Xtratime Community banner

Where will Israel finish in its EC 2004 Group?

• Group winners! :rolleyes: :D

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2nd - Playoff spot

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 3rd

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 4th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5th, after a double loss to Malta

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw a similar poll on Walla Sport (where, btw, 7% think Israel will finish top of its group :D ) so i thought we should have a similar one as well. vote and give your reason why (something like 2 wins against Malta, 2 defeats to France, a draw and a win against Slovenia etc...)

:)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
2nd, I think that we will surprise France at home, get 4 points from Slovenia and Cyprus and 6 from Malta, 17 points can even get us to first, but I think that France will not lose many points either (actually just the 3 to us, maybe 2 to Slovenia).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I like the new Group. Its better than the Group 7 we had before and way we had to deal with those monkeys from Vienna (austria). But i hope that we will do good. I know that france will be EXTREMELY difficult to beat. But than again so will Slovenia. As yu know, slovenia is good and is the home of Mr. Milan Ostrec. So i am terrified to see the worse.

But still, :depress: We cannot look like idiots. We still have to be strong. I know malta is not good, but they can play the ball around. In fact, they beat canada 2-0 like a month or so ago. As for Cyprus....its all up to our judging...we can really take them out, but its all about how our strategy will be.

Here is my predictions for Road to Euro 2004 (B' Portugal)

Israel vs. Cyprus
1) 4-1 (Home)
2) 2-3 (away)

Slovenia
1) 2-2 (away)
2) 1-0 (home)

Malta
1) 0-3 (away)
2) 0-6 (home)

France
1) 1-1 (home)
2) 1-2 (away)

France -----> 20 Points.
Israel ------> 18 Points (FAIR!!!)
Slovenia ---> 14 Points
Cyprus -----> 09 Points
Malta -------->02 Points

EL EL ISRAEL! B' PORTUGAL AL FIGOVEIR! : P

·
Registered
258 Posts
My hope is the 1st place.:D
1 place Israel, 2 place Slovenia:D :D
However, it is the 2nd place actually.

France:Home-Win!! or Draw , Awey-Loss
Slovenia:Home-Win , Awey-Loss or Draw
Cyprus:Home-Win , Awey-Win!!
Malta:Home-Win , Awey-Win

Total points 16~19

I also think that Israel surprises France at a home.
As anyone knows, it will be influenced by the result by World Cup of France and Slovenia.
For example, when France wins the victories again, it is difficult to win, if the 1st game of a Euro primary is the home in Israel.
Of course, on the other side, Israel may win France by tiredness or a�@merry with championship dotage.:D

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Isn't it called "Group 1" ? :D

Anyway, I think Israel will finish 3rd in this group, but they may suprise me and get the play-off spot, but it's unlikely.

They might surprise France and Slovenia at home and hold them to draws, but they will lose away to France and Slovenia, otherwise they should beat Cyprus and Malta in both games.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I think we will finish third

Slovinea is much better then Austria.

Maybe if Benayun and few more yoyng players will develope
by that time we will have a chance

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I voted for 2nd place as well. no disrespect for Slovenia, i do acknowledge their achievements and they are currently better then both Israel and Austria, but their talent is very limited just like Israel's (Radujna and Karic who could not even force their way into minnow teams lineups reminds me Zohar, Ghrayeb and Amsalem...) and their current wave of success is due to be over sooner or later. Don't forget that we're playing after the WC, and a bad performance there might break them. Another important factor is the coach, Katanec. Wanted by many teams and might leave them after the WC

And our WC 2002 campaign wasn't a total failure after all. we have had some good games (the draw with Bosnia, the game with Spain) and at the end of the day we missed out on the playoffs because of a last minute free-kick. This time we're gonna do a bit better i believe. :)

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I vote for 3rd place :(

As much as i would like to see Isreal qualify i just can't see them getting past Slovenia even though Slovenia have qualified on pure luck recently ;) France is assured just about and i would expect Slovenia to draw in Isreal and win in Slovenia :( Nevertheless Football can be a strange game sometimes and for Isreal's sake and for Raanan's sake i hope they qualify :D

All the best and good luck for your Euro 2004 Qualifying campaign :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, who voted for the first place? :jester: :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TJK did. :lala: :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
"Ehad bape VeEhad Balev" as they say, or MSN in that case. :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's me.
It is not expectation and it is hope.
The higher one of hope is good!!
Let's make hope high!!

In fact, I thinks that Slovenia and Israel compete for play-off.

Caric played formerly in Japan. He was a good player from that time.
Also,Milinovic plays in the team(JEF ICHIHARA) which I like. He also played an active part last season.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Hey I voted you finish 3rd!

No offence, but I really do belive so, you know me!!:D :D

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Well of course I will cheer for a first place but I think we will finish up in second place in a disputed spot against Slovenia ( just like against Austria). France are favourites but if we beat them once why can't we beat them again?

yalla Israel!!!! EL ISRAEL

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Its hard to beat france twice especially when the France squad changes so dirmaticly between the 8 years that we played them and beat them! New players were added and new faces were brought up. I don't think Petit played back then with the France...so theres a little itch.

But we can do some damadge to them thats for sure.!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts