Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reports - and probably photos - of Ohlstadt-Eschenlohe and Bayern-1860 soon to come. :cool:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spent some nice 3 days in Bayern, precisely Garmisch (where they still have Pizza Hut unlike in Vienna), München, Eschenlohe, Murnau, Ohlstadt,...

First game was SV Ohlstadt - SV Eschenlohe on Saturday , an "A Klasse"-game (3rd lowest league in Germany, as I've been told).
Funniest thing about it was probably that Eschenlohe's #7 was driven home by the same guy as us the evening before - around 4AM, after at least 10 Wodka Bull, 3 Wodka Sprite, 3 beer, 2xFürstenfeld ("für unsere Gäste aus Österreich), 1x Skandal im Sperrbezirk, 2x Austria-Germany at Tischfussball (we lost twice), and many other things I am sure I can not remember. No better way to start a short trip than at some "1 Euro-Party" in some Dorfdisco. :D
Back to the game, Eschenlohe scored first after a horrible mistake by the Ohlstadt-keeper (Franzi), unfortunately the home side scored the equalizer after hitting the post twice. Surprisingly good game by the #7 of Eschenlohe.
SV Ohlstadt - SV Eschenlohe 1:1 (0:0)

Sunday, the big derby, Bayern vs. 60.
With us 2 Austrians, our group of 14 people arrived in Munich hours before the game. We mostly spent the time with listening to an old lady's stories at Burger King ("Früher waren die Bayern noch gut. Da haben sie den andern Mannschaften immer die besten Spieler weggekauft". Jaja, früher...) and taking pictures with Japanese tourists.
Entered the Olympiastadion 2 hours before kick-off and used the time for the obligatory preparations.

The game itself was rather poor.
Bayern München - TSV 1860 München 1:0 (0:0)
Man of the match: Roque "Ich, Roque" Santa Cruz. Scored the vital goal and had the best Zweikampfstatistik.
The best impression of the 60er made goalie Michael Hofmann and Shao "Do Shao her!" Jiayi after he came on in the second half.
I just hope Bremen won't **** their championship up with the 0-0 in Bochum...

Some more impressions:

Südkurve before the game.

Südkurve during the game.

1860-fans before the game.

Bayern-freekick.
Wall: Torben Hoffmann, Claudio Pizarro, Andreas Görlitz, Martin Stranzl, Rodrigo Costa, Markus Schroth, Marco Kurz, Matthias Lehmann. Seconds later, the freekick hits the wall and Rodrigo Costa clears.

"Da steht ein Affe im Tor,..."

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Thanks for the nice impressions.

I watched the derby on TV and I never saw such a boring 60er-Bayern match before...

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the game was poor. Bayern in no way champions-like, but as we know them, they might as well get away with 3 points against Bremen with pure luck. :rolleyes:

Keeping my fingers crossed for 60...

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
You know I cant agree with you Micha :D
Cool pics though, way way better than the ones I took when I went to Olympiastadion despite the 2 matches I attended being important ones - CL semi and last home match of 2000/2001 season :(

Question: Why on earth take pic with Jap tourists? Our Japanese obsession taken to life or perhaps you hoped they were carrying some anime or manga that you could borrow? ;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Nedved! said:
You know I cant agree with you Micha :D
Me neither, there actually is Pizza Hut in Vienna. At least if you don't file Schwedenplatz as Swedish terretory.... ;)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not there anymore, Robert, trust me. :)
The whole Pizza Hut Austria-franchise has been closed (or at least all franchises in Vienna).

As for the japanese tourists: Not my idea. :D
But that one guy with the hockey-jersey (team was SC Riessersee - in short SCR, I had to get used to that first ;)) decided that we use the time before kick-off at Olympiapark to spread to message of 1860 and SCR all around the globe (actually Japan only). You should have seen their faces. First a bit shy when they were apporached, but as soon as they heard the word "picture" or "photo", noone could have stopped them.
Fun for them, fun for us, so it's all good. ;)

Highlight was one group which took pictures with all 14 of us. For about 10 minutes we stood there, Blitzlichtgewitter, the Japanese people who posed with us changed every 10 seconds. It was like on a red carpet. ;) Unfortunately noone thought of making at least one of that pictures as well, so the big group photos of 2 Austrians, 12 Bavarians and always different 4-5 Japanese only exist in Japan, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Skandal :eek: How can there be no more Pizza Hut there?

Do you also have Nordsee in Austria btw? I only got to eat this fish burger at some joint along (the superlong) Mariahilferstraße last time.

Photos - how typical ;) PErhaps you were still too dizzy feeling like some celebrity otherwise you could've had the 14-ppl pic in your camera as well!

Btw, have you shown these photos too to the German fellas? Timing is perhaps not good since Bayern has just lost but nevertheless, the pics are good IMO. But only Frank likes Bayern right? While I think like Manuel etc wont be interested, hehe.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, we do have Nordsee.

As for the cameras, it's actually not mine, but a friend's. So officially, I'm not the one to blame. ;)

And Frank is the only Bayern-fan (together with Marvin that is. no idea if you know him). Manuel is more like the gloryhunter ;), from what I remember he liked Stuttgart this season.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Sure I know Marvin, but he's Lebanese so not exactly an example to use when I was mentioning Germans ;) He's in that mass pic, remember?

There are a few other Bayern fans but they've all along been in Frank's forum so I dont consider them either. Is LIT a Bayern fan btw? No right? Another Michael :D

Say, Micha, why dont you invite Frank to this topic? Our attempt at German forum sorta failed :pp But we can always have some relaxed chat here where you can revive the old-style German banters stuff, y'know?

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Germans entering the Austrian forum?
You know what happened the last time Germans entered Austria? ;)
I'll tell him about the pics when I see him online.

Marv has been in Germany for quite some time now, for me that makes him German. ;)
And what do you mean the attempt for the German forum failed? Which attempt of the thousands and why not start a new one? :D

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
No I dont know, what happened? :angel: And after all, you'll still have a German visiting Austria in a few months' time so might as well get used to the idea :pp Unless you're willing to travel to Cologne (or was it Düsseldorf) again.

As for attempt - the latest attempt of course! :pp And consider this a new attempt. Shall I post my dated Bayern matches pics here for additional lure? But Frank has seen them though...

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Surprise, surprise....Nedved!, where do you live?

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Singapore :)

Mentioning about my visit that time to Austria, it reminds me - is Quentin still at XT? He's Austrian right? Back then he was one of those who helped me with some info although I didn't have the time to get back to him.

Anyways,
Micha, you haven't asked Frank have you? (It was your turn ;)) Seeing that there was no further response from you, I asked him about it myself and well, he refused for the umpteenth time. So, was that like, the 100th (combined) attempt or something? And all flunked...Ah well, at least we've tried :)

I was thinking to outline (and develop) the travel plan in this topic, is that ok? It seems easier to do that in a topic where several people can just check it rather than communicating about it with the people concerned individually. Austria may be (not confirmed) the last stop anyway, considering the number of people that I can meet up there so this seems quite appropriate. It's still a few months from now but well, I like doing planning matters, the process itself is fun :D

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, Quentin is from Austria, Linz, as far as I know. Posts here very very rarely, unfortunately. :(

No, I haven't asked Frank, haven't seen him online yet.
I haven't lost hope for a german forum comeback yet, but my hope is on a "stand-by" mode at the moment, if you get what I mean. ;) Someday they'll all come back and we'll finally get that damn kicker.de manager-game running. :D

·
Registered
17,487 Posts
Lüg doch nicht, jeden Tag sehe ich Dich online ;)

Sag doch einfach, daß Du Dich nicht traust, mich zu fragen, weil Du die Antwort schon kennst :angel: :D :tongue:

So, ich bin dann mal wieder weg :devil:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tigerheart said:
So, ich bin dann mal wieder weg :devil:
Noch bevor ich zum Meistertitel gratulieren konnte... :sob:

Du bist doch Bremer, oder? :D

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I have to agree with Frank about the online thingie :D
Amazing, when not asked, he'll come by himself :pp

Although I understand roughly what the two of you are talking about, can someone please translate completely for me?

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He basically talked about his inferiority complex as a German (which I totally understand) and also that the debacle against Romania is just too recent for him to post on a football board again.

Being the kind and forgiving person I am, I told him it's all good and he can come here anytime he wants.

Now go tell us more about your Austria-visit, Nedved. ;)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Ha ha, no way that it's the translation ;)

You still haven't answered Frank's accusation? :D

As for my plan, any idea which budget airline has direct flight from London (the outskirts, I know - they're budget airlines for a reason) to Wien?

Coz I checked RyanAir and their flights to Austria are only to Salzburg, Linz, and Graz - all of which are some >100kms away from Wien and if we end up having to take the train to Wien that sorts of defeats the purpose of taking a budget airline.

Yes, now I plan to go to Austria from UK and only go to Germany after that :)

1 - 20 of 117 Posts