Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
24,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probable line-ups

Crotone (3-5-2):
Cordaz; Djidji, Magallan, Golemic; Pereira, Molina, Cigarini, Zanellato, Reca; Messias, Simy

Suspended: None

Injured: Marrone

On a yellow card: Cuomo, Golemic, Rispoli, Eduardo Henrique

Inter (3-5-2): Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, A Bastoni; Hakimi, Barella, Brozovic, Eriksen, Perisic; Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez

Suspended: None

Injured: Kolarov, Vidal

On a yellow card: Lukaku, Young, Darmian

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Much preferred my Voodoo theme TBH

But I'm concerned a bit about this game

Reactions: Nacka

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Barella, Lukaku, Brozo, Lautaro need to pull out TWO MORE PERFORMANCES this season and then that's it

They can zone out after that and focus on the Euros or TikTok/Playstation

But they have to stop playing like sh*te and step up for the next 2 games

We CANNOT be relying on points from Roma and Juve

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
Quite a shitty match thread title tbh. We aren't winning by luck/chance.

Calm down red, we won 12 from the last 14, drew 2. One of the 2 draws against a Napoli that went on to put 5 past Lazio.

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
Agree though that it's time the front 2 get back to scoring, after 4 matches without scoring against Cagliari, Napoli, Spezia and Verona. Good thing we are finding goals from other players, though

·
Registered
24,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Quite a shitty match thread title tbh. We aren't winning by luck/chance.

Calm down red, we won 12 from the last 14, drew 2. One of the 2 draws against a Napoli that went on to put 5 past Lazio.
We definitely won the match against Verona by pure luck (and a fresh Darmian off the bench), somehow we managed to get the win despite Handanovic's effort to throw it away.

But sure most of our wins during the season have been well deserved. If anything we were unlucky in the CL where we really should have gotten more points against Waxtap and Borussia Mönchgladbach.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
We definitely won the match against Verona by pure luck (and a fresh Darmian off the bench), somehow we managed to get the win despite Handanovic's effort to throw it away.

But sure most of our wins during the season have been well deserved. If anything we were unlucky in the CL where we really should have gotten more points against Waxtap and Borussia Mönchgladbach.
Napoli in San Siro was another fluke win

But otherwise not many lucky wins. Juve and Samp losses were both flukes, we should have at least drawn the first Derby based on chances.

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
We didn't beat Verona by pure luck. We had better chances than them over the 90 minutes. We hit the post, forced Silvestri into a couple of saves, Lautaro missed a sitter etc.. We scored a well worked goal too.

Not sure what people expected, a 5-0 routing? Last season our results against them were a late 2-1 win and a 2-2 draw, Verona are decent.

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
Napoli in San Siro was another fluke win

But otherwise not many lucky wins. Juve and Samp losses were both flukes, we should have at least drawn the first Derby based on chances.
Napoli had more chances than us but it wasn’t just luck, Samir was great that match too so he deserves credit for the clean sheet. And yeah we created more than Samp and Milan but lost, things like that even out over the course of a season.

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
I watched a replay of Parma-Crotone. Ounas and Messias were excellent, they certainly won't go to B with Crotone. Both quite skillful. Wouldn't mind Messias as a 4th forward if we don't have enough cash for a Muriel. Ounas is a bit of a Politano/Mahrez. He was the reserve of Mahrez when Algeria won the ACN 2019 in Egypt.

Simy scored 19 goals this season which is amazing tbh. So our defence and midfield will have to be wary and not to leave spaces for that dangerous trio. Reca is also a decent lwb.

Crotone's defence is weak though. If we aren't creating we should change to 343 with Sanchez behind the main front 2 and take off one of the cms

I think Darmian has earned a start for tomorrow at lwb.

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
Btw I was watching Inter v Verona again last night, Lukaku could have had 2 assists (early Lautaro sitter and layoff to Hakimi who's shot was well saved by Silvestri)

Romelu didn't have a goal threat but he helped his teammates get chances. Must be said also that Magnani fouled him 5-6 times and was only booked once.

·
Registered
24,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
We didn't beat Verona by pure luck. We had better chances than them over the 90 minutes. We hit the post, forced Silvestri into a couple of saves, Lautaro missed a sitter etc.. We scored a well worked goal too.

Not sure what people expected, a 5-0 routing? Last season our results against them were a late 2-1 win and a 2-2 draw, Verona are decent.
I can't remember Lautaro missing any sitter? Do you mean the chance he created after running with the ball from his own half? If that's a sitter then the chances for Bessa, Dimarco and Barak were also sitters.

Decent team, sure. But like half their team consists of Inter rejects. So I expect us to be able to dominate them at home. We barely created any chances during the game other than Lautaro's solo effort and Hakimi's freekick. We can surely demand more than that from the team.

We didn't dominate the game in any metric I can think of. Verona won possession by a slight margin, chances and shots were about the same for both teams and Verona had 8 corners to our 3.

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
You didn't watch from the start then because Lautaro had a 1 on one with Silvestri but he put the ball high. The Bessa and Dimarco chances were a double chance and that was indeed a big chance, I didn’t say Verona did nothing but our chances were clearer. Anyhow generally speaking we are scoring little in past weeks, it's conceding less that is making us win moreso than scoring a lot.

We did have more shots on target than Verona though, that matters more than possession stats. We won matches with less possession so it doesn't mean much.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Hopefully the last step on the way to a historic Scudetto.

Lautaro + Lukaku need to do their thing this evening

Players can do

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
No.

We need to win then hope Atalanta don't win tomorrow at Sassuolo

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
Great pass Brozovic

Cordaz saves