Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell freinds, after a long time I have finally returned. I took a long time for me to recover from the serbian humiliation at EURO2000(damn Holland!):). I just hope the Sydney 2000 olympics erase the memories of Rotterdam:)

Hopefully with Grobar and me back here at xtratime, this forum should be as active as it was a few months back.

Anyway, for the next 63 days(until the olympics) its back to the good old Partizan - Crvena Zvezda rivalry:)...

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Welcome back!!!

But you better not think that the new nick is going to change anything...Partizan is going down, once again!!! :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Yeah. You do all the talking for now, but you know full well that partizan will give Zvezda(and Obilic for that matter) a good thrasing(twice)!:):)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Well, it is hardly likely that you guys (Partizan) will be able to give us (Zvezda) any kind of trashing in the near future. As far as Obilic, they are seriously weakened this season and my prognosis is that they may be fighting to avoid relegation. So, in this case, trashing is likely and long overdue for your club.

Talking of Partizan, what's going on with this team? Another central pieace of Tumbakovic's success formula, Djordje Tomic, is heading to Oviedo. I see P. is likely to get Gabriel Radojcic, Obilic c-forward. Why? Is Radojcic that good? I thought P. has some solid and promissing forwards (Delibasic, Iliev, Obradovic, Curcija, Kasom). Why do they need yet another one when their more urging problem is defense? Who is going to play in the defense after the departure of Krstajic and Stojanovski? To my knowledge, onlu Vuk Rasovic is a reliable factor in the backline. Any comments about the above issues from Partizan fans? I'd prefer seeing that than any sensless threats about trashing Zvezda. You know the Latin proverb "Hic Rhodos, hic salta".

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ahhhh.... FINALLY a delija that makes sense ;). I totally concur with you Ben, this senseless "we're the best, you stink" sentiment kinda rubs me the wrong way as well.

Anywho, I'm also worried about the defense, but I haven't read anywhere of any key signings lately...actually any at all for that matter. I know that they signed Marko Zoric defender from Proleter and Radovan Radakovic keeper (one of the best) from Radnicki Kg a while ago. I think my Grobari could've actually made some serious noise last year with a solid back line, but then again, if I had breasts I'd be a woman ;). I think it's good that Partizan have signed another forward, it's better to have too many, than too few. What I think likely will happen is that they'll probably trade one or two for some defenders, they TRULY do need them.

[Edited by Grobar on 14-07-2000 at 23:21]

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
hehehe, Grobar, the only difference is, that when a Delija says "we are the best" it isn't senseless, it's true..:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Yes, I've heared of P. signing Radakovic. He had a fine spring season with Radnicki K. What I've heared from Radniski's fans, he is the main reason for their club still being in Div. 1. I have no clue who is that guy Zoric. However, Zrenjanin traditionaly provided good players such as Becejac, Seles, Ivic brothers, D. Kovacevic, M. Pantelic and even Crni Bik (your club's current director). So, Zoric may turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

There may be a problem with the goalie position, however. Radakovic expects to be a starting goalie, but Radisa Ilic also thinks he deserves starting position after Damijanac left. Ilic erned this by having some great games last season comming off the banch, especially when he saved P's butt against RS in the fall of 99. He has bacame a member of U-23 national team and has been regarded as top young keeper in the country. Is Partizan going to keep him on the banch for another season, or let him in the starting line-up as, for example, Real M. and AC Milan did with their young goalies?

Another, unrelated question is whether current P.'s team have style and game strategy. My impression is that they have mainly relied on the huge talents of Kezman, S. Ilic, Ivic and Tomic. However, when P. confonted organized teams like Obilic and Red Star, who play strict marking and pressing, P. seem to have trouble. Is this a Jesic factor? Is Tumbakovic capable of developing a style in which both talent and modern trends (movement without ball, for-checking, etc.) can be blanded? I have some doubts about his coaching skills after his fiasco in Greece. Any comments?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Great post Ben!

I was also wondering what my Grobari were doing signing another quality keeper. They'll probably end up bringing him along slowly but surely, first being a backup to Ilic. Just like Ilic was to Damjanac, like Damjanac was to Kralj, etc. I have to admit, Partizan have done a pretty good job of bringing up some quality keepers in the last little while. If only they could do the same with their defenders:(.

I think it was a "Jesic thing" more than anything else that dictated their style of play. The attitude of "doesn't matter how many you score, we'll always score one more" might win you fans, but it won't win any championships (as witnessed last year). Ljubisa is an excellent strategist, who isn't prone to one dimensional thinking. As for the fiasco in Greece: name one coach who had a "good" season in Greece last year. I think Ljubisa will be just fine. His name is also mentioned in the same breath as Piksi's for the coaching of the FSJ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts