Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the Gronk doing? I never hear anything about him anymore. Is he injured again or he just doesn't play? When Chelsea bought him, I read that they thought it was a bargain but now it turns out to be different, or not?

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
personally I think ranieri came this . close to ruining or at the very least stunting gronks' talent and career.when he first came to chelsea I was stunned at the ease with which he could beat 3 or 4 players consistently, he really is a big big talent and then for some bloody reason ranieri benched him for the remainder of the year..

anyhow to cut a long story short his form at the beginning of the year was hardly eye catching and he didnt deserve his place but without seeing too much the past few mnths I hear hes back to near his best :cool:

His performance last year against MU was one of the better individual performances from a player in the EPL last season, breathtaking stuff

·
THE
14,122 Posts
Errr, he was benched maybe because he was injured?? He came back not a long ago, had some good games, got a small injury again, but fortunately it wasn't a big deal and he played again in the last game.

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
errr no he wasnt benched for injury last season, he was benched for no reason whatsoever, and a stupider move by a coach I havent seen except for the way liverpool treat litmanen..........

he actually was questioning why he wasnt starting last season if you remember................ anyhow once this season started he was starting and didnt have any form whatsoever and this is due completely and utterly to his confidence being shot by ranieri last season, like I said I havent sseen much the past few mnths but I hear he started getting some form back

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
ure both wrong

last season he played a blinder against MU and then was on the bench for the next half-dozen games with no injury! :rolleyes:

check ure facts and then come tell me Im wrong

·
Registered
201 Posts
Youre fast, but odd. If you consider six games to be alot then you should wake up. With todays schedule six games is like two weeks... Yeah thats alot... If i remeber correctly so was it a minor injury that keept him from atleast one or two games and then he had to work himself back in the team.

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
its quite vexing when you have to spell things out to people b/c they choose not to read things carefully..

back in one of my posts in this very thread mind you, you'll see I made reference to the fact even gronkjaer himself was bemoaning the fact he fell out of favour for no apparent reason, so once again my point is even if it was only 6 games the fact is after his performance against MU he should never have been benched in successive matches afterwardsIN THE FIRST PLACE, it kills a players confidence

·
Registered
201 Posts
If he is so bitchy that he cant handle being left out of the team for six games then he can join Anelka and the other whiners in boring liverpool.

·
THE
14,122 Posts
Easy gentelmen. Listen, I really don't remember all the details, but in my memory he didn't play because he was injured. How do you explaine the fact then that he didn't play for Danish NT as well and suddenly Ranieri started to use him again and he has been the first team regular now? He's fast and essential for the team.

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
Its cool boss, :)

look I may be wrong, but again I dont think so, the reason I seem so sure is that I even made a topic abt it, or at the very least had a blast in a post abt this very issue last year sometime.

I couldnt believe how talented he was the first time I saw him in a blue shirt, 8 mill pounds was a bargain if he can stay fit ;) In this day and age of safety first football hes refreshing the way he wants to take on players all over the park

·
Registered
201 Posts
With the current squad he surely is an important player. We doesnt really have a bunch of quality wingers in the club...

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so he's a first team regular now? that's nice to hear, I hope his injury-days are over now.

I you need a cool nickname for him: at Ajax he was called Danish Dynamite :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts