2. Slovenia
3. Israel
4. Cyprus
5. Malta

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
France should easily qualify from this.

I find it hard to choose 2nd place. One would expect Slovenia, but Israel have been getting closer and closer to qualifying for a tournament, so maybe they can reach at least a play off this time.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
No, definitly Slovenia. They have been doing really well the past 2-3 years. For them anything less than a 2nd spot would be considered a failure. But Israel will give them a good opposition for that 2nd spot.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's so sure here Cracker? :D :fero:
No disrespect to Slovenia, but like I have said elsewhere i expect their current run of success to be over. They are not as good as they seem to be IMO, looking at their squad and the limited talent they've got (kinda like Israel). Radunja who scored against Romania isn't even a squad member at Portsmouth, Amir Karic was dumped fro Ipswich's reserve team, Milan Osterc plays for Hapoel Tel Aviv:D, Cimerotiv is a bench player at Lecce after failing in the Israeli league and so on, Rakovic was released by his Israeli club lately and etc. Of course some of their stars are doing great, I dunno how Zahovic is doing though, he is Injured i believe. Anyways my point is, Slovenia's achievements in the last years were sensational (1 point in WC98 qualifiers) and this is the first time they are "favorites" do to something - pressure could be on them. I am not saying it was a coincidence to beat Yugoslavia, Switzerland, Russia and Romania but their current run of form is bound to be over and Israel couldn't have asked a better draw for the 2nd place IMO. :) I am confident we can make the play-offs.

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Just for the record Slovenia never beat Yugoslavia, we tied them twice and were the better team by far on both occasions.

My prediction for this group is France in first place, Israel takes second. ;)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Well, the reason for Slovenias success is that they work as a team. It's the mentality I think, slovenian mentality. It's a small country, but they're making it big everywhere :dazed:

As I said, teamwork is what this game is all about. Juz take a look at Sweden, no big fix stars, and still they can make it pretty far.

Sure, Slovenia wont be able to make it all the way in some situations, since individual players are needed, and the best is the golden balance that France has showed.The opposite would be the Netherlands :doh:
Slovenia will take that 2nd spot :stuckup:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Well France are obviously favourites to win this group and Slovenia and Israel will fight for the second spot. But I think Cyprus could make it hard and why not they are also in. Unfortunately already happened twice in the past that Israel lost to Cyprus in their homeground in important matches first in the WC qualifying matches and the second in the Euro 2000 campaign when we lost in a dumb penalty at the end of the match. But Slovenia and Israel are the main countenders to the second spot, IMO the points against Cyprus could decide which team will take it. The French are feeling that this is an easy group but they never forget Israel's win in Paris in the 93 WC qualifying which led the way to their elimination from the WC. If we did it once why not again! ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Well, Berko, you're right that we will never forget what happened in that damned and doomed night of October 93 at the Parc des Princes. However, this huge humilation, was in fact the first stone towards the rebuilding process which involved concrete actions towards developping and focusing all our energy and efforts towards the youth developpmenet policy. Now, look at what we have achieved thanks to this policy. I have to thank Israel for this big favour they did us; by eliminating us from this world cup, we were forced to review everything and start from scratch!

However, i don't see, even in the worst worst case scenario, this occuring again, at the Stade de France. This team is solid and untreatable at home. In France, Israel all they could do would be to pray hard; but in Israel, the match may be harder, but we should still prevail and with style...;)

Good luck Israel and THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO US IN 93!!!!
If we're what we are today, it's in a way, because of you!!!:)
All the best to everyone and as always, ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!
LA VICTOIRE EST EN NOUS...POUR TOUJOURS!!!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
The quest for our 3rd European title has begun: Euro 2004 schedule
the full schedule for the Euro 2004 qualifications which were released a few days ago. I think it is a good schedule, this way we start our first game, on the road in a not so difficult game.

sam 07/09/2002 SLOVENIE - MALTE 20h00

CHYPRE - FRANCE 20h00

sam 12/10/2002 à Saint-Denis FRANCE - SLOVENIE 20h45

MALTE - ISRAËL 20h45

mer 16/10/2002 ISRAËL - CHYPRE 20h00

MALTE - FRANCE 20h00

mer 20/11/2002 CHYPRE - MALTE 20h00

sam 29/03/2003 CHYPRE - ISRAËL 20h00

à Saint-Denis FRANCE - MALTE 20h45

mer 02/04/2003 SLOVENIE - CHYPRE 20h30

ISRAËL - FRANCE 20h30

mer 30/04/2003 MALTE - SLOVENIE 20h00

sam 07/06/2003 MALTE - CHYPRE 20h00

ISRAËL - SLOVENIE 20h00

sam 06/09/2003 à Saint-Denis FRANCE - CHYPRE 20h45

SLOVENIE - CHYPRE 20h45

mer 10/09/2003 ISRAËL - MALTE 20h30

SLOVENIE - FRANCE 20h30

sam 11/10/2003 à Saint-Denis FRANCE - ISRAËL 20h45

CHYPRE - SLOVENIE 20h45

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Well San Siro we are honored in being the reason of a rebuilding process. That victory was also very important to Israel ( one of the best results of Israeli soccer besides the win 5-0 over Austria and 2-1 over Argentina). I agree France is much better now and have everything to win both matches but I warn you guys out: do not underestimate Israel specially at Ramat Gan Stadium, its very difficult to beat us there ( ask the Spaniards and Austrians).

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
berko said:
and 2-1 over Argentina).
:eek::eek::eek::eek::confused:
When did you beat Argentina?????????????????????????????????
Was it in the senior level???? I can't believe it!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Raanan said:
France
Slovenia
Israel
Cyprus
Malta

:)
Yeah, seems like a pretty clear-cut group to me.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
San_Siro_1 said:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::confused:
When did you beat Argentina?????????????????????????????????
Was it in the senior level???? I can't believe it!!!!:eek:
What is so unbelivable by beating a stronger opponent in a friendly game? sensations do happen, even if it's the evil Israel we're talking about. ;)

You can find a match report right here

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I can't believe that!!!:eek:

It's like if Canada lost in Ice Hockey against Brasil or Cameroun!!!!:eek:;):D:D:D:D

Lemme ask the Argies for confirmation of that...:eek:;)

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Hey San Siro!!!

Wake up and smell the coffe!!!!!!!!!
Its never going to happen..you can rebuild, but damadge is damadge...you don't learn from it unless you look at it positve and France does not!!

Don't thank Israel for Eliminating you from WC 1994, because its a matter of time in EURO 2004 Qualifiers that it will repeat...
Yes; you are a powerhouse, but i don't fear you!!!

We did tie you a couple of times, though you have beaten us greatly in the past....doesn't bother me.

That october day 1993, will be an anniversery of 10 years to another 3-2 VICTORY!

EL EL ISRAEL!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Dieselguy19 said:
Hey San Siro!!!

That october day 1993, will be an anniversery of 10 years to another 3-2 VICTORY!

Hey Dieselguy !!!

That's exactly why "Les Bleus" will play this match with anger !

:D

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Bud Wazaa said:

Hey Dieselguy !!!

That's exactly why "Les Bleus" will play this match with anger !

:D

Would you play as good as you played against us in the World cup???

BWAHAHAHAHHA
Les Bleus try to play with anger, but end up missing the opprotunity! :)

You'll see! We don't need anger or revenge! We know how to deal with you! :devil:

3-1 win for israel! :)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts