME, I assure you that georgian NT will have no support , if kaladze's bother got kidnapped, all players might also be in that position if they dont beat them, simple as that.

russia so much better?

how do you analyse this?

are russian players better then georgian??, of course no , each by each , georgia is overclassing them , and as the romanian coach said, 'georgia produced and produces the best players from all Soviet countries, and i believe he knows more then you or me.

the only player tops georgians is the russian goalkeeper,i would agree that he is much better then georgia No 1 .

if you have another way to judge that russia is better then georgia , if not player by player, i would assume that they have qualified for WC and georgia has not, but this doesn't mean anything, they were in a easier group and georgia was in harder one.if you say this , then do you also assume that holland is not better the russia ? or yogoslavia better then slovenia?

and what is that extra russia has over georgia??
is it corrupting the opposition to win games??or something else?
please tell me the extra thing,

you are overating this russia team, ireland and georgia are better//!!, believe me

best regards
Balanchini

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Hey Balanchini,

Georgia is improving year by year and surely they will be hard opposition in this group but no way they will beat Russia two times maybe not even one!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
It will be

Ireland
Russia
Switzerland
Albania
Georgia

Ireland are seed 1 for the Championship and should be able to qualify from this group with not too much trouble. It would be a bit of a surprise if they didn't. Then Russia, it looks like they are the stronger of the last four. But still, just looking at the teams it could really be any of them. A hard 2nd place to call but I will stick with Russia... :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
leeds_utd_lad, how can you put your brothers in the bottom /(if you are irish) ,?

i say :

ireland
georgia
russia
switzeland
albania

i just can't see the consquences of georgia not qualifying:eek: :confused:

me and my hooligan friends are getting ready for the game against russia in tbilisi, if you get the chance to watch the game, pay attention to the crowd, i dont think you will see any russian supporters there;) :fero:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Well I dont care as long as we qualify. If we(Ireland) don't make it, it'll be a big shock. We're a tough team to beat but sometimes we don't score enough goals. Watch out for lots of new Irish players coming though. John O'Shea from Man Utd, Colin Healy from Celtic, and then there's Andy O'Brien, Clinton Morrison, Steven Reid and also we have Steven Carr coming back. Here come the good times!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
King Italy said:
Rep.of Ireland
Russia
Switzerland
Georgia
Albania

There we are. The last of the 10 Groups :D
You oh-so-happened to forget Portugal.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Go georgia!!!

As long as they go through I don't care. Beating Ireland would be good though. :) And if one thing is certain in this group its that shota will get booed when he plays in Dublin.

I don't think Portugal are in this group F1.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
They still deserve a thread...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Georgia and Armenia both produce the most talented players from the former soviet union and some of the most technically gifted players from all of europe, just watch Dinamo Tbilisi play,

i predic russia and georgia to top this group, just because Ireland is so damn boring....

by the way Georgia is by far the funnest team to watch here....and im russian

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Arsenal CSKA said:
i predic russia and georgia to top this group, just because Ireland is so damn boring....

by the way Georgia is by far the funnest team to watch here....and im russian
I do like your prediction of Russia, Georgia then Ireland. :D :D

Georgia
Russia
Switzerland
Albania
Ireland

:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
no russian supporters at the Russia-Georgia game? Why? Why would we fear Georgian supporters when Russia probably has the most violent fans in Europe along with Yugoslavia and Turkey

anyway i like Georgia, they'll be one of Europe's powerhouse's soon, if not probably on the level of the Yugoslavia's we used to know

1 - 20 of 27 Posts